Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

You say that, but I feel like if I theoretically lived in some non-real world and knew I was never going to be home anyway, i'd be pretty cool with letting some dude set himself up in my room if I got to rent some cool weapons for dirt cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

On the ALBW front, from memory the Upgraded Lantern and Bug Net do 8x the amount of damage the original versions do. Which is surprising, because I didn't realize the original lantern did damage. Hero mode is definitely rough, to the point that I remember any hits from anything the moment you enter the dark world are pretty much instant death unless you've picked up almost every heart piece available to you at that stage.

On the Triforce Heroes front, it's worth mentioning that the Boomeranger outfit makes the boomerang cause damage as well as stun when it connects. It saves alot of bother for that fight.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So the only other difference that comes with Hero Mode is a very small change to the "The End" scene.

Otherwise exactly the same, but Lorule is there to stamp on your balls. You pretty much immediately have to head for the Blue Mail and any available heart pieces immediately to make it bearable.

Final boss is a whole lot harder too. Any mistakes in boss tennis is devastating.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Main stages, but also an attempt at the DLC area.

• Locked thread