Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

is the hellfire the only thing that they make this vaunted frag sleeve for?

:dong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I bet they tried it on TOWS but found out it makes them fly off into space or some poo poo.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

The final solution to the brony question.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
They had a drat good ambush point covered on both sides. Those dudes were hosed.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Phanatic posted:

I don't think they were hosed until the one guy broke his ride going over a bump and then got rear-ended by the other guy.

It looked like it might have been dug out to make that happen. The rear ending was more of a bonus.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

It's removed. :(

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

BaconAndBullets posted:

ATGM Homie got a 5th strike from the same shooting position as the first three at dismounted Syrian soldiers along the same wall

:wtc:

Learning is for suckers.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Those rocketsmissiles are damned effective.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
http://iscaliforniaonfire.com

we win

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I would cover that poo poo in glass and have it be a bad rear end backyard feature/tomb.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Someone needs to get Yeager to help make another air combat sim.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

MikeCrotch posted:

Isn't that the film where he got his head lit on fire trying to stand an F-104 on its tail and walk away?

How did that get downplayed?

Some poo poo he did ;

Helped French resistance make bombs after he was shot down.
Shot down 5 planes in 1 flight, 2 of the kills from causing the planes to fly into each other.
Shot down an ME 262.
Broke the sound barrier with 2 broken ribs.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
but in the movies the bombs always whistle!!! obviously fake video.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

VikingSkull posted:

German Starfighters and The Right Stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1gUnXFb9yM

e- bonus track, everyone's favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGfXjAQSi8E

It's cool how that plane turned into the U-2. From fast as gently caress to high as gently caress.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It was a nice concept of a light tank. But it was pretty poo poo ya.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I got to see one of those up close on the ground at an air show right after desert storm. Ugly as gently caress but drat it was effective.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

VikingSkull posted:

this might be limited to just hard core sports fans but

Mike & the Mad Dog, 1943

The dude on the left does a pretty good old style radio voice.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

VikingSkull posted:

why do you think they send them in one by one?

e- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlp3jI7y7R8 20 minutes of the recent ISIS attack in Kirkuk

I'm the guy closing his eyes every time I shoot @ 10min

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Navy toilets don't have tanks.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Mufph mouphf

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Reverand maynard posted:

Also bullets go through car doors right? I thought the only good cover was the engine block.

Also I want someone to do that in a moving car and get their skull smashed in by the door.

Think about how easy it is to get your car damaged by someone hitting it at 5mph. Now think about a small bit of metal flying at supersonic speed hitting it. When they show bullets not killing people in cars on TV/movies, it's only because its hollywood.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It's all good they have those special ~operator~ helmets.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I think that 'tank commander ejection' was actually just his skin. Or that was another one from Libya.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

chitoryu12 posted:

Chechen militants got into a gunfight with police in Grozny after running over a cop and hitting a checkpoint. One of the officers has an interesting way of trying to shoot them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oshk1xTdsR8

He did a good job trying to dig up the road.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Ah yes just what the world needs. Self guided cluster bombs.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Deathy McDeath posted:

:stare:

What do those things do besides sound incredibly unsettling?

Looks like a proof of concept testing. I would assume they could have cameras and bombs and whatever else installed on them.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That rate of fire sounds a little more like an MG42

Which is what the mg3 is based off.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Booblord Zagats posted:

What is it with bald dudes and goatees?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Some dude "supposedly" streamed to YouTube from North Korea via GoPro or some poo poo. In that he uploaded pre-recorded footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3BhSuH6DLY

It is eerie though, that the whole thing is just a Hollywood set piece

It looks like a copy of tiananmen square. The only thing really missing is the flagpoles.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mr-Spain posted:

There is an amazing series of books called "D Day Through German Eyes" which go over about 20 individual German POWs that goes from about 24 hours before to up to when they get captured, with a separate story for each one.

https://www.amazon.com/DAY-Through-...ugh+german+eyes

It's pretty amazing just how fast some areas of the beach got secured. Guys in the tobruks going 'hey wtf we are already surrounded and HOLY gently caress WHITE PHOS GRENADE!'

Scary fucken poo poo.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Phil Moscowitz posted:

holy poo poo

e. watching it all the way I would have thought it would do more damage, but I guess TOW isn't ideal for anti-personnel?

They are made to penetrate tanks, so no. Purpose made anti-personel stuff is made to blow up and make fragments of whatever not bore a hole into armor.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Guys this ones a no shitter.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Why shoot them one at a time with a sniper rifle when you can just use a TOW!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Fake!

If you have time to yell about it you already know it's a dud.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This is supposedly the aftermath of the MOAB hit.

It's parts of :stare: and parts of :flaccid:, but I'm assuming it did what it was supposed to do by eradicating the little settlement and loving up everyone and everything in the cave, since it looks like it was pretty close to the entrance.

https://www.dvidshub.net/video/521296/site-gbu-43-b-nangarhar-afghanistan

Maybe it's because I've never been there but um.. it looks just like every other video/picture I've seen of afgan.

Rubble and tan colored poo poo everywhere.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I thought HGH was the cool new thing kids did these days.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
In Navy boot about 90% of the black guys had to get basic swimming lessons to pass 3rd class swimmer. They just never had any time out swimming when they grew up.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Both sides of what? Seems like the absence of black dudes in SF is a thing? There were very rarely black nukes too. I think our class had 5 out of 300 people or so which was pretty light. That our crew had two black nukes was pretty atypical as far as I'm aware too

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with either recruitment rates from black majority urban areas or broader economic characteristics. I met way more people from the country side than major cities while I was in.

On my entire boat we had 7 black guys. a striker, an E-4 IC, a cook E-4 MS, 1 E-7 ICC, E-4 YM, E-7 YMC, and Lead ELT was an E-6. That is out of about 120-130 total crew.

Black guys just didn't go for subs I think. Too smart for that dumb bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I wonder if the dude who was blown out of the bmp was alive and alert enough to enjoy the flight into the air.