Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
In this interview, he seems kind of all over the place in general. He's been really into djent (sorry for the label, buddy) and implies that's the direction he wants his own sound to be going, but also said that he hasn't been practicing at all and his skills have been deteriorating, which is weird for a subgenre that's been more associated with guitar virtuosity than anything since the Yngwie Malmsteen shred fad. He's been laser-focused on loving around with his Axe FX units and not doing anything productive, and then he sounds burnt out on the idea of chasing that tone he was going for in general. Overall, he's just coming across as really depressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Cubey posted:

I assume it's a small nod to people who have actually heard the Team Sleep song and not just them throwing the song onto the album.
With the Crosses album being someone basically running cp EP1/*.mp3 EP2/*.mp3 EP3/*.mp3 SelfTitled/, I wouldn't count it out

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

I do remember being really surprised at how big Chino got when I last saw them live. Has he being taking care of himself?
Chino's been up and down in weight like Oprah. He was a skinny kid in the '90s, he gained a lot of weight around Saturday Night Wrist, and lost a bunch in the run up to Koi No Yokan. You can't pay too much attention.

• Locked thread