Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Parahexavoctal posted:

"Curse like a sailor / drink like a mick / my only words of wisdom are / <radio edit>" - Kid Rock

It's a good thing they left that racial slur in there otherwise we wouldn't know what the censored part rhymes with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

4Kids single-handledly ruined America's impression of One Piece. While it is super popular in Japan and elsewhere in the Western world, it's more or less flat-lined in the US.

Some people like the "Yohoho! Get a bite of that Gum-Gum!" rap unironically, others (like me) hate the poo poo out of it. :argh:

e: My favorite censorship in 4Kids One Piece, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw1u7YvGmYQ

For context, the crew is supposed to run into a whale named Laboon at the base of Reverse Mountain, whose relationship with a certain character they meet much later plays a pivotal role in the story. For whatever reason, 4Kids chopped huge parts of the story out (including the entire Little Garden arc) and here, to skip over the Laboon segment, they replaced the whale with a lovely photoshop of an iceberg.

It's pretty funny how shoddily they handled everything in the initial dub, from the goofy voices (including Sanji's retarded New York-ah accent) to the edits to... Well, basically everything. It's infamously bad.

One Piece was already loving garbage.

• Locked thread