Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
-
(Click the box art to go to the respective post)

---The Thread and the LPs---
Yes, it's yet another thread from me with multiple LPs. I do LPs full-time; this is how it goes.
A Link Between Worlds is a straightforward, post-commentated, 100% LP in my usual style. Tri Force Heroes, however, is a blind, co-op LP with myself, Mugiwara Yoshi and BigTUnit1 getting each other killed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(By Loziclo, Twitter)

(By Akogare Zephyr)

(By NullBlack)

(By XelEsparza)

(By ChibiWisdom)

(By peachteadreams)

Tri Force Heroes backgrounds

(By NullBlack)

(By Akogare Zephyr)

(By mischievousart)

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

--The Game--
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is A Link to the Past remade and reimagined in both the 2nd and 3rd dimensions. The game feels like an experiment to see how the classic Zelda formula can be rebuilt or can uphold itself - the player can merge into walls to explore the world and solve puzzles in a new and unique way, the dungeons are smartly designed with little to no guff, the player has the ability to rent all of the dungeon items and weapons from the second dungeon-on, and the music is ALttP's soundtrack that has been gorgeously re-orchestrated. The story however is comparitively threadbare, coming across more as going through the motions than a new take on the classic Zelda plot. Overall the game is relatively short, but it's excellently designed.

The story is such:
TacoBob is a young apprentice blacksmith who finds himself pulled into the grand evil plot of the villainous, campy artist Yuga. Yuga is capturing the descendants of Hyrule's sages, imprisoning them in paintings, and putting them on display in the bowels of Hyrule and its dark, crumbling mirror world Lorule. TacoBob must brave the temples to rescue the sages' descendants and save the world from Yuga, all while meeting a colorful cast of characters ranging from a purple bunny man to a purple Zelda. Get painting, TacoBob!

--The LP--
This is a 100% LP, wherein I will collect everything that isn't nailed to the floor. Every collectable, every treasure chest, every upgrade. Everything except those making GBS threads Streetpass medals because I'm a bitch hermit. And the maximum cuckoo thing.
All footage is captured directly from the 3DS at 60fps. My co-commentators alternate between BigTUnit1, Mugiwara Yoshi and Highwang.

Highwang also contributed a casual livestream of A Link to the Past to the thread, accessible at the bottom of the page below the main LP videos. Myself and occasionally JigglyJacob co-commentate, and parts 8-14 include the chat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Played and hosted by Highwang, with me and JigglyJacob (Parts 1-7)

(By Loziclo, Twitter)

(By XelEsparza)

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 30, 2016

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

--The Game--
What do you do when you've got a whole game's worth of art assets, people clamoring for a new game, and the need to add another to the pile of online multiplayer games on the market? You make Tri Force Heroes! Built on the A Link Between Worlds engine and devised as the successor to the Four Swords games, Tri Force Heroes has you play with two friends as you explore the wacky, clothing-obsessed kingdom of Hytopia. Solve devious puzzles, get each other killed every other level, gather materials to make fabulous costumes and dresses, and maybe someday you'll be able to afford that cheerleader outfit.

The story is such:
Hytopia is a kingdom obsessed with fashion, and its princess Styla is the most fashionable of all. So of course an evil witch curses Styla to wear a dumpy brown body stocking for all eternity.
TacoBob, fresh from saving the world in A Link Between Worlds and shopping at Stupid T-Shirts 'R' Us, wanders into Hytopia. There he finds that King Tuft is calling for adventurers to brave the Drablands, fight the evil witch, and save his daughter from the horrors of tackiness. But he's gonna need a couple friends to it...

--The LP--
This is a live-commentated, co-op LP between myself, Mugiwara Yoshi and BigTUnit1 (with Xel Esparza filling in for Yoshi in a couple parts, or Renose, Torlon, RebelliousPawn, or Delish and a few online randos for livestreams). All game footage is recorded from my end, but I make sure to show the guys' perspectives when necessary. Large segments in Hytopia are separated from the main game in case viewers are like me and would rather skip the incessant dialogue and get down to the actual gameplay. Every update will have progress; the fun of live co-op LPs is the ways we gently caress each other over, but no update will go by without at least 1-2 levels completed.
This is not a 100% LP, but we endeavor to show off and purchase as much as possible.

:siren:Viewer Interaction!:siren: - Player names can be changed at will. If you would like to suggest a name for us that fits within the character limit, feel free to mention them.
Also, the video does not move around like it does in A Link Between Worlds, so the background may include fanart that fits within a 1280x720 image. If you would like to contribute background art, feel free to post it in the thread and to base it around this transparent base.

Older TFH Live Streams

Carbon dioxide posted:

I found an accurate depiction of Yoshi, Travis and ThornBrain on the internet.

(By Akogare Zephyr)

(By NullBlack)

(By ChibiWisdom)

(By peachteadreams)

Backgrounds

(By NullBlack)

(By Akogare Zephyr)

(By mischievousart)

Horrors Drawn by Thorn During Live Streams

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 9, 2017

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Let's get this content-overloaded train a'rolling.

So if you skipped the above posts, here's the rundown of what's going down with these two LPs:
A Link Between Worlds will follow my usual LP style: informative and humorous commentary, with thorough gameplay where I collect 100% of everything that isn't nailed to the floor. Every collectable, every treasure chest, every upgrade. Everything. All footage is captured directly from the 3DS at 60fps. My co-commentator is BigTUnit1, though future commentators are possible, and there is a chance for the commentary to alternate between people.

Tri Force Heroes is a live-commentated, co-op LP between myself, Mugiwara Yoshi and BigTUnit1. All game footage is recorded from my end, but I make sure to show the guys' perspectives when necessary. Segments in Hytopia and in the Drablands are separated for each update, in case viewers are like me and would rather skip the incessant dialogue and get down to the actual gameplay.
It's not necessarily planned as a 100% LP, but we will endeavor to show off and purchase as much as possible - I will especially make sure to buy and show off every outfit in the game.

Both "Intro" parts encompass the opening cinematics, my intro and overview of the LPs, and much of the tutorial segments. For TFH it specifically covers everything up to before we enter the Drablands for the first time, so if you prefer, you can skip directly to Part 1-2 for Travis's treachery.

:siren:Spoiler Policy:siren:
Tag all spoilers! Anything we haven't seen or discussed yet, especially for Tri Force Heroes. ALBW was fully recorded before the LP began, but TFH is played blind by us three.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Didn't take long. We already got an adorable piece of fanart for this thread, this one from Lozzy on Twitter:

E: This reminds me of a couple things I forgot to mention for Tri Force Heroes:

1 - We're able to change our player names at any time. If you guys want us to change them to anything in particular (that fits within the character limit), we can start implementing them after update 5, since that's the last part we've recorded so far.

2 - TFH won't have the top and bottom screens moving around like A Link Between Worlds will, so I'm planning to start putting in unobtrusive black space filler, like so:

Thoughts? Opinions? Our friend Jacob is also drawing something 1280x720 to fit into that space of me and the guys as the trio of Links. I thought it would be fun for people to send in their own art to be put in the background for a couple parts each. Let me know what y'all think.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 18, 2016

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
For future reference for everyone: you're all nerds and losers. Acting like you're cooler or more knowledgeable than any other nerd or loser is a pointless exercise. It just emphasizes how we're all just different types of nerds and losers. Now go forth and never waste this much space in one of my or anyone else's threads again.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Sam Faust posted:

So I'm gonna take that as a strong maybe to showing off the coliseum.

:v:

I do have a solo video set up for Update 5, but I didn't do the coliseum in it. I'll keep it in mind for the next recording session. Having not gone into it, is it random connection only, or can I get revenge on Travis in it?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
:siren:Updates for All:siren:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week, some rabbit bastard steals TacoBob's house while the NO! trio put forward more of an effort not to kill each other.

Like I mentioned before, I'm going to start including backgrounds in TFH so that all of the empty black space doesn't get boring. NullBlack already contributed a pretty great one that I will include in the next parts.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week in ALBW, the first dungeon is a breeze yet TacoBob still somehow winds up splattered against a wall. Meanwhile in TFH, we fail dramatically at one of the freshly unlocked challenges for the Woodlands, so we move on to Riverside and try to drown each other.

Small addendum to my previous statement of ALBW being a 100% run: no Streetpass or max cuckoo thing. The former because no, and the latter because gently caress no.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Thanks, Travis.

If anyone has new name suggestions or background art for us, let us know soon. Next week is the last of our backlog, so we're gonna be recording more soon.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Some great TFH/Skies of Arcadia crossover pics from Akogare Zephyr:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This is the last of our backlog so far. We're going to try to record more before next week, but just a heads up in case of delays.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 17, 2016

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Failed attempt to remove the copyright-claimed audio. It didn't take, so it should be fine now stuck like that for a month because YouTube is run by shitstains actually fixed now.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 17, 2016

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Chimera-gui posted:

If you need to, don't be afraid to put TFH on hiatus until this poo poo gets sorted out. We'll understand only having LBW for the time being because of Youtube's BS.

Eh, it's not the kind of problem delaying the LP is worth. Thankfully YT gives the option of copying the original video, so I've fixed all of the links to that one and deleted the original:

It's a farfetched dream, but Travis and I want TSN to be successful enough someday that we can do it full-time, and not just me with my patreon supporters. Nintendo content ID matching all of our videos of their games, and rejecting all of our disputes, makes that tougher.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Yoshi and I, and later Highwang, have recorded the next six parts of ALBW, including this week's. We're also going to try to record more TFH one of these days he has off from work.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Shortest dungeon, if not video, of ALBW. Easy but fun, and it more or less fixes a bullshit boss from ALttP.

Speaking of which, today is TheStrawhatNO's sixth birthday, and depending on Yoshi's availability we'll either be recording more TFH, or Highwang and I will stream ALttP as an extra for this thread. I'll post here and the streaming thread if we do the latter.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This week's part of TFH would have been combined with next week's, but Vegas kept choking every time I rendered it. I fixed it by moving back to a version that isn't poo poo, but for this and next week we'll only be doing one stage each.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Highwang and I will be streaming some Link to the Past as an extra for this thread at 7:30PM Pacific, roughly twenty minutes from me posting this.

All done. For now.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 27, 2016

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Mumbo jumbo, mumbo jumbo...

Along with these two LPs, Highwang is hosting casual streams of A Link to the Past with myself and JigglyJacob as extras for the thread, to show some of the differences between it and ALBW.
So casual, I can't even set my mic gain properly!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
By the way, if you guys want anymore Tri Force Heroes videos to watch, I've done two previous streams of it, first for the original demo, and second for Extra Life 2015:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Double post ahoihoi but Highwang and I are streaming more of A Link to the Past right now: http://hitbox.tv/highwang

And the game is now complete. Parts will go up every other weekday.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 2, 2016

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Up on the chopping block this week is the first Lorule dungeon of ALBW (and the only one that doesn't need any of the special items), Travis once again fucks with our route in TFH, and I reveal a masochistic plan for my Patreon in ALttP.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Zelda? gently caress that! NANOSAUR!

Carbon dioxide posted:

I found an accurate depiction of Yoshi, Travis and ThornBrain on the internet.

ManlyGrunting posted:

I like to think that the girl in the hoodie is their patreon supporters.

All accurate. Even outside of TFH.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Highwang takes a side path to beef up his arsenal.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

No ALBW this week, but I'll try and have more recorded by next week. This is also the last of TFH we have in the backlog, and the LP might go into another minor hiatus while we wait for Yoshi to return from a trip.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Forgot to upload this yesterday. Luckily the stream recordings have lined up nicely so that the game will be finished next Friday.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

We reach the ALttP version of ALBW's most recent dungeon.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ALBW is back, and if I can keep a consistent schedule we should have updates through September.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I also went back and checked between every drat dungeon if I could buy the weapons. Doesn't happen until Part 14.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Took long enough, but I'm finally able to purchase and upgrade my weapons now. Don't worry, the ultimate weapon will be mine soon enough...

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Turtles do very well in lava. Get Pubert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Good news: new episodes of Tri Force Heroes have been recorded with XelEsparza's help... but not as many as we tried. We cleared out World 5 so that will go up no problem, but we couldn't finish World 6 Level 2 without burn out, and I refuse to upload parts without progress. Hopefully we can get around to beating its madness before too long. In the meantime, here's Xel's reaction to World 6 and its bullshit:

PS: If anyone wants to contribute background art or fanart that can easily be converted into background art, now's a good time to share it as I put the next videos together.

• Locked thread