Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
I really wish the general Japanese public knew about George Takei. An activist and pioneer like him would be such a great role model to so many people over here: an Asian actor who got on TV and became well-known for a non-stereotypical role during a time when that was practically unheard of, and an openly gay celebrity whose shtick isn't "I will gently caress any and every man I see because I am gay, you see! You'd better watch out, men!". It might help to enlighten a few people over here, too.

There was (still running, maybe?) a drama on basic cable over here with a lesbian relationship between the two main characters which made lots of headlines. As mentioned above, lesbian stuff is marketed to grown men, so it's not surprising that it got green-lit, but I really can't see a high-profile TV show with a realistic relationship between two men happening any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread