Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Blind Rasputin posted:

Does fire like this really damage a pure metal machine like a tank? I’d think it was pretty much fire proof from something that’s burning out pretty quickly.

no, and it was also towed

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Trolling Thunder posted:

That’s something that has surprised me in many of these vids — I see these things land a few feet from cars and it appears nothing happens to them unless they hit directly. Hell, that tv tower took a direct missile strike and remained unscathed.

I mean, I’m sure this stuff is lethal, but it sure doesn’t look like it.

air flows where there's the least pressure

israel found out that casualty numbers from bombs in busses dropped if you kept some windows open

so unless the car gets hit from fragments, it requires a big bomb or a very close hit to shatter the windows

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Cugel the Clever posted:

Is it possible there's also just something straight up faulty with Russian munitions at a large scale? Not enough that they're unable to level apartment blocks when they want, but more than just a handful of dudes? It'd have sounded ridiculous to me a week ago, but given some of what we've seen and the corrupt and rotten nature of their military, it seems plausible.

i think that it's this:

Natty Ninefingers posted:

If the thing goes straight in and embeds itself to some degree before igniting, could that have a limiting effect?

instead of munitions problem

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

drat

cold war weapon guys smoked some wild poo poo