Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four

Thanks buddy! Hope you are well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Happy birthday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA3OJ8KtUCE

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
I’m a noob and so can someone tell me why we hate the coupon place?

I am a patient they.

Escape From Noise

emSparkly posted:

It's because we need a rival.

Also they're a bunch of jerks.

B33rChiller

emSparkly posted:

Because they refuse to pay full price, and we always pay full price, as is proper.
It's the least controversial/politically charged/ most benign forum for us to make up a pretend fued with

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Escape From Noise

We have always been at war with Coupons and Deals.

Quadramind

The supermarket sent me two overpriced, extremely ripe, baby avocados instead of the giant, rock solid, grown-up avocados I ordered, as, I guess, some kind of favour to me? I do not want two avocados I have to eat today and still be hungry. I want two avocados I can stalk for weeks, planning my attack and preparing my arsenal, until the perfect opportunity arrives to take them down and gorge on the bounty.

These aren't alligator pears, these are newt grapes. Get this out of here.

Finger Prince

I don't trust anyone to be able to pick out produce for me.

sb hermit

Finger Prince posted:

Twenty Four

UCB is the best, thanks!

Twenty Four

B33rChiller posted:

It's the least controversial/politically charged/ most benign forum for us to make up a pretend fued with

Goons Are Gifts

I'm thinking about fulfilling a dream I have had since I was a teenager, which as you might know was about two days ago. However, I never did it and I keep thinking about it lately, since I'm battling with health all the time anyways and I have literally everything else being more important, but exactly that is what makes it interesting for me

I'm talking tattoos and piercings! Yobbers, what's your story, history, experience, personal or no, with these things? You got some, you wanted some, you had some in the past, any regrets, any fulfilled wishes? Friends kids, family, good or bad that got good or bad ones? Anything goes!
I don't have the money for anything like that obviously any time soon, but I want to think and dream a bit and just have something superficial and something that is an investion into the future, which given my health situation is something I barely ever get to do, and that's exactly why I enjoy thinking about it! I'm only 28, I mean, I'm practically still a rebelling teenager enough to make my terribly working, ugly body a little more artistic and a little less ugly, maybe!

Ass-penny

Finger Prince posted:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have a lot of tattoos and piercings, and I also keep up my Oregon tattoo and piercing license (the gold standard in North America). I've tattooed and pierced a lot of people, including myself and my own mom and dad. The first thing you need to know:

You get what you pay for, and it is an investment in art you will wear for a very long time, even after you are dead if you opt for burial.

The next thing to know:

It does hurt, but not bad.

The third thing:

I really, really thought about my tattoos, except the first one, and that's why it's covered up with a solid black star. Never get a name tattooed on you unless you are deadly sure you won't end up hating that person.

I've posted bits of my sleeves here before, and I've posted a couple of my piercings before, but they're good. I recommend starting with earrings. Low commitment, low cost, and it's a good measure of what you can tolerate and plus, ears are accessories, decorate em.

Here is a portion of my sleeve, the bicep wrap,I did this one myself along with my late mentor, C. Ruppert:

Fair warning, it's swollen from being freshly completed immediately prior to this photo.

If you want me to link you a video in DM I can, but tattooing is kind of icky if you're not used to blood and lymph leakage (not a lot) or you have trouble with buzzing sounds or hammer sounds.

Quadramind

Goons Are Gifts posted:

I'm thinking about fulfilling a dream I have had since I was a teenager, which as you might know was about two days ago. However, I never did it and I keep thinking about it lately, since I'm battling with health all the time anyways and I have literally everything else being more important, but exactly that is what makes it interesting for me

I'm talking tattoos and piercings! Yobbers, what's your story, history, experience, personal or no, with these things? You got some, you wanted some, you had some in the past, any regrets, any fulfilled wishes? Friends kids, family, good or bad that got good or bad ones? Anything goes!
I don't have the money for anything like that obviously any time soon, but I want to think and dream a bit and just have something superficial and something that is an investion into the future, which given my health situation is something I barely ever get to do, and that's exactly why I enjoy thinking about it! I'm only 28, I mean, I'm practically still a rebelling teenager enough to make my terribly working, ugly body a little more artistic and a little less ugly, maybe!

I had snakebites when I was a youth, but they hosed my gums up.

B33rChiller

I can second the top notch advice of Randy.
I would add a little of my own experience. I had my nipple pierced, and I can tell yah the clamp they use to hold your skin hurt an awful lot more than the actual piercing itself.

Also, I got a little maple leaf over my heart, thinking I'd never have a reason to be ashamed of my country. I later learned more history, and can at least take the consolation that it's a small, easily covered symbol, and not quite a universally recognized negative connotation.

I had heard the advice of only ever tattooing the names of your children, as you might able to expect to love them forever, regardless.

Dr. Honked posted:

Finger Prince

I always thought about getting a tattoo, and even where I'd get it (inside one or both forearms), but i've never been able to think of anything I'd want indelibly marked on my skin forever. I've never had any interest in getting any kind of piercing. Got nothing against it, looks good on other people, just not something I'd want myself.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

If you do your tongue, be very careful when eating with metal balls. I've chipped teeth a bunch of times biting mine(to be fair I also bite my tongue a lot so it might be a me thing). I mostly only leave the one in that's the top of my ear, it's the easiest to not really notice. Eyebrow was annoying, but also a cat ripped it out. Tongue, despite the biting it sometimes, is by far my fave. I play with it when bored and people in waiting rooms look at me crazy for loudly clacking it on my teeth.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
B33rChiller

Every dental professional will tell you not to put metal in your mouth too. Teeth don't grow back after your second set. Broken and chipped teeth are permanent.

Dr. Honked posted:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
I've got a few piercings here and there. Some I got because I was curious about the sensation, others because I think they look great. I figure if I ever get tired of them I can just take out the jewelry and the holes will close up and leave a small scar. The only trouble I've had with healing was my helixes which took an eternity and in general took a lot of babying while they were new. No problems now.
I've thought about getting my tongue pierced, but I don't think I could stop playing with it and I'd worry it would chip my teeth.

I don't have any tattoos, and I don't think I ever will because I don't know if the things I'd like to have made in to tattoos now would be the same things I'd find appealing in 20 years time. I just feel conflicted about it.

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

There are only two piercings I don't recommend ever to anyone. The first is a surface piercing, and it's because they're not for permanent and the risk of infection is super high.

The second is your rear end in a top hat. Fuckin, don't. If I have to explain that, I can't help you.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also a daith piercing after the lobes is fun, or an industrial, or your septum, nostril, or a Medusa. All fun and classy and if you roll in circles/jobs that are Not Fun, you can hide them.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
pierce your teeth

Finger Prince

Buttchocks posted:

pierce your teeth

That's kind of just a grill

Stoner Sloth

Twenty Four posted:

Thanks! Celebrations are planned! Birthday celebrations actually, filled with drinking, but hopefully good times for all!

belated happy weed (and birth) day! hope you had a great celebration and good times!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
I've semi retired my septum since I couldn't stop poking at it.

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Goons Are Gifts

Thank you for your experiences! No worries, I am not looking at getting my tongue, my butt (which is too sacred) or something weird pierced. In terms of piercings, I am mostly interested in nose, possibly septum or one on the side, as well as various on the ear, so helix, the classic one or whatever else nice goes. Additionally I can imagine getting an eye brow and/or maybe something in the general lip area.

In terms of tattoos, I have various designs/ideas I usually made myself based on inspiration I had a long, long time ago and I would be very interested in getting those re-made by a professional. No names or people at all, just art that has accompanied me for basically my entire life and means something for me, every design I'm thinking about i was thinking about getting already at least 12 to 15 years ago when I was a young teenager, so I figured if it stuck with me until then, there's a good basis to assume it will stick with me for longer, too.
Those are all rather small, no all back things, face tattooes, or full on sleeves, rather small to medium sized things on my arms, that would also be nice to cover up some of the many deep scars I have from my mentally unstable youth and the violent history with my parents.
If I would go for something big, a sleeve or simply a relatively big one over one or both lower arms is all I'm currently looking at if I'd consider going for the maximum. I know this might and I somewhat hope will change if I get my first stuff and enjoy it and might like more, but so far, everything I'm looking at is really relatively tame and not very unusual. I care deeply about the art in those instances and what it means for me, so the focus for me is to find and get something I really want to carry with me, secondary focus is to cover up the scars of my history, and for both things I'd something beautiful and well done, that I like to both look at as well as show others.

I can imagine, beyond that, to also go for something I don't see myself, like on the back or something, but that's entirely in the future and not what I'm considering right now. I feel like I am, somewhat, running out of time to make this dream of having art on me and becoming art in a sense, for the tattoos. For piercings, well, I honestly just liked and always did like them a lot and I feel like it might look good and even more so, feel good! Or rather, feel good to look good, I if you know what I mean!

Goons Are Gifts

Also, simply said, I always found men with piercings, tattoos, but also various kinds of jewelry or accessories of whatever kind very sexy! I've never done a lot of these myself, but also always wanted to expand on it, so piercings and tattoos are a way for me to get more into this kind of stuff!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
My easiest to heal was definitely my septum piercing, it was pretty much get poked and then wait for it to stop being sore. If you go for more than one helix piercing at once get them in the same ear - I got one made in each ear at the same time and had to sleep on my back for 3 months afterwards.

and oh wow i'm sexy :blush:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Posting from Chaifetz and it's an echo chamber when it's empty.

It'll be loud later tho.

Twenty Four

Stoner Sloth posted:

belated happy weed (and birth) day! hope you had a great celebration and good times!

Thanks SS!

Luckily I toughed it out and did most of the cleanup before going to bed so today can mostly just be a take it easy day, lol.

B33rChiller

I have a Q about ear piercings. Schoolyard rumor when I was a kid was a single earing on the right was a male queer code thing. Does anybody know if there's a kernel of truth to that?
Relatedly, what might a girl with a single ring on the right be signaling?

Dr. Honked posted:

Buttchocks

get one of those nose-to-ear chains

Escape From Noise

Randy Travesty posted:

There are only two piercings I don't recommend ever to anyone. The first is a surface piercing, and it's because they're not for permanent and the risk of infection is super high.

The second is your rear end in a top hat. Fuckin, don't. If I have to explain that, I can't help you.

Buttchocks posted:

get one of those nose-to-ear chains

But don't go rear end to mouth?

Finger Prince

It just occurred to me that even if I wanted a noise ring or stud, there's no way I could have one because I blow my nose frequently and forcefully and I would definitely do myself some damage.

Buttchocks

Install drainage valves directly into your sinuses.

Escape From Noise

Sorry. Wrong thread.

baka of lathspell

coupons and deals posters don't post the way

we post

actually i've heard a zillion reasons but they boil down to we had to pick a place arbitrarily because we don't normally have wars with other subs

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

more falafel please

forums poster

Finger Prince posted:

It just occurred to me that even if I wanted a noise ring or stud, there's no way I could have one because I blow my nose frequently and forcefully and I would definitely do myself some damage.

Deion, i told you, when your allergies act up, take out your nose ring!

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

LoL Emily's shirt

Dr. Honked posted: