Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RavenousScoot

Zoya posted:

also, i didn't tell anyone at my fake emails job that i was doing this, so now the countdown begins before someone figures it out and they have to decide if it's worth firing me about it lmao

foreseeing this problem in advance, and with them starting to force us to use cameras in meetings, i bought a literal greenscreen months ago and have been streaming myself through OBS into the conference software with my desk in various dystopian corners of the office building from The Stanley Parable during meetings so that no one can see the room behind me change post-move and catch on right away

:master:

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

amazing

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

sb hermit

Zoya posted:

check out my cat vibing on top of a guitar during the roadtrip and also my new, incredibly compact desk setup!

cats checked out and confirmed to be top tier

Escape From Noise

Just impressed the part-timer at work by opening a stubborn jar of olives WITH MY BARE HANDS! :c00lbutt:

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Quadramind

loosen your grip
don't squeeze
just twist

Escape From Noise

Quadramind posted:

loosen your grip
don't squeeze
just twist

I did it first try. No scope babyyyyy

Escape From Noise

I just thought it was funny

Escape From Noise

This job has given me fairly strong hands I think. At least strong enough to the point where when shitheads try that hand crush on a handshake thing I can usually reverse it on them.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

I learned a trick to just pust forway into their hand between thumb and finger. Then I ended up doing deadlifts a bunch and lots of construction. But ewe handshakes are loving gross and I just want nothing to do with them

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Dumb Sex-Parrot

Escape From Noise posted:

I did it first try. No scope babyyyyy

360?

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Escape From Noise

Yes

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

nesamdoom posted:

I learned a trick to just pust forway into their hand between thumb and finger. Then I ended up doing deadlifts a bunch and lots of construction. But ewe handshakes are loving gross and I just want nothing to do with them
This makes me imagine both people doing this as their escalation, then you sort of end up walking into the handshake, maybe jump up and put your legs around each others' waists, lock your ankles together on the other side, and straighten your legs for a torso-crushing squeeze. Maybe eventually some kissing.

Escape From Noise

I pretty much never initiate that poo poo. MAYBE as a joke thing with a very very certain kind of friend who is just like that? Hard to explain.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

roomforthetuna posted:

This makes me imagine both people doing this as their escalation, then you sort of end up walking into the handshake, maybe jump up and put your legs around each others' waists, lock your ankles together on the other side, and straighten your legs for a torso-crushing squeeze. Maybe eventually some kissing.

Less awkward than a normal handshake.

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Dumb Sex-Parrot

hell yeah

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

nesamdoom posted:

But ewe handshakes are loving gross and I just want nothing to do with them

hard agree. i usually do a little bow with a 🙏 when meeting new people and it seems to discourage most people from trying that poo poo

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
i determine a person's character by the firmness of their handshake and the flint in their eyes

Zoya

all is right with the world for Zot in the new house, now that she has regained her favorite object in the entire world -- a filthy diablo 3 beach towel from 2008 that she is absolutely obsessed with and we can never get rid of, placed on top of her personal (and partially ruined) office chair

Escape From Noise

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i determine a person's character by the firmness of their handshake and the flint in their eyes

:hai:

Escape From Noise

Finally deleted my Instagram account. I guess I'm off of any real "social media" now.

Feels pretty good.

B33rChiller

Escape From Noise posted:

This job has given me fairly strong hands I think. At least strong enough to the point where when shitheads try that hand crush on a handshake thing I can usually reverse it on them.

roomforthetuna posted:

Yeah, all this makes me think Japan had it correctly sorted with bowing. I wish that had taken over here during the plague. I don't particularly want to be expected to touch these people whom I've just met. Add on covid, and yeah, how bout a smart nod, or tip of the cap instead?
Don't want a handshake, hug, or hand job at the worksite, thanks.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Escape From Noise

B33rChiller posted:

Don't want a hand job at the worksite, thanks.

Well, if he's not having it, I will!

Zoya

B33rChiller posted:

Yeah, all this makes me think Japan had it correctly sorted with bowing.

yep. like i said,

Zoya posted:

hard agree. i usually do a little bow with a 🙏 when meeting new people and it seems to discourage most people from trying that poo poo
...you can just take up doing the same, and (most) people seem to largely respect it! it's rare for someone to stick their hand out and like insist i touch them after i do that. i spent some time in south korea many years back and just kind of accidentally picked it up as a habit since it was utterly universal there -- it's completely subconscious at this point, i just do it when thanking people, greeting, etc. it was never something i started doing intentionally, but i think it works out a lot better this way anyway

it can cause minor misconceptions, like the maintenance guy at my last place that seemed to believe i was buddhist, but... well, that's fine, buddhism is pretty cool, he can think that if he wants to

Finger Prince

When they extend a hand for a hand shake, go in with a fist bump. When they awkwardly switch to fist bump, open your palm for a high five.

xcheopis

Zoya posted:

I do a little bow (have done for years!) and can now get out of attempted handshakes by virtue arthritis'.
I don't recommend that part.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

xcheopis

I believe I have not yet mentioned today how much I love Harbor Seals. They are the best seals! One day I will be able to cuddle one, yes. Without my face being chewed off, yes.
Ringed seals are probably the perfect orbs for BYOB, though.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
you know,,, abstaining from weed after over 15 years of smoking leaves u kinda irritable the first few days after huh :ssj:

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

I'm going to install an aimbot to shoot at the 'Skip Intro' button. Hopefully I don't get banned from Prime Video.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Finger Prince posted:

When they extend a hand for a hand shake, go in with a fist bump. When they awkwardly switch to fist bump, open your palm for a high five.
This way lies the nut tap.

Goons Are Gifts

Hello hi welcome & chat, it's the middle of the night and I'm poasting as I was born to do :haibrower:

Goons Are Gifts

I have to admit, sometimes I do paint along Bob Ross and it's really fun!

Goons Are Gifts

Tea crew, what's your favorite kind of tea??

Goons Are Gifts

I am having some orange tea right now and it's quite good!

Escape From Noise

I don't really mind shaking hands. I don't know.

Escape From Noise

Goons Are Gifts posted:

Daily drink? Probably Yunnan gold leaf black tea. Also just a nice Japanese green or genmai cha.

For something fancier Tie Guan Yin?

Jinh

WAKE UP
GRAB A GOKU PUT A LITTLE MAKEUP
DRAGON BALLS THEY GIVE THE WORLD A SHAKEUP
WHY'D YOU PUT THE KRILLIN ON THE TABLE
HERE YOU GO, A SUPER SAIYAN FABLE

(u wanted to)

thanks so much cda <3

Ass-penny

hand shaking talk, I don't care for it but it's usually painless and over quick so if that's what someone is doing whatever I guess. I just try to remember I've been touching stranger's hands and be more observant about touching my face/food etc

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Goons Are Gifts posted:

buckwheat & goji berry

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

hand shaking talk, I don't care for it but it's usually painless and over quick so if that's what someone is doing whatever I guess. I just try to remember I've been touching stranger's hands and be more observant about touching my face/food etc

This finger, been in my butt. And I touch your food all day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Goons Are Gifts posted:

Ceylon