Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

torgeaux posted:

NAH, the cocktail would take a bit to cook one off. It would only probably kill the thrower.

Wouldn't they have to have their fuses installed for a Molotov to do anything more than turn when mines into a large bonfire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Caconym posted:

May I present the MLC-70 ferry.
A standard bridgelayer lays its bridge across a set of motorized pontoons, and presto.

I'm sure that works, and there's probably doctrine supporting that, but holy gently caress is that sketchy. I'm getting forklift lifting a forklift that's lifting a full pallet vibes.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

This kills the krab.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

monkeytennis posted:

Took me a while to realise there’s a guy sat on it. Jesus Christ lol.

For 30 seconds no one in the world was having more fun than that one guy.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Wouldn't Schweinfurt have been a better example of you were absolutely committed to using a WWII example?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ded posted:

at least they called it a screw and not a prop

There's a non zero chance the entire structure is a prop.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

There's a non-zero chance that tiktok has already been OSINT'ed.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Madurai posted:

I can't make out what kind of weapon these interceptor drones are using. A net? Some kind of plastic buckshot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwHunj46Ko0

Metal or polymer streamers to foul the propellers of the target uav. it's light weight but high tensile strength so it won't immediately harm anything it falls on.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Oysters Autobio posted:

Sorry the more important question is: can we talk about this patch?

Turn it into solid color line art and Id unironically love it

Edit: give the chameleon cartoon angry eyebrows and it's perfect

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

evil_bunnY posted:

yeah that patch is *so* close to greatness

I prototyped the basic idea using AI (AI is not a replacement for creative effort) and the results are nearly everything I hoped they could be.

Basic idea but boring.

He homgry! I love the little fork.

There's a good bit of AI abominationing going on here, but the basic idea, I love it so much. Look at how angry at that drone he is! There should be more ratfink inspired unit patches.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Tyro posted:

What app did you use for that? I tried making some patch drafts recently with an AI tool and they didn't look nearly that good.

I used bing image creator. It's got a lot of restrictions but the training data is positively enormous. And probably illegal.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Oysters Autobio posted:

Those are great! What are your prompts for the art style?

The art style was "military unit patch" and "cartoon chameleon"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It's not like I was planning on living forever, anyhow.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

My retirement plan is dying on the job, anyhow. this is a step up.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Blue Footed Booby posted:

^^^ edit: well that's an answer lol

From those of you with training/experience, what are the chances those hits have seriously hosed up the tank's optics? That is, if the bushmaster jammed, how likely the tank would be blind for shooty purposes?

Pretty damned high. every spark you see in that footage is a piece of white hot jagged metal flying very quickly, and that stuff doesn't tend to play nice with delicate things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

pmchem posted:

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1779307659872645623

Do we think this is real? Never seen videos like that before

Does Iran have exoatmospheric ballistic missiles? Yes.
Are they believed to be capable? Yes.
Does Israel have anti-ballistic missiles believed to be capable of intercepting ballistic missiles? Yes.
Are they proven to be capable? Yes.
Does an explosion in space look like a rapidly expanding ball of glowing gas that is way less dramatic than what the movies would have you believe? Yes.

All of that doesn't mean the footage is real, but there's nothing tripping my bullshit alarms right now.