Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

My favorite has to be the insane reaches 4kids went to making One Piece "family-friendly" this included replacing cigars with lollipops and a blunderbuss with a completely made up thingamajig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

This brought to mind that in Batman: The Animated Series (and every other ensuing DC animated universe show, though maybe not so much Zeta Project :v:) they were always excited to have a robot show up so they could gently caress them up particularly gruesome ways, often including creative decapitations. And then there was Scarface, the ventriloquist dummy, who I'm pretty sure got destroyed by the end of every single one of his episodes. I think it might've even been his first episode where he gets gratuitously shot to poo poo with a tommy gun.

Speaking of the DC animated universe, Warner bros. had a really really dumb strict rule on Batman characters showing up in other shows. The Justice league for example could not use any Batman villains after season 2, not even the Joker, because people would be confused about them being on The Batman tv show for some reason???

The Batman also couldn't use Scarecrow or Ra's al ghul because they appeared in Batman begins, it was really dumb.

• Locked thread