Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller

BIG YELLOW/ORANGE BALLOONS

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

i just realized that you were the person years ago with the any colony thread in here

i really enjoyed learning about them, ty for your service

it was the very first thing I ever saw in byob (bring your own bugs)

That is absolutely true!
I have a little secret for you, my friend, the ant thread... He is still crawling around! It's not gone, the thread built a colony and had many baby pages and questions and answers and pictures! You can find the most important ant thread in the history of SA riiiiight here!

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
hell yeah time to research ants!

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Finger Prince

It's trekkage to find good bread here, but so worth it when you do.

Fig and hazelnut.

Quadramind

Oooph, that's a good bread

RavenousScoot

Goons Are Gifts posted:

That is absolutely true!
I have a little secret for you, my friend, the ant thread... He is still crawling around! It's not gone, the thread built a colony and had many baby pages and questions and answers and pictures! You can find the most important ant thread in the history of SA riiiiight here!

ants are so cool, a few years ago I found what I'm pretty sure (from my little research, I don't know all that much) was a queen on the windowsill that'd been out flying looking to start a new colony
I'd wanted to start an antfarm but was vetoed, so I let her go. Probably for the best at the time, I imagine once a colony grows in scale there's a lot of upkeep to be done.
I definitely need to give that thread a read though, ant farms are fun to look at.

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

RavenousScoot posted:

took a long walk outside in the rainstorm since it wasn't thundering or anything, watched the wormbirds peck around and take baths in puddles :^)

i wish i was pecking around and taking baths in puddles rn tbh, that sounds lovely

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

xcheopis

A colleague was interviewed by KQED
https://www.kqed.org/news/11980547/why-california-doesnt-know-how-many-people-are-dying-while-homeless
Also, national study on homeless mortality
https://www.kqed.org/news/11977614/its-now-significantly-more-deadly-to-be-homeless-why-are-so-many-people-dying
and a pdf
https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/epdf/10.1377/hlthaff.2023.01039

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Goons Are Gifts

Finger Prince posted:

It's trekkage to find good bread here, but so worth it when you do.

Fig and hazelnut.

ok i need to be honest here, I am a HUGE bread fan, like, bread is the thing, I literally live by bread and now I can tell you, that is some good bread right here

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Goons Are Gifts posted:

ok i need to be honest here, I am a HUGE bread fan, like, bread is the thing, I literally live by bread and now I can tell you, that is some good bread right here
In case anyone was concerned about the phrase "man shall not live by bread alone", I'd better chime in to say that I also live by bread, so neither of us is doing it alone, problem solved.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Gilligan's Island would have been a good setup if the Howells and Skipper weren't on it. Two did nothing, and Skipper just pissed around yelling at Gilligan. Prof could have had him task oriented and Ginger/Maryanne combo could have rounded out the extra tasks and stuff that we know Gilligan was going to gently caress up.

Uh... What happened?

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
cruft

roomforthetuna posted:

In case anyone was concerned about the phrase "man shall not live by bread alone", I'd better chime in to say that I also live by bread, so neither of us is doing it alone, problem solved.

I somehow read this as "man shot by bread". Maybe it's because I'm sauntering up to a migraine.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
i'm in the train right and just noticed everyone else are wearing headphones or those wireless earplugs. i could be farting up a storm and no one would hear a thing!

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Finger Prince

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i'm in the train right and just noticed everyone else are wearing headphones or those wireless earplugs. i could be farting up a storm and no one would hear a thing!

Can you fart without making the letting out a huge fart face though? No cheek lift?

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

Can you fart without making the letting out a huge fart face though? No cheek lift?

can you do this while drawing a dragon?

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

I'm trying to trick PrincessDoom into watching Kung Pow: Enter the Fist tonight. I don't know if I've ever made her watch it, so if not it'll be amazing. I wish I still had the dvd with the alternate audio of what they actually said so their lips didn't sync with the real lines.

cruft

ARFARFa

AFAFRFrFArfarfarf
arf Aarf

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

I finally mounted this old drive. it's full of movies and crazy youtube stuff. it's interesting how much is easily forgotten.
I haven't seen this in awhile and if anyone like Nick Offerman's voice, or just a fun premise for a short film. check this out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWs4WA--eKU
"But, he was."
"Let's not get carried away."

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 26, 2024

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Finger Prince posted:

gonna need practise

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

B33rChiller

Check these plants out. I just realised that they're old enough to buy weed and drink in this province now.
Spider plant

Monstera deliciosa

Dr. Honked posted:

sb hermit

I hope that the passage of prop 1 is going to help them out in their endeavors.

sb hermit

peeled too much garlic so I decided to just toss a clove into my mouth and chomp down

still tasting it every time I burp about 8 hours later

ToastGhost

20% cooler
I didn't want to make a thread about it but I received ketamine in the past as part of a medical treatment for depression. Just fun that the guy with the ponysona gets horse drugs.

It was pretty fun and good for my mood, but hella expensive. Try to get it clinically if you do, and get your insurance to cover it. If your state even allows it.

Hi byob.

Goons Are Gifts

Wohooo! I was appointed as official clerk for the upcoming EU election, I'm very proud! Always wanted to do it and even a higher position in there is pretty cool, we also get a small payment for the job and of course are part of democracy! :toot:

cruft

Hi ToastGhost.

Goons Are Gifts posted:

Wohooo! I was appointed as official clerk for the upcoming EU election, I'm very proud! Always wanted to do it and even a higher position in there is pretty cool, we also get a small payment for the job and of course are part of democracy! :toot:

nice. Voting is neat.

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
my friend came over and we put together warhammermens. what have you done with your buds lately

sb hermit

Goons Are Gifts posted:

:nice:

sb hermit

:wave:

hark

I'm sleep
HI, THREAD. I am in a great mood for no particular reason. Please have a great day, everyone.

Escape From Noise

Is getting approached and asked out of the blue by strangers a nationwide thing, or a Southwestern thing?

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

sb hermit posted:

peeled too much garlic so I decided to just toss a clove into my mouth and chomp down

Brilliant. Congrats on something few have experienced. You did a wonderful thing for science.

ToastGhost posted:

I didn't want to make a thread about it but I received ketamine in the past as part of a medical treatment for depression. Just fun that the guy with the ponysona gets horse drugs.

It was pretty fun and good for my mood, but hella expensive. Try to get it clinically if you do, and get your insurance to cover it. If your state even allows it.

Hi byob.

I remember reading they were testing MDMA as a thing to help Autistic people socially and I fully the gently caress wished they were testing around here. No clue what ketamine would do to me but, gently caress yea that's funny they gave ya horse drugs. Did you happen to show them your av?

Ominous Jazz posted:

my friend came over and we put together warhammermens. what have you done with your buds lately

I made my dude play games on pc for the first time ever. Tricky, I guess, when used to controller and never keyboard mouse. I gave him some tips and ran a few games to get the hang of it before CS and that's, imo, on level with Quake Live for the best shooter experience. Was a fun hangout and I am invited to come play some Apex with his regular group via crossplay.
That's all I've done with friends lately because weather is trash and I've been working on reworking things around the homespot.

hark posted:

HI, THREAD. I am in a great mood for no particular reason. Please have a great day, everyone.

Am doing as requested at this point. Thanks for sharing a cheery mood, mine wavered a bit. It's wonderful how putting good vibes out can resonate so many more. Danke und Hi.

Escape From Noise posted:

Is getting approached and asked out of the blue by strangers a nationwide thing, or a Southwestern thing?

I don't know bout SWern, but I've done and had it done in the midwest. Maybe there's a different idea in my head of what 'asked out' is. Do you mean something akin to randomly asking people point blank on contact, or like inviting someone to do something the time of meeting them?
Both are things I've seen happen. The first is a little bit a lot odd. But, I dated someone for a long time by crossing a street and introducing myself to someone that smiled at me one night. It's all weird really.
I don't think it's a Southwestern thing. Maybe the style/approach could be.

Caught up on thread. Love you all.

GaG, that's dope. I skipped over for some reason. I'm very happy that you get to play a role in ensuring that Deutschland prospers for it's people and place in the world.

RavenousScoot

sb hermit posted:

I do this when I'm sick and it near instantly makes me feel better and I can feel the garlic travel through my body

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
Escape From Noise

I just mean getting approached in a parking lot and having someone ask me how much for my dad's truck.

For a while, when my friend lived in Boulder, he'd have people knock on his door asking if he was interested in selling his car. These aren't cars that are for sale.

I think it's funny and a little odd is all.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Yea. That's weird. Maybe if someone is gonna offer way too much it'd make sense. But that does seem like asking to buy someone's shirt randomly.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
cruft

One time in Seattle I went up to a girl having dinner at a Thai restaurant and asked her out. We went on a couple dates but she was kind of a wet blanket.

I moved to Seattle as a part of my strategy to overcome what would eventually be popularly called Social Anxiety Disorder. Asking that girl out was probably the last box I needed to check for myself to consider the plan successful.

B33rChiller

Yeah, I'm
having a decent one too.
I spent more than a couple hours sat in front of this rack, just plugging things in, and daydreaming signal paths. Then I realised how long I'd been sat there, and finished up plugging in what needed to be in place to have a full patch, and didn't even turn it on. I had only a slight clue what it would sound like.
This is a sort clip of it after tweaking and fiddling around for about 20 minutes today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg1mJ0GZwzs

I also recently picked up an inline power meter, as I was curious how much this cluster of plugs and wires draws.
With the monitors up as loud as I'm comfortable listening at, and all the rack gear running, it peaked at 110W. No worries about overloading the power bar or receptacle. Good.
Now to test the array of lights and airpumps and heaters running the aquariums and terrarium

Dr. Honked posted:

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

nesamdoom posted:

I'm trying to trick PrincessDoom into watching Kung Pow: Enter the Fist tonight. I don't know if I've ever made her watch it, so if not it'll be amazing. I wish I still had the dvd with the alternate audio of what they actually said so their lips didn't sync with the real lines.

I'm just a birdie too!!!

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
a cat walks into a tobacconist and says "give me a pack of smokes with garfilters"

Escape From Noise

Prickly pear water is some bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Real Talk: Has anyone ever had a real, original Mexican gordita IRL? That poo poo. is. amazing.

Also, what region are they from?

They're so goddamn good.