Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Oh hey, two Zeldas I actually don't know anything about!

If TriForce heroes ends up anything like the Four Swords run done by PoKeCapn & Crew it will be amazing.

Calling that the next Link incarnation will be BurgerStu (or BurgStu.) Steve is a rather hard name to shorten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The first time I ever did the Ice Palace I didn't have the fire rod, so I pretty much Bombos'd my way through it. Without half magic.
It's strangely kind of designed for that with the penguins dropping lots of magic pots.

It's also my preferred way to get through that dungeon.

Also seeing the Ice Palace again makes me curious about Link Between Worlds version of that dungeon.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

As someone who has beaten the Helmasaur King A: Only using the Hammer and B: Only using the Bombs, Highwang's primary problem with that fight was thinking that spin attacks did more damage than a normal swing (when the easiest method is to bomb the mask and then normally slash the head.)

The 3D Zeldas introduced that.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Like Clockwork posted:

The problem with spin attacks is the windup; it's usually better to just spam normal slashes since you do more damage in the same amount of time, iirc.
It's this. In the time you can charge up and unleash a spin slash you can do 3-5 normal slashes and it's certainly not more than 3x the power of a single slash. It's the same in Link Between Words only moreso because of better button detection, so you can reach turbo-controller speeds of slashing.

Also I was wrong in the first place, the sword has the same attack power as the arrows but a much wider hit area and comes out way faster.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Pubert's favorite actual snack is Turtle Tongues.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Bruceski posted:

Quixote and his faithful companion Panza.

Gotta be classy.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

That was a nice Ice level. Interesting visuals of confirming that the whole of Death Mountain is hollow :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

ThornBrain posted:

Small update: ALBW has been archived.
TFH is still on hiatus while Yoshi and Travis are both sporadically available. However I asked around and I understand that the challenges are not necessary to see all of the story. So since trying to 100% the game would likely drive the LP into repeating hiatuses, let's have a poll:
Do you want us to do all of the challenges; or should we focus on completing the story and just get as many costumes as we can, then call it there?

Definitely the latter. Even if it's a fairly odd take on a standard Zelda story, you can say you completed the game!

• Locked thread