Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

obstipator posted:

first page of the cj thread!!!

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

what about at the state level system, where i assume most of the affected are located?

you're right but the state level system wouldn't be able to work the way it does without the massive amount of funding, logistics, and support of the federal government. they'd just never make enough money for the war on drugs to continue to be profitable busting street level dealers and addicts which is pretty much all they would be able to do without federal support.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Al! posted:

you're right but the state level system wouldn't be able to work the way it does without the massive amount of funding, logistics, and support of the federal government. they'd just never make enough money for the war on drugs to continue to be profitable busting street level dealers and addicts which is pretty much all they would be able to do without federal support.

got it, makes sense

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

sure let me use really expensive parmesan on my store brand angel hair and store brand jarred sauce, that's really the weak point of this dish

store brand pasta and sauce is generally pretty good. especially the sauce

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I hope Bernie rolls out a plan like in Portugal or Netherlands where we treat addicts, not punish them

also decriminalize all drugs

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

:agreed: except i just call them "noodles"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I should also point out that the only reason recreational weed exists in Oregon, Washington and Colorado is that Obama is choosing to selectively not enforce federal drug laws there. if we had elected a republican or Hillary 8 years ago the federal government would have ignored state legalization and burned growers fields and taken their homes

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

I hope Bernie rolls out a plan like in Portugal or Netherlands where we treat addicts, not punish them

Rich suburbs are working on this

Because if it happens to white people they aren't criminals

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Al! posted:

this is dumb as gently caress cuz the continued prosecution and federal support for the war on drugs is the thing that is causing mass incarceration, and is something the executive has immense power to help or hinder

not really. at best he could try to decriminalize things but that doesn't work and local cops are gonna continue putting people in jail for trivial offenses.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Tusen Takk posted:

you know that's not what the president does right

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Al! posted:

I should also point out that the only reason recreational weed exists in Oregon, Washington and Colorado is that Obama is choosing to selectively not enforce federal drug laws there. if we had elected a republican or Hillary 8 years ago the federal government would have ignored state legalization and burned growers fields and taken their homes

local cops still ignore it and arrest people when they need the income.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also Obama not enforcing drug laws has been worse for incarceration because all it means is white kids get weed while black kids get jail.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the correct way to handle drug laws is to enforce them heavily on legislators, their donors, celebrities, and the press.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Shaggar posted:

i like most store brand things, wegmans knows what good food is

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I should point out that shaggar has no idea what he's talking about even though I don't want to engage him directly but I've studied the war on drugs both as a hobby and professionally

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Why is it so hard for people in this thread to not talk about their sex lives or what they whack it to?

You're gross. No one wants to hear about your private time.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Al! posted:

I should point out that shaggar has no idea what he's talking about even though I don't want to engage him directly but I've studied the war on drugs both as a hobby and professionally

apparently not cause you still support decriminalization

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
when someone says "I support decriminalization" you have to remember the implicit "for white people" that comes after it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Citizen Tayne posted:

Why is it so hard for people in this thread to not talk about their sex lives or what they whack it to?

i thought it was a funny post. shame it got the thread gassed :(

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Shaggar posted:

apparently not cause you still support decriminalization

I ride my bicycle go my weed/cilantro dealer

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Citizen Tayne posted:

Lady in the gym - m4w (Vanc WA)
I think you're new to the gym scene. I've only seen you there a couple time and today you made my Heart pound. When you walked by my machine you commented on the workout the group was doing.
Later we locked eyes a couple of times along with smiles, my heart pounding yet again. When my class was over you were on the treadmill I didn't walk past you this time but now wishing I would have to catch you smiling at me one more time today. If you're

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

show us more bathroom pictures

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

when someone says "I support decriminalization" you have to remember the implicit "for white people" that comes after it

there have been a ton of articles recently about the heroin epidemic among white people. it's really depressing to see it in action

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

prefect posted:

there have been a ton of articles recently about the heroin epidemic among white people. it's really depressing to see it in action

i'm told it's because doctors and the dea are cracking down on narcotic prescriptions so they turn to heroin

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh yeah that's real great too cause heroin is only a problem now that white people know about it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i'm told it's because doctors and the dea are cracking down on narcotic prescriptions so they turn to heroin

at least that's what tcc tells me

Apr 7, 2003

show us more bathroom pictures

My bathroom is nice and clean. You seem really mad lately.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i read that because weed legalization is happening, the sinister drug lords have switched to heroin, so supply of that has increased

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

prefect posted:

i read that because weed legalization is happening, the sinister drug lords have switched to heroin, so supply of that has increased

now they'll start putting heroin in weed to get our poor innocent white kids addicted

Apr 7, 2003

Middle aged white people are drinking and drugging themselves into oblivion at unprecedented rates.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/11/13/yes-death-rates-for-middle-aged-whites-are-rising-but-why

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Citizen Tayne posted:

Middle aged white people are drinking and drugging themselves into oblivion at unprecedented rates.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/11/13/yes-death-rates-for-middle-aged-whites-are-rising-but-why

lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

you know that's not what the president does right

I mean in a figurative sense

he could get the ball rolling

and hopefully more people vote in the midterm elections

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fire a catapult full of spaghetti right into the weed

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Foo posted:

fire a catapult full of spaghetti right into the weed

fire a catapult full of spaghetti out of a trebuchet, or maybe a ballista

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
cls: went to san diego zoooo
panda:

allens swamp monkey:

superb bird of paradise:

aaaaand that last bird is called the cock-of-the-rock

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Tusen Takk posted:

I mean in a figurative sense

he could get the ball rolling

and hopefully more people vote in the midterm elections

hillary has done way more to help downticket democratic candidates than bernie :eng101:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

kwinkles posted:

cls: went to san diego zoooo
panda:

allens swamp monkey:

superb bird of paradise:

aaaaand that last bird is called the cock-of-the-rock

the monkey is awesome, but the bird of paradise looks like a crow. maybe my eyes are just really bad

also, i initially read that as "alien swamp monkey"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hillary has done way more to help downticket democratic candidates than bernie :eng101:
is that mostly because she's been in a better position to do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Hillary would make an excellent president.

• Locked thread