Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Nevvy Z posted:

Mincome.

Agreed. a minimum guaranteed income for everybody would basically solve so many problems. No more people being unsure about if they'd qualify for the help, No worrying that if you get a job you suddenly no longer have that help, and of course, no longer having to worry that if you get fired you're basically on the streets.

Sadly it'll never happen because COMMUNISM :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
I suppose you could try and word it properly. I mean with a GMI you might not need to have a minimum wage quite so high, so if you could use that as a leading point. Also it removes welfare aside from said GMI, and *everyone* gets it, including the rich fucks who basically use $100s as toilet paper.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Talmonis posted:

With addicts, which many thousands if not a few million Americans are, I can see that being a problem.

But assisted living sounds like a solution. Even if it's not exactly a shiny, happy one.

While I agree that nobody should die because of a stupid decision with money, if you're talking about people who refuse to buy food and pay rent then nothing short of incarceration and forced feeding is going to do jack poo poo. Drug addiction is covered via mental illness and would result in them being taken someplace safe to ensure they get off the stuff as well as get a hand rebuilding their life.

It's not a perfect solution, but there's never a perfect one. This seems like it might be the best until we reach a post scarcity society. Which probably will never actually happen. :v:

• Locked thread