Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

The dub from the 90s didn't do a thing about the animation. So you get things like the talent line. In the original it's blatantly about bust size, but the dub just makes it sound like a euphemism since the visual is the same.

There was also attempting to censor how gay Sailor Moon gets. The character Zoicite was changed from a dude to a girl but that wasn't that blatant since he already looked androgynous. No, worse is how they tried to hide the blatantly romantic relationship between Uranus and Neptune. By making them cousins instead. But since they didn't change the animation, they're cousins who are very touchy-feely and gaze longingly into each others' eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

ImpAtom posted:

It's largely stuff like that. Bravely Default had a "brave bikini' which was absurdly scanty and they made it merely skimpy (and also bumped the character's ages up though only by a year or two so I guess it depends on if 14-15 is less creepy than 13.)

It's the Bravo Bikini, and its creator said "so extreme was it that every girl to try it on instantly and irrevocably hated me without exception." Agnès wouldn't even try it on and respected him less for even having made it.

The characters were aged up by 3 years in Bravely Default, so Edea was at least 18 when she put it on to date a 38 year old man who drugged her and took her to his secret lair.

(The party promptly murders him and steals his power.)

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

foobardog posted:

But yeah, if only the bad characters have those traits, that's not a good place to start.

I like Niles. :(

I mean he joins on the same turn as a weirdo who chose Odin Dark as an alias. He's relatively stable in terms of eccentric weirdos in Fire Emblem.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
What's Bred's backstory? Why does he leave his car unattended for Haggar to smash?

• Locked thread