Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

senrath posted:

It's a mix of both, actually. The items that drop are a combination of her items and yours, and she'll even gloat if she manages to grab more stuff that drops than you do for this reason.

As the game goes on she upgrades from a broom to a vacuum to a UFO and I think it's explicitly tied to how much she's taken from you, so if you're always faster than she is and come out ahead, she'll be stuck with the broom forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Highwang posted:

Ravio just shoves your bed in the loving corner and upturns it. How does he sleep?

Notice also that before, there were some pots on the shelf. They're gone now.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.
Okay, who let Vyse pick the names?

(Had this in mind when Thorn first changed the name. Once I saw Akogare's, I couldn't not do it.)

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

If you ever do go back to the challenges in TFH, you should know that the time challenges are a lot harder than any of the other ones. The non-time challenges are significantly more manageable.

Akogare Zephyr
Apr 29, 2013

NullBlack posted:

Okay, who let Vyse pick the names?

(Had this in mind when Thorn first changed the name. Once I saw Akogare's, I couldn't not do it.)

By golly, everything about this is great! Those expressions are ace dude.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the last of our backlog so far. We're going to try to record more before next week, but just a heads up in case of delays.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 17, 2016

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
The sound keeps cutting out on the first Tri-force heroes video.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Failed attempt to remove the copyright-claimed audio. It didn't take, so it should be fine now stuck like that for a month because YouTube is run by shitstains actually fixed now.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 17, 2016

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The rupee and heart paintings are probably just the minions committing acts of vandalism, not realizing that the magic bracelet Ravio gave us can convert them into actual money/health.

ThornBrain posted:

Failed attempt to remove the copyright-claimed audio. It didn't take, so it should be fine now stuck like that for a month because YouTube is run by shitstains.

If you need to, don't be afraid to put TFH on hiatus until this poo poo gets sorted out. We'll understand only having LBW for the time being because of Youtube's BS.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 17, 2016

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Chimera-gui posted:

If you need to, don't be afraid to put TFH on hiatus until this poo poo gets sorted out. We'll understand only having LBW for the time being because of Youtube's BS.

Eh, it's not the kind of problem delaying the LP is worth. Thankfully YT gives the option of copying the original video, so I've fixed all of the links to that one and deleted the original:

It's a farfetched dream, but Travis and I want TSN to be successful enough someday that we can do it full-time, and not just me with my patreon supporters. Nintendo content ID matching all of our videos of their games, and rejecting all of our disputes, makes that tougher.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
If I'm remembering correctly, that's pretty much Nintendo's modus operandi for every YouTube video of their games at this point, unfortunately.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
It's something along the lines of "have an approved Nintendo-only channel and you can probably monetize it" last time I read anything about it.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Cheez posted:

It's something along the lines of "have an approved Nintendo-only channel and you can probably monetize it" last time I read anything about it.

And the revenue split is 75/25. Which is horrid.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Yoshi and I, and later Highwang, have recorded the next six parts of ALBW, including this week's. We're also going to try to record more TFH one of these days he has off from work.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rupee Rush is easy. It gets off-kilter if you grab the meemai (so don't go for it and the top reward at the same time) but the music itself is the timer. Two loops of the track is exactly the time limit.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Shortest dungeon, if not video, of ALBW. Easy but fun, and it more or less fixes a bullshit boss from ALttP.

Speaking of which, today is TheStrawhatNO's sixth birthday, and depending on Yoshi's availability we'll either be recording more TFH, or Highwang and I will stream ALttP as an extra for this thread. I'll post here and the streaming thread if we do the latter.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Giant moldorm was in the Tower of Hera back in LttP too, not the Eastern Palace (that was the six giant armos that danced).

So when you say "fixed", does that mean that if you fall down a level here, the boss keeps his health? Because that was the one thing that made him super lovely in LttP. If you got bumped off an edge, you had to start the whole fight over. Sure, they put 14 heart pots at the level below so you could go back in with full health too, but it still made it needlessly tedious.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

They managed to slip in some nice bits where you can play it straight or use new mechanics to make it easier. The flying tiles, in LttP they'd need you to find a corner and rapid-swing but now you can use your shield. And the bit just after it with the bumpers and switches to hit? You can merge with the wall and just go around the outside hitting them without navigating the bouncy enemies.

E: also, this game deserves a nod for its use of 3D. It's the same switch on the system, but different games handle the 3D differently. Fire Emblem for example takes a MAJOR image quality drop when you turn it on, and it's got a narrow sweet-spot that can result in double images. LBW makes good use of verticality to have some large shifts in 3D depth, does it in a way that makes it easy to keep the 3D focus (I wish I knew he technical aspects for why they could do this but FE had problems), and designed their graphics so that there's not a noticable quality difference between 2- and 3D.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 13, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

quote is not edit. First time I get to say that! :toot:

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 13, 2016

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
Just got around to watching episode 6, and actually Thorn, those salamander-self-stoning-little-bastards aren't really "new", they were in the original game. I just don't remember if the way to kill them was "stone them then hammer them" (not sure if you even could kill them, to be honest, never tried that combo.) But new for the purposes of we've not seen them before now, yeah, let's go with that. :)

Edit: and after video 7 - the Moldorm boss was in the Tower of Hera as well, in the original game. And we hated the fucker, because he was a random son of a bitch. :argh:

SorataYuy fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 13, 2016

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

SorataYuy posted:

Just got around to watching episode 6, and actually Thorn, those salamander-self-stoning-little-bastards aren't really "new", they were in the original game. I just don't remember if the way to kill them was "stone them then hammer them" (not sure if you even could kill them, to be honest, never tried that combo.) But new for the purposes of we've not seen them before now, yeah, let's go with that. :)

I looked it up and they are called Deadrocks.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

If you hit them they turned to stone and there was nothing more you could do with them, they'd just stay like that until you left the screen. It was a very strange enemy, and I wonder if that was its intended behaviour.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Felinoid posted:

So when you say "fixed", does that mean that if you fall down a level here, the boss keeps his health? Because that was the one thing that made him super lovely in LttP. If you got bumped off an edge, you had to start the whole fight over. Sure, they put 14 heart pots at the level below so you could go back in with full health too, but it still made it needlessly tedious.

That was one of the first things he says in the video at the start of the boss fight.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

whitehelm posted:

That was one of the first things he says in the video at the start of the boss fight.

I appear to have missed that thanks to laughing at the burger talk. :shobon:

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
The laughing "springs" are in LttP as well. They're found only in Dark World dungeons and, if I recall correctly, they are called "moles." They don't pop back up after being smashed in LttP.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week's part of TFH would have been combined with next week's, but Vegas kept choking every time I rendered it. I fixed it by moving back to a version that isn't poo poo, but for this and next week we'll only be doing one stage each.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

"I really hope [Link Between Worlds] shows up at SGDQ"

Good news! It already has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIGxfIHf2mE

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 20, 2016

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
The next zelda game will have Kowrule and 101 superheroes running through it

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
The overworld theme does change after getting the Master Sword. This is the regular version, and this is the new one.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Highwang and I will be streaming some Link to the Past as an extra for this thread at 7:30PM Pacific, roughly twenty minutes from me posting this.

All done. For now.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 27, 2016

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Regarding Yoshi's comment about a Lorule version of every Zelda area, I've got this pet theory that Termina in Majora's Mask is actually a different region of Lorule's world. I doubt anyone at Nintendo has really given it that much thought, but it's fairly easy to draw a parallel (heh) there.

No, this has nothing to do with Majora's Mask hanging on Link's wall in ALBW, why do you ask?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Mumbo jumbo, mumbo jumbo...

Along with these two LPs, Highwang is hosting casual streams of A Link to the Past with myself and JigglyJacob as extras for the thread, to show some of the differences between it and ALBW.
So casual, I can't even set my mic gain properly!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

KieranWalker posted:

Regarding Yoshi's comment about a Lorule version of every Zelda area, I've got this pet theory that Termina in Majora's Mask is actually a different region of Lorule's world. I doubt anyone at Nintendo has really given it that much thought, but it's fairly easy to draw a parallel (heh) there.

No, this has nothing to do with Majora's Mask hanging on Link's wall in ALBW, why do you ask?

I just assumed that was a cheeky reference to the then in development Majora's Mask 3DS, but as far as Zelda fan theories go its not bad at all.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Look at this guy who doesn't even know the difference between bubbles and anti-fairies!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Oh god Hinox Mines. There's a particular Drabland challenge that is just horribly difficult to do there (Don't Break the Balloons), especially considering it's just the third world.

It was one of the last ones I finished and it's a nightmare trying it online with random people. Some groups can't even make it past the first room before getting a game over.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
By the way, if you guys want anymore Tri Force Heroes videos to watch, I've done two previous streams of it, first for the original demo, and second for Extra Life 2015:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Double post ahoihoi but Highwang and I are streaming more of A Link to the Past right now: http://hitbox.tv/highwang

And the game is now complete. Parts will go up every other weekday.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

• Locked thread