Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Can you give robots wedgies? Egg Skynet on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

The original script for Terminator Salvation had a cool reveal in it, turns out the Terminators had this huge secret base and they think it's the Skynet mainframe/uplink, they get there, fight their way in and discover they built a utopia for the surviving humans they captured who didn't try to fight them and that Connor might have known that the machines were just trying to protect humanity from violent assholes like John Connor the whole time

Yeah that was kinda neat, though it really didn't fit in with any of the established story stuff at all. Salvation could've been a lot better, like maybe not killing Terry Crews off camera.

On topic though:

What sort of injuries could tank crews suffer here from a hit that still let's them climb out?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Speaking of,

https://twitter.com/bm21_grad/status/747169939564396544

This seems like a pretty bad idea.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ah nuu cheeki jeepi

Also I think it was this thread not too long ago where somebody posted one of those cool firefighting planes doing a super low pass over a ridge line but I can't find the drat gif. Pretty sure it was a recent fire, large jet dumping out that red anti-fire stuff, belly of the plane maybe 20 feet above the tree tops. Anybody know the gif or video I'm talking about? It was pretty dang rad but searching youtube and poo poo for it is only giving me tons of other and older examples :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

That's the one, thanks :)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Intel5 posted:

Smart EFP cluster bomb? It's not doing the fwoosh spin rocket thing BLU-108 does, and they are going off pretty high, what the gently caress is that?

It sounds weird and pissed off, whatever it is

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

UGH SHUT THE gently caress UP AND POST PICTURES

God drat this is such a genuinely good photo. I'd love to see nuke tests with those fancy RED cameras and poo poo, or space detonations with all the cool imagery we can do there nowadays.

So loving cool

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

:siren: nuclear lunch detected :siren:

Also it's not an explosion but here's that good 'ol demon core :q:

This however is an explosion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGhWB2px99g

Giddy up guys, let's run at an atomic detonation

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mike-o posted:

Inshallah :shrug:

More like inshalllahahahahwiiiiipeout

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2-YxWkRxk

Fire makes it clean! Speaking of, a while ago I learned about the CBU-55 and how it was a propane fueled incendiary and man now I want to see one of those go off

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mike-o posted:

man that dude is booking it....to where i don't know because all i see is loving desert.

Edit:

Who needs dudes on foot to protect a big rear end tank? That's why it's armored!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4RYc5yYvh4

Beeb fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 25, 2016

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Wikkheiser posted:

Does beanie dude have a second rifle slung behind his back?

*click*

"poo poo! Mag's empty!"

*loving THROWS rifle away, reaches for second rifle*

Dude is big into Reaper cosplay

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Phil Moscowitz posted:

What is that handgun mustache lover is sporting? Glock of some kind, but what's the magazine base?

ALG Defense mag well judging by the white writing on it:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Terrible Robot posted:

Fire-bomber pilots are loving insane. Essentially barnstorming in a retired freighter with gently caress knows how many hours on it. :swoon:

Especially when poo poo like this can happen because whoopsie turns out your government surplus plane was used in some hush hush business so the actual hours on the air frame are wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n06WNSS4tFs

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

That bullshit red clay garbage might as well be cement :rip:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mike-o posted:

And then you also have to live in a state that allows full auto.

And then on top of all that I forget what it's called but there's some laws about importation of firearms and whether or not they pass the "sporting arms purpose" test, which is an arbitrary number of cosmetic features. I'm a bit rusty in this so someone correct me if need be.

922(r). It's 100% bullshit garbage that won't go away due to...

Proud Christian Mom posted:

We're never going to dump the MG ban either because the NRA aside from from being composed of racist shitheads is also full of people with huge investments in MG parts. Also, pearl clutching over blue lives matter.

The NRA and crusty old members that get wound up over guns that hold more than two bullets and have plastic furniture.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

:v:

also I think this is the same dingus that threatened to shoot the president on his youtube channel, got his CCW revoked because of this, threw a hissy fit, and somehow got it reinstated :confused:

Anyway I've been using high temp high pressure wheel bearing grease on my guns to pretty good effect. Granted I'm not in a super dusty environment or anything but I just give the grease points a little dab or two and I haven't had them gum up on me.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

Not the president, just innocent people. He also lied about having a Tennessee Department Of Safety Certified Firearms Instructor certificate (which doesn't exist).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNhsJLEEZ54

Oh word, I thought it was the president. Still pretty dumb of him though, sheesh.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

The Ruger Vaquero had its detents for rotating the cylinder very slightly off from the loading gate, so you needed to hold the cylinder in the right position to eject casings and load new rounds.

How in the poo poo :psyduck:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

I have video on my computer. I needed to use my fingers to hold the cylinder in the right spot while holding the gun because otherwise I couldn't eject casings.

That sounds like a shot cylinder bolt, which is a pretty easy repair, but holy moly that's something alright

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

About $200 or so, yeah. LAW tubes go for a little less. People have cobbled together $5 worth of scrap to make a gun and gamed the gently caress out of these bullshit buybacks and parked outside offering people actual cash value for their firearms.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

All that's missing is a pan into a room with a busted up TV with Mission Accomplished.jpg on it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Might be a long shot, but do any of you have that pic of a Russian sitting at an apartment window with a grenade launcher on a bipod that was making the rounds when Crimea was happening?

This gizmo. I can see it pretty clearly in my memory but gently caress if I can find an actual picture hosted anywhere.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Speaking of tanks, I'm trying to dig up some recent-ish footage or documentation of folks knocking out armor with fuel soaked carpet or some other similar material. I want to say this was happening when Libya started popping off, but maybe it was in Syria? The bundle would get crammed into the top rear of the track and be ignited, disabling the tank or at least forcing it to stop and the crew to bail out.

I've asked a tank smart buddy if this is even feasible and he tells me it sure is, especially if the tank has gently caress all infantry support to keep people from running up on the thing and doing whatever they please, but I can't actually find examples of this happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

This is a fairly old tactic, the Soviets did this with Molotovs against Tigers, dropping them on the engine deck and forcing the crew to evacuate the tank.

https://youtu.be/Gyv7VTXvAfw

Basically, its a known weakness of tanks. If they get around your sides or rear, you are probably dead. Its why tanks are terrible in urban environments.

Yep, people just refuse to believe that fire is Bad for tanks for some reason.

This too. I don't know why people think tanks are some unstoppable killmachine, ever since they came about it seems if you catch one without anyone looking out for it they're loving doomed.