Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

RasterPunk posted:

Zelda has become pretty far removed from itself along with most other Nintendo franchises; they're at the point of nothing more than famous names to bank off their success with new smaller ideas to ride the coattails. At the very least even if they are shells it's neat to see Nintendo experimenting with all kinds of styles. I could just imagine though what this game would be like if they treated it as its own game; to go full on with the style at a level of Grim Fandango or Guacamelee without any Zelda baggage.

It's something I've only seen developers like Looking Glass do; their consistency was based more around their engine rather than settings or characters; they made System Shock, then Thief with the same engine. They could do the same with Zelda.

I don't know. Link Between Worlds is very much a 2D Zelda game with a handful of changes as they usually do. TFH I can see where you're coming from but there were previous co-op Zelda games that are laid out fairly similarly, even if there's new, good mechanics.

I'd like to see Nintendo try a little more with some new IPs as well, and there's some hope for it with the success of Splatoon. As a large company though, they are a little resistant to the risks of new, untested ideas. We'll just have to wait and see what they do from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread