Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

This guy sounds like a burden and a liability, especially with his fiance-whatever directly threatening your paternity with some seriously damaging slander about how you take care of your kids. I'd be close to homicidal rage at that point myself.

I can understand a lingering sense of loyalty and pity where it involves an old friend that just became damaged or something. Just, seems Shmorky's gotten to the point where the directions he's taken his messed up life could gently caress up yours.

Why don't you just let him dangle on his own? Sort his own poo poo out? Not take you out with him?

Oh and my apologies at the lack of effort on pronouns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I've been on these forums for 10 years

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Cowman posted:

I've been on these forums for 10 years

did you have a nice valentine's day?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

sout posted:

did you have a nice valentine's day?

it was my bday and yea it was nice. just realized I've been on here for most of my adult life :ohdear:

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Spanish Manlove posted:

Patreon/Kickstarter/Gofundme is digital panhandling and anyone who does them is pathetic.

you're just mad that people give $10k a month to hentai artists

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

FishionMailed posted:

you're just mad that people give $10k a month to hentai artists

but... and I can't believe I'm saying this... he is right :negative:

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
whatever it takes to make that paper

c.r.e.a.m.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I like the ones where it's just random people begging for money to pay bills.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Patreon is the logical endgame for subscription based content delivery and I'm glad that a lot of people play video games all day every day because people with real jobs have 3 extra dollars to waste a month to fund their favourite video gamer's dreams surrounding the job of game playing.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Please support me through patreon, the 5 dollar tier includes 1 emptyquoted post of your choosing. For 20 dollars I will call the mod of your choice "gay".

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I dunno, whenever people talk about global overpopulation and how the first world is unsustainable all I can think is "We should start with the twitch/youtubers"

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
The world needs YouTube like I need a buffalo to take a diarrhea dump in my ear!!!

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Booblord Zagats posted:

I dunno, whenever people talk about global overpopulation and how the first world is unsustainable all I can think is "We should start with the twitch/youtubers"

unironically this

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Keg posted:

Please support me through patreon, the 5 dollar tier includes 1 emptyquoted post of your choosing. For 20 dollars I will call the mod of your choice "gay".

You call them a dumb gay baby bitch or no deal

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Booblord Zagats posted:

I still exist in a kind of la-la-land over this stuff. I'm perfectly aware that there are people out there who try (and a few who manage) to get their life's expenses covered by simply camming everything they do. As much as that is spiritually and morally vacant, I can never wrap my head around people who get away with it. Exactly how sad are the people who *really* make patreon and its ilk possible?

It's just so very hard to believe that someone would rather pay to watch "gamers" talk about games or "artists" trace anime than order a huge loving pizza and play games themselves. It's mind-boggling. It's dumbfounding.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

phasmid posted:

I still exist in a kind of la-la-land over this stuff. I'm perfectly aware that there are people out there who try (and a few who manage) to get their life's expenses covered by simply camming everything they do. As much as that is spiritually and morally vacant, I can never wrap my head around people who get away with it. Exactly how sad are the people who *really* make patreon and its ilk possible?

It's just so very hard to believe that someone would rather pay to watch "gamers" talk about games or "artists" trace anime than order a huge loving pizza and play games themselves. It's mind-boggling. It's dumbfounding.

on patreon there are a bunch of horsefuckers getting $32,000 a month out of about 9,000 rubes to produce a flash game about loving horses

what an age we live in

E: i guess they're doing something though, even if that something would have got them run out of most towns a couple decades ago

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Gilganixon posted:

on patreon there are a bunch of horsefuckers getting $32,000 a month out of about 9,000 rubes to produce a flash game about loving horses

what an age we live in

E: i guess they're doing something though, even if that something would have got them run out of most towns a couple decades ago

link plz.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Gilganixon posted:

what an age we live in

Star Citizen mod scene already thriving, dang

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

dreezy posted:

link plz.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=108351&u=108351&ty=h

you'll be wanting the $30 tier

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Monkey Fracas posted:

Star Citizen mod scene already thriving, dang

:thurman:

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

phasmid posted:

yeah alright bro - what's the professional sports industry then?

what makes watching a bunch of people play a game with a football objectively better than watching a bunch of people play videogames?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Welp.

FishionMailed posted:

what makes watching a bunch of people play a game with a football objectively better than watching a bunch of people play videogames?

I didn't expect to say this, but: significantly less pathetic and annoying.

Also, you can usually watch it without pricing tiers and the people on camera have to run around when they're not talking instead of the cammer and the cammee sitting on their fat asses waiting for one side to go to sleep?

phasmid fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 19, 2016

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

FishionMailed posted:

video games are time wasting toys for children

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Gilganixon posted:

video games are time wasting toys for children

check out this hot take

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Germstore posted:

check out this hot take

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

phasmid posted:

I didn't expect to say this, but: significantly less pathetic and annoying.

depends on the game

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

wait we're not about to have a "video games are art/serious business" chat

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Gilganixon posted:

ball games are time wasting toys for children

who gives a poo poo you people are just opposite the spectrum from the super annoying twitch obsessives and just as annoying

the problem isn't that i can watch a starcraft tournament, the problem is most people are stupid shitheads and that's universal to everything

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

FishionMailed posted:

depends on the game

Madden.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
is lowtax gonna answer more questions or can i unbookmark this and just let goons do their slapfighting

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
lowtax have you thought about moving away from there?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Keg posted:

https://www.patreon.com/topbunkwanter?ty=h

Ironically, of course. :D

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
man i like watching that guy work to the pique of pure physical specimen and spend hours to work with his teammates in grueling conditions to play tetris sure is amazing

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Acne Rain posted:

is lowtax gonna answer more questions or can i unbookmark this and just let goons do their slapfighting

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Lowtax is done with the Q&A, now the goons have turned this into a shmorky bitching thread.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
TRELYATE!!!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Junior Jr. posted:

Lowtax is done with the Q&A, now the goons have turned this into a shmorky bitching thread.

Thanks for cleaing that up Lowtax spokesman, I wasn't sure.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
The only good thing about watching people play video games was that one stream where some pedophile looking guy was making fun of an equally (or possibly more) pathetic guy. It was some speed gaming event for charity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord

• Locked thread