Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
This is getting to be routine procedure and I'm getting very tired of this. I was northbound on the 405, approaching Long Beach, and saw dodge charger headlights in my rear view. I immediately knew it was a cop, and that he was waiting for me to cross into town for jurisdiction. I slowed down to 10 miles below the speed limit, he not only didn't pass, but followed about two car lengths behind for about three miles.

There was a huge window to pass, but he still followed. I passed the 45 mph sign, and slowed from 45, to 35. I passed the city limits, but farther in, as soon as I entered the town, the loving lights came on, so I pulled over. They ask me to get out of the car, and question me about my business. I tell them the truth about a warrant that was quashed in January, but they won't ever take their hand off the holster of their pistol.

CHP ask every time if I have anything in the car. My friend says they're looking for P2P. They claim they pulled me over because a "license plate light" is out, but the car doesn't have those lights. I give them consent to search, so they will overlook the fact I have no insurance and that the car isn't in my name. After they finish explaining how I am suspicious, they tell me I'm free to go. If I ask whether I am free to go before being given permission they ignore me or tell me to shut up. I already tried going exactly the speed limit and driving perfect, and still I get pulled over. This last time, I tried going slow and it didn't work.

I've read that police are trained to deescalate the situation, but I'm too smart for them and never take my hands off the wheel or start shouting. I am always sure to pull over on the highway, but under overpasses, so there will be witnesses if I'm killed. Will filling a harassment lawsuit against the CHP, or any legalese-keywords get me out of a stop faster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I got pulled over for speeding last week and traded a mostly cashed recently used marijuana paraphernalia and car search for a parking ticket that was way cheaper than speeding and drug charges. It might have been illegal but i went home and smoked more weed after.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
where the hell is there a 45mph zone on the 405?

maybe he pulled you over because you were doing 35mph on the goddamn 405 and he thought you were on drugs?

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

you sounds like a minority OP, not much is gonna get you out of that

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I have brown skin and speed regularly and never get pulled over, what the gently caress are you guys doing to piss off the cops

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm the cop that pulled the OP over.

Don't listen to his bullshit. He blew me and my partner to get out of the charges.

We filed them anyway. :lol:

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

buy a car that doesn't look like a piece of poo poo drives it and this will never be an issue again hth

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

also be white

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
also don't drive 35 on the loving freeway

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

hampton posted:

My friend says they're looking for P2P.

good thing you didnt have any kazaa or limewire on you op

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

VendaGoat posted:

I'm the cop that pulled the OP over.

Don't listen to his bullshit. He blew me and my partner to get out of the charges.

We filed them anyway. :lol:

I am vendagoats partner, thanks again citizen

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
it's already been good now that you've served, and protected me

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

FishionMailed posted:

maybe he pulled you over because you were doing 35mph on the goddamn 405 and he thought you were on drugs?

Maybe he's one of those tools that drives through the exit lane.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Were you driving a Model T? If not then your car should have something that illuminates the license plate. If it doesn't, then I'm pretty sure that in itself is an infraction.

What year and model car is this?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Daedra posted:

I am vendagoats partner, thanks again citizen

I'm the process officer at the jail you guys took him to, he blew you guys too??

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Wear a suit everywhere so the cops think you're super rich or a public servant. It makes them feel vulnerable.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
being white f*cking rules yo

being white and driving a bmw literally makes you invisible to the police haha

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
im white and drive a pickup truck. cops assume im an upstanding conservative cop-supporting citizen but im really a liberal sjw communist who would like to see all the cops die :twisted:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

FishionMailed posted:

also don't drive 35 on the loving freeway

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

A misanthrope posted:

im white and drive a pickup truck. cops assume im an upstanding conservative cop-supporting citizen but im really a liberal sjw communist who would like to see all the cops die :twisted:

when i drive my pickup i might as well be invisible to the police. they run my car almost always but gently caress off afterwards, it's getting a little old but is in great condition. my first car, a 94 pontiac grand am holy gently caress i was pulled over for nonexistent reasons a handful of times a year

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the OP is a loving LIAR

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

kazr posted:

when i drive my pickup i might as well be invisible to the police. they run my car almost always but gently caress off afterwards, it's getting a little old but is in great condition. my first car, a 94 pontiac grand am holy gently caress i was pulled over for nonexistent reasons a handful of times a year

same here. my last car was lovely and i got pulled over constantly. not once have i been pulled over in my big pretty truck

poo poo my plates have been expired for 6 months

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

FrankieGoes posted:

Were you driving a Model T? If not then your car should have something that illuminates the license plate. If it doesn't, then I'm pretty sure that in itself is an infraction.

What year and model car is this?

what kind of hosed up space age do you live in

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Fried Watermelon posted:

what kind of hosed up space age do you live in

probably California

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

hampton posted:

. I slowed down to 10 miles below the speed limit, he not only didn't pass, but followed about two car lengths behind for about three miles.

There was a huge window to pass, but he still followed. I passed the 45 mph sign, and slowed from 45, to 35.

fuckin lol

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm a minority but have tinted windows and an expensive rig so never get stopped. :shrug:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Kuato posted:

I'm a minority but have tinted windows and an expensive rig so never get stopped. :shrug:

Which minority?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

FrankieGoes posted:

Which minority?

horrible martian mutant

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I've been in many illegal traffic stops that turned into a choice between jail time or unrelated citations

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
look into the sovereign citizen movement. cops dont actually have any power over you aside from physical force and the rule of law.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

I was pulled over on the interstate about a year ago. I knew I was not speeding - traffic was far too heavy for anyone to be speeding. I wasn't weaving, it was daytime so no lights needed to be on. I am your average-looking white guy, in his 30's.

I hold my hands on the steering wheel and aimed my fingers toward the roof of the car. The officer approaches my passenger window, which I rolled down upon his instruction.

I ask what I did to warrant being pulled over. His answer: "Well, sorry, your license plate and car make/model was close to that of someone who has a warrant. But you don't look like that person."

He goes back to his car to do some poo poo, I keep my hands where they won't get me killed.

He comes back and says "Drive carefully" and I was free to go.

What the gently caress officer? If the license plate didn't match that of the person you were actually trying to pull over, then why did you pull me over? Just in case that person happened to be driving a totally different car that happened to have a similar license plate?

Anyway, I considered myself lucky for not being shot and killed, and went home.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

johnny sack posted:

I was pulled over on the interstate about a year ago. I knew I was not speeding - traffic was far too heavy for anyone to be speeding. I wasn't weaving, it was daytime so no lights needed to be on. I am your average-looking white guy, in his 30's.

I hold my hands on the steering wheel and aimed my fingers toward the roof of the car. The officer approaches my passenger window, which I rolled down upon his instruction.

I ask what I did to warrant being pulled over. His answer: "Well, sorry, your license plate and car make/model was close to that of someone who has a warrant. But you don't look like that person."

He goes back to his car to do some poo poo, I keep my hands where they won't get me killed.

He comes back and says "Drive carefully" and I was free to go.

What the gently caress officer? If the license plate didn't match that of the person you were actually trying to pull over, then why did you pull me over? Just in case that person happened to be driving a totally different car that happened to have a similar license plate?

Anyway, I considered myself lucky for not being shot and killed, and went home.

If you were black you would be dead or in jail now after they decided it would be less work to pin the crime on you.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
uhhh. the OP is a lie FYI

this is a CP from the deark web. (ya thats the new name now so keep your loving moutshs shut *makes throat slitting motions*) this guy is not legit. we have scans from the last 2 weeks and this guy is off the loving charts. i have not seen anything like this.

cadet: im calling beeble base on this one.
beeble 434: uh we are just gonna keep this little secret to ourself if you dont mind little beebs *scratches the back of its head*
cadet: i need my medicine
beebel 434 and 567 in unison: *start singing* you cant always get what you want.

*everyone stops breathing*

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Serious Frolicking posted:

look into the sovereign citizen movement. cops dont actually have any power over you aside from physical force and the rule of law.

Yes, claiming to be a sovereign citizen tends to have amazing success

https://youtu.be/RfVbiefMdNU?t=178

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ElectricSheep posted:

:smug:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

ElectricSheep posted:

I think it's better to very politely comply and hope the cops aren't in a bad/murderous mood. Sure you have rights and all that, but they don't give a gently caress and neither will the judge. If you want to exercise your rights, you should do so with a high priced lawyer.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

ElectricSheep posted:

That is staged. Why are you trying to prevent the people from making their stand? You must be a part of the establishment.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FishionMailed posted:

Yeah, I've never gone faster than standstill.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Didnt' read the thread beyond the pont where op was self contradictiong.

This one time I was lie "gently caress the police" but I said it to myself because I know my local statuates and was co-incidentally in the legal wrong.

So it was in fact a real pain in the rear end, the cops made me sit there with my window open while the rain pounded into my face. Also my car got impounded.

But I was illegally driving without a vailid license. In this situation I was ok with it because I knew I was in the wrong.

Over one year later I got pulled over for a simiar offience, but I had preemptively got new license plates. In this case I was fine and the actual cop apologized to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I get profiled so much I got pulled over while walking.

• Locked thread