Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shei-kun posted:

Why is there a man rabbit thing in your house, TacoBob?

And why aren't you charging him rent?

Have you SEEN the weapons this guy carries around? You don't kick a porcupine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

You didn't know about the multiplier for Rupee Rush? Man, I'm not sure how you get the heart containers without it.

Since you don't have an on-screen timer, there's one other trick: listen to the music, One loop is 15 seconds. Once you learn that it's a great source of easy rupees.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rupee Rush is easy. It gets off-kilter if you grab the meemai (so don't go for it and the top reward at the same time) but the music itself is the timer. Two loops of the track is exactly the time limit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

They managed to slip in some nice bits where you can play it straight or use new mechanics to make it easier. The flying tiles, in LttP they'd need you to find a corner and rapid-swing but now you can use your shield. And the bit just after it with the bumpers and switches to hit? You can merge with the wall and just go around the outside hitting them without navigating the bouncy enemies.

E: also, this game deserves a nod for its use of 3D. It's the same switch on the system, but different games handle the 3D differently. Fire Emblem for example takes a MAJOR image quality drop when you turn it on, and it's got a narrow sweet-spot that can result in double images. LBW makes good use of verticality to have some large shifts in 3D depth, does it in a way that makes it easy to keep the 3D focus (I wish I knew he technical aspects for why they could do this but FE had problems), and designed their graphics so that there's not a noticable quality difference between 2- and 3D.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 13, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

quote is not edit. First time I get to say that! :toot:

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 13, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm pretty sure the dungeon in the woods doesn't need an item either.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

You can start buying items as soon as you reach Lorule

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

So what's in the chest we saw for a second at 6:44 in LBW? I don't think you went back for it?

One of those has the compass, the other has 100 rupees, but to get the rupees you need to drop through another hole and then backtrack through that dark maze-ish bit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

Also seeing the Ice Palace again makes me curious about Link Between Worlds version of that dungeon.

It's annoying, but the upgraded Fire Rod is awesome so that compensates.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kurieg posted:

Please thorn, you have 40 Maimai's, upgrade some gear already.

But once he upgrades the fire rod, why use anything else?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If you have the upgraded fire rod in your active slots, you use it instead of a stick for the baseball. Donno if the normal fire rod does that too, because it's my first upgrade every time.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The fire fuckers are lynels. Showed up in classiz Zelda as

E: and the heart piece is accessed from the dark world mines. Same part of them as the light world heart piece by the springs.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 4, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I've beaten the game on hero mode multiple times, and IMO it's simply not worth it. Enemies at the start of the game 2-shot you. Grab every heart piece, beeline the water temple's armor, get the best weapon upgrades and play as conservatively as possible. There's simply no room for screwing around. You can't brave the damaging enemies on the mountain to hit the ice palace first for shits and giggles, nothing like that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Shei-kun posted:

Truly, we need a hero of the ages. A hero who can defeat giants.

We need Don Quixote and his trusty steed Rocinante.

Quixote and his faithful companion Panza.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rupee Rush gives x2 if within 3 seconds, and x3 if within one second. If you use the music it's very easy to make rupees from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Or the Lorule Triforce is courage, power and wisdom as well, but it was destroyed so they didn't have those.

• Locked thread