Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
My favorite was during the filming of Bulletproof Monk they decided to go from an R rating to a PG/PG13 because the studio thought it was more marketable to teens that way. They had this issue however, one of the characters was named Mr. Fucktastic and featured a giant tattoo of his name on his chest. Their solution was to rename him to Mr Funktastic and then superglue a giant bling necklace to his chest in order to hide it. This also lead to them cutting a scene they had already filmed because of said tattoo that makes the end of the movie much more coherent and enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Another oldie but goodie was the clear channel censored version of What It's Like by Everlast, so many things get censored the song ends up sounding much worse than the actual one because of all the random words that didn't really need to be bleeped.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

I wonder if there are any examples of marketing people putting MPAA rating descriptions front and center on movie posters. I know that if I made a movie that the MPAA described as containing "an abundance of outrageous gore," I'd want everyone to know.

"Non-stop Ninja action" seems more like an endorsement than anything.

• Locked thread