Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Zeris posted:

welp I'm dumb

Quit getting high with Russian whores!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Whats the backpack for? Lunch?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

underage at the vape shop posted:

Is this the right thread to ask about stuff I saw on youtube? I've been watching some us helmet cam footage on, and I want to know, in situations where you can't see the enemy, how do you know it's safe? There was 1 where a convoy of humvees got attacked and the dude was just emptying belts into the forest where he thought they were. Sure at the start there was return fire, but an A10 came along and just kept pounding them over and over and over. Towards the end they started shelling the attackers with mortars in between a10 runs. It was a 10 min video with lots of cuts so I have no idea how long it actually went for, but after the first A10 run there was no return fire.

It looked like they were just shooting bodies at that point, but how do you know? At no point in the video did they actually see any of the attackers. How do they know that as soon as the A10 leaves for fuel and ammo and they get back in their trucks, they won't get shot at again? Obviously they can't walk up and check.

uhh because they dead and gone??

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
No soul brotha, too beacoup

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

subterfudge posted:

drat, I didn't know it leaned that heavy towards white.

Well you see, the United States has always been a christian nation...

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Zeris posted:

I meant regarding that vietnam casualties picture, whether or fake or true, is going to get used for all of the wrong reasons by both sides who will then blow up at each others' blow ups

Both sides of what? Seems like the absence of black dudes in SF is a thing? There were very rarely black nukes too. I think our class had 5 out of 300 people or so which was pretty light. That our crew had two black nukes was pretty atypical as far as I'm aware too

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with either recruitment rates from black majority urban areas or broader economic characteristics. I met way more people from the country side than major cities while I was in.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
The one massively buck negro posted?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Ya'll don't know Mable's life yall don't know her struggle

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
What's the deal on having your copilot take the controls while you try to rub one out under g-force acceleration? Do the compression pants come with locks?

Edit: there has to be a thread that's already discussed this right?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

Very few planes with copilots are designed for significant Gs.

Guess buddy is only half a word in the aviation engineering community too

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Reverand maynard posted:

just put the truck in neutral before you fire your artillery out the back of your truck. idiots.

That's how you make the tank fly in GTA:SA :nsa:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Zeris posted:

Back in my day we used to mark up our kills, not give ourselves awards just for showing up and popping off a few rounds

Abu-hajar stencils take up too much room though

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Spawn more overlords

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Why does that shitbag have scruff on his face while wearing ribbons in what looks like some kind of semi-official weather gear?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

I think I'm in love

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Shouldn't they have helmets on? Lack of proper PPE sinks submarines and causes blue on blue fire incidents

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Reforger posted:

Got a question. There is a US term similar in meaning to the Russian "monkey model" for capability downgraded export weapons systems.

Do you know it?

We just have our "American's (and some allies) only" upgrade models. All the stuff we sell other people is great though!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
With Russia regularly denying their troop losses in the Ukraine I wouldn't be surprised if calling loved ones to report deaths was an attempt to bypass the political considerations that have gone into official estimates of the dead in this conflict

Or at least I could see it starting that way

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

lmao okay so now let's watch him engage a target while riding that thing

uhhh computers do the shooting from mobile platforms don't they?

edit: useful ones that is

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
*the land mine defender has logged on

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Here's a JDAM video shut the gently caress up about the r-word

https://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/air-strikes/top-10-jdam-strikes/4330525181001

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Look how gracefully the suspension supports that AA platform

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
We dropped the big one so I don't think the United States ever gets to claim we have a pretty conventional warfighting posture.

Against the background of our nuclear triad the level of military adventurism we engage in is uh, alarming.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr Crustacean posted:

That's kinda the point I'm making.

Your logical conceit of not really giving a poo poo about the killings of anyone who gets labelled as a combatant in a title 10 environment

Where if you label it a war and the people you kill as combatants, then those killings don't count.
And only the non combatant deaths count against you.

It's a rather necessary conceit in a tactical soldiering context to do the job of closing and killing with the enemy.

It's a loving disgraceful conceit to use in any sort of leadership, policy or populace level discussion outside of the tactical role, and should be repudiated and stamped out at every point outside that specific tactical soldiering role in theatre.

Because it's the very conceit that allows you to start those wars and justify killing those hundreds and thousands of people. Where you think killing those people doesn't count because you started a 'war' with them.

Lol what the gently caress is this are you using a posting personaTM?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

CommieGIR posted:

Read about the SL-1 reactor incident for a good time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SL-1?wprov=sfla1

that, Chernobyl, and three mile island incident reports were some fun classroom reading at powerschool.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

EBB posted:

But Vasudus is in DC today?

It's a wonderful tradition being honored on the regular by our boys and girls in uniform.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Tanks are stupid because they can't go underwater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Oh wow tanks are super cool