Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Parts Kit posted:

First time I saw a Trophy post the photo had her perched on a rock in an odd pose and thanks to her name I was left wondering if El Gar had actually gotten a real cat stuffed and was just loving with PI.

In your defense she rarely moves in the videos I post.

queserasera posted:

Trophy has a majestic forehead scarab.

That is an M. Tabby's have an M on their forehead because of the Virgin Mary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.

El Gar posted:

That is an M. Tabby's have an M on their forehead because of the Virgin Mary.

I never knew the Virgin Mary was into pussy.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Aw, I love Trophy! But for some reason most of the pictures in this thread do not load. I am sad!

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

kreyla posted:

Aw, I love Trophy! But for some reason most of the pictures in this thread do not load. I am sad!

They are loading for me, and I tested one randomly from a different location just now and it also worked. Do you have any funky extensions installed? Sorry to hear you can't see this pictures of my cat.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Happy Friday

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

How tolerate is Trophy towards small hats or costumes? Also no collar?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder posted:

How tolerate is Trophy towards small hats or costumes? Also no collar?

We tried a costume once it was an unmitigated disaster. Hats work if she's already sitting still cause she tends to stay sitting still for awhile, long enough for pics.

No, no collar. Harness when outside. She's microchipped.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Oddest object balanced on Trophy?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder posted:

Oddest object balanced on Trophy?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Please put a variety of small hats on Trophy, then take pictures. Possibly make a calendar.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

El Gar posted:

No, she is perfectly silent whenever the phone is near her taking either photos or videos. She only meows late at night, she takes her red mouse into the middle of a hallway and then just yells at it.

My girlfriend and I just marathoned the past two years of Hey Trophy videos on your YouTube channel, and Trophy does meow a bit. Mostly when you pick her up. Can't get enough of her little round face (Trophy's, not my girlfriend's).

library cat
Feb 12, 2016

I never thought I could see a cat that I would find cuter than my own; it's happened. Trophy is amazing.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

El Gar posted:

In your defense she rarely moves in the videos I post.
There's also the cold, soulless eyes too.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Dropped Trophy off at the vet for a teeth cleaning this morning, I'm a nervous wreck. She's scared and hungry. What a great week already!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Is Trophy scared of anything in particular?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder posted:

Is Trophy scared of anything in particular?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvMu-aE3I3U

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Does Trophy ever purr or knead?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Farecoal posted:

Does Trophy ever purr or knead?

Yes she does both of these things, especially in the winter when it's hardcore cuddling time.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

I have a question for people reading this thread. I just called the vet to check on Trophy's tooth cleaning, and while giving me an update they kept referring to her as 'he'. I didn't say anything cause I didn't want to interrupt or be rude. My question is this: what is the best way to explain to my vet and their techs that all dogs are boys and all cats are girls?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

El Gar posted:

Yes she does both of these things, especially in the winter when it's hardcore cuddling time.

But no video???? Shameful

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Same Trophy, same

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

El Gar posted:

I have a question for people reading this thread. I just called the vet to check on Trophy's tooth cleaning, and while giving me an update they kept referring to her as 'he'. I didn't say anything cause I didn't want to interrupt or be rude. My question is this: what is the best way to explain to my vet and their techs that all dogs are boys and all cats are girls?

my experience is the opposite

my vet tech called my male cat "she" and i just gave up correcting her because she wouldn't stop doing it :gerty:

wait for the least awkward moment to say "it's actually 'she'" in a friendly or joking way, then hope for the best but give up if they keep saying 'he'

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Iron Crowned posted:

Same Trophy, same

Long John Silver Trophy

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Favorite hobbies?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder posted:

Favorite hobbies?

Sleeping, first and foremost. Talking to her toys at night. Eating grass in the backyard then barfing it up.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Maldoror posted:

my experience is the opposite

my vet tech called my male cat "she" and i just gave up correcting her because she wouldn't stop doing it :gerty:

wait for the least awkward moment to say "it's actually 'she'" in a friendly or joking way, then hope for the best but give up if they keep saying 'he'

My vet, after spending a couple of hours rearranging my cat's hosed up internal organs, STILL kept referring to him as "her," which boggles my mind, you've had this cat anesthetized on a table for exploratory and eventually reconstructive surgery only the day before, and you didn't notice it's a male cat? To add insult to injury, he's a ginger cat which are 80% male by their genetics.

He has very visible (though empty) ballsacks to boot!

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Here are a couple more Hey Trophy videos from long ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yWE7okBCSg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HirhpDrdFvE

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

Awesome loaf pic!

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Fuzz Feets posted:

Awesome loaf pic!

You may enjoy this archived thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3551898

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

El Gar posted:

Here are two more Hey Trophy videos, one about spiders, one about immaterialism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7vULihjuKQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4WFmsZTkzY

I have enjoyed both these videos a lot! Thank you for sharing them! G-d bless!

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

How tolerate of hugs?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder posted:

How tolerate of hugs?

Never met a more tolerant cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQPYE_c6rgA

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

You were told not to play ball so close to the house, Trophy, but noooo...

• Locked thread