Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Watching Office Space on Comedy Central when it gets to the scenes accompanied to drat It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta and Die Motherfucker by Geto Boys is certainly something. The soundtrack turns into incoherent scratching.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Feb 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The dub from the 90s didn't do a thing about the animation. So you get things like the talent line. In the original it's blatantly about bust size, but the dub just makes it sound like a euphemism since the visual is the same.

There was also attempting to censor how gay Sailor Moon gets. The character Zoicite was changed from a dude to a girl but that wasn't that blatant since he already looked androgynous. No, worse is how they tried to hide the blatantly romantic relationship between Uranus and Neptune. By making them cousins instead. But since they didn't change the animation, they're cousins who are very touchy-feely and gaze longingly into each others' eyes.

One thing that shocked me about the translation of Sailor Moon was DiC's handling of Nephrite/Neflite's death. He gets impaled on a plant monster's vine tentacles after making some steps toward not being a bad guy. The only change I think they made was turning his blood green. Its still a man impaled, bleeding everywhere, and dying in the arms of a weeping girl while every other villain "sleeps forever" or disappears. It blew my loving mind when I was a kid.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Nckdictator posted:

Considering in 1903 audience members reportedly fainted at this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hknJkYN5dqQ

Speaking of cartoon censorship.

http://www.newsfromme.com/2008/12/11/scrappy-days-part-five/

Wow, this just got me to briefly root for Scrappy Doo.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Comedy Central always seems to be unsure of what it wants to bleep late after 11.

Just tonight on The Daily Show they had a clip of Strom Thurmond where he said the n-word. It wasn't bleeped when he said it, but the subtitles had asterisks.

I know they air reruns during the day, where they definitely will bleep it, and they probably won't want to make the extra effort making a graphic that they know they'll have to censor. It was just a weird situation.

• Locked thread