Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maully Millions
Aug 10, 2014

Inappropriate.

El Gar posted:

I overheard someone saying that today was a super tuesday and I just have to agree, I'm having a super day and I hope you all are too.

I did not know about Trophy until you started this thread, and now I feel that all of my days are more super as a result. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Maully Millions posted:

I did not know about Trophy until you started this thread, and now I feel that all of my days are more super as a result. Thank you.

That's very kind of you to say.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Any sleeping cat photos? my cat used to sleep often so that'd be 75% of the time.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder posted:

Any sleeping cat photos? my cat used to sleep often so that'd be 75% of the time.

Surprisingly few sleeping cat photos. I know I took some so keep your eyes peeled (I'm going in order so I don't lose my place).

I did find a video of her sleeping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i5zPzI63bM

I should probably start posting videos here too.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I like Trophy. Furthermore...

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

El Gar posted:

Surprisingly few sleeping cat photos. I know I took some so keep your eyes peeled (I'm going in order so I don't lose my place).

I did find a video of her sleeping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i5zPzI63bM

I should probably start posting videos here too.

:3:

Videos are OK too.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Fig. 1: Trophy remembers she has urgent poo poo to do

Fig. 2: The urgent poo poo Trophy had to do :3:

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

How about a little history for this weekend. About 3 1/2 years ago I took my phone out and made two videos of Trophy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTaevkCMgJM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utLw26I25cQ

Because of the nature of the internet, I was of course instantly derided for shooting in portrait mode. I made this reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jQUt743Ao8

At this point Hey Trophy videos were born. This was the next one I made, laying out the format for all videos to come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYwN0W21Z7k

These are Hey Trophy videos. I did them for quite awhile. I occasionally still do. I will share them in this thread along with pictures in the future.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Please post more about Trophy. I don't understand how she is so round that even her ears are round

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Anne Whateley posted:

Please post more about Trophy. I don't understand how she is so round that even her ears are round

I don't know what else to say honestly. She's a cat. So, picture a cat. That's Trophy more or less?

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off
Wow this is a good cat! I've never posted in PI before but I had to because this cat is so good!

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

Those were some quality videos. Does Trophy ever say anything in return?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

I love this bathroom.

What is the meat she is eating?

Why is her face so round?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Would you say Trophy is small or medium sized cat?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Fuzz Feets posted:

Those were some quality videos. Does Trophy ever say anything in return?

No, she is perfectly silent whenever the phone is near her taking either photos or videos. She only meows late at night, she takes her red mouse into the middle of a hallway and then just yells at it.

Thin Privilege posted:

I love this bathroom.

What is the meat she is eating?

Why is her face so round?

I love that bathroom too.

In the last photo it's the neck from that year's Thanksgiving turkey. In all the others it's the backbone from the frier chicken I get from the butcher.

Her face is so round because that's what her breed, American Shorthair, looks like.

Alder posted:

Would you say Trophy is small or medium sized cat?

I would say she is a small cat. She usually weighs just under eight pounds.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

ZenMastaT posted:

Wow this is a good cat! I've never posted in PI before but I had to because this cat is so good!

Thank you for saying that, you are quite nice. I'm personally a big fan of Tycho and Refurb you should make sure to check out that thread and say hi to Golden-i.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Is she really a pedigreed American Shorthair? :)

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Maldoror posted:

Is she really a pedigreed American Shorthair? :)

Yep! Here's her pedigree. We keep it in her file along w/ her immunization records and microchip registration, etc. Took a pic of it just now, realized I'd never shared it all these years. Yankee Star has since retired. If we were to get another one today we'd go to Kelloggs Cattery.

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.
I love Trophy, she looks like a stuffed toy plush cat. Is she huggable/squishable?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

QueenOfMistakes posted:

I love Trophy, she looks like a stuffed toy plush cat. Is she huggable/squishable?

She is a very cuddly cat and her fur is very soft. When you hug her she does not run away.

Today was a very very VERY nice late winter day. We went outside.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did you start harness training Trophy as a kitten or an adult? We are moving to a more urban area in July which means that Kiska's days of free-roaming when we go outside in the summer are dwindling rapidly, and I get to harness train a 14 pound, basically dumb cat.

It was nice here today too, we sat on the front steps and watched birds together.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Tendai posted:

Did you start harness training Trophy as a kitten or an adult? We are moving to a more urban area in July which means that Kiska's days of free-roaming when we go outside in the summer are dwindling rapidly, and I get to harness train a 14 pound, basically dumb cat.

It was nice here today too, we sat on the front steps and watched birds together.

Trophy has been going in the back yard in a harness since she was a kitten. The earliest picture I have of her in a harness is from January 2008, so just few months old, not even spayed yet. The harness is on backwards so I'm pretty sure that was the first time we put it on her. By March of 2008 she was exploring the back yard very confidently:

I know my experience is singular but as long as there are plants to sniff at Trophy is pretty happy outside. After few minutes of exploring she even will sit in a lap while we BBQ or read a book or something.

Good luck.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
:3:

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1571&bih=938&q=%22american+shorthair%22&oq=%22american+shorthair%22

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That orange fucker in the second row is pretty great:

El Gar you should get an orange-flavored Trophy, too.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Tendai posted:

That orange fucker in the second row is pretty great:

El Gar you should get an orange-flavored Trophy, too.

When they are purebred it's not orange it's "red tabby" :eng101:

It is the same w/ Trophy's coat she is a silver tabby but if she were a mutt she'd be a grey tabby. The cat fancy is very serious business.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Is Trophy a indoor cat? Any interest wandering outside?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder posted:

Is Trophy a indoor cat? Any interest wandering outside?

Yes she is an indoor cat. She's not interested in wandering outside as much as she's interested in being wherever we are. So if we're in the living room and the door gets left open she'll just stare out of it. If we're on the porch and the door is left open she'll try to come be with us.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v7_B77W4Is

Even though it's only like the third Hey Trophy video I ever made, it remains one of my favorites.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Trophy has a vet checkup in a few hours wish us luck

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I have enjoyed looking at this thread about this cat.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Vet visit went fine. Trophy's sleeping off the vaccines this morning. Gonna schedule a tooth cleaning later this month, it's overdue.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Here are two more Hey Trophy videos, one about spiders, one about immaterialism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7vULihjuKQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4WFmsZTkzY

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Another day another few pictures of my cat.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Trophy has a majestic forehead scarab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

QueenOfMistakes posted:

First time I saw a Trophy post the photo had her perched on a rock in an odd pose and thanks to her name I was left wondering if El Gar had actually gotten a real cat stuffed and was just loving with PI.

• Locked thread