Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Cleretic posted:

San Andreas during the Hot Coffee situation

This is my favorite. It's nowhere near sexy, even with this weird bondage poo poo which I believe is some mod also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OsimTih2dE

In GTAIV they make fun of it when Niko asks Michelle to come in for "coffee" she says "I'd let you but it would cost almost 20 million dollars".

E: and the Statue of Happiness having Hillary Clinton's face because she was one of, or the, the main people who complained about it.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 02:53 on Feb 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Around here all the radio stations have different words they have to censor. One is allowed to say bitch, another isn't. One is allowed to say rear end and another one isn't. It's weird when there's a song that is popular so plays on 4 stations but each station has a different version.

I also REALLY hate censorship of rap songs. Some songs it's just like "I like bad *SILENCE* that's my *SILENCE* problem, and yeah I like to *SILENCE* I got a *SILENCE* problem!" And in some songs they straight up change the words. For example they started censoring bitch to "bad bad". Like, "she's a bad bad and she know it." With some songs when I finally heard the real version I was like :aaa: because it was so different from the radio version.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I just learned that Fallout 3 and Fallout NV (initially) were censored in Germany to get rid of the gore of heads exploding and limbs flying off. Gore is the best part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOTYcdjJjOc

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

foobardog posted:

Germany is very strict on violence (as well as Nazi symbols for that matter). The strangest change for this to me is Team Fortress 2, which made the blood black, and replaced the gory gibs with silly little objects. Arguably that's an improvement.

If I could I would play every game with rubber ducks replacing gore. Imagine stabbing a guy in the stomach in GTA and instead of blood a bunch of rubber ducks magically fly out :3:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
im gay I'm gay
There's two different ones!

I like how sometimes newbies here actually use the word filters. "Gently caress that poo poo!" It's so cute :kimchi:

• Locked thread