Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

rear end-penny posted:

nesam you have radiator heat? sometimes there's a valve at the radiator you can close so the boiler can't send water to them.

Bedroom one wouldn't budge n I'm not gonna crank on stuff I don't own, but I shut off the one downstairs and that's done a lot of good having less heat coming up the stairs. Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

nesamdoom posted:

Bedroom one wouldn't budge n I'm not gonna crank on stuff I don't own, but I shut off the one downstairs and that's done a lot of good having less heat coming up the stairs. Thanks.

:powercatte:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

I somehow ate too much somen?

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Escape From Noise posted:

I somehow ate too much somen?

Is that like spaghetti?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

B33rChiller posted:

I have a Q about ear piercings. Schoolyard rumor when I was a kid was a single earing on the right was a male queer code thing. Does anybody know if there's a kernel of truth to that?
Relatedly, what might a girl with a single ring on the right be signaling?

Not really. School rumors are usually that. It started because a magazine article published it, and then it became a fixture of certain nightclubs to see people with "the gay ear (right ear)" pierced a decade after that because of larger society making up lovely catchphrases about it I won't repeat.

Now you can be gay and not worry about your ears. What a world.

Eta: I literally didn't hear a thing about earrings after the early early 90s until Earring Magic Ken surfaced again last year over the Barbie movie. It was literally a blip of the late 70s that got simonized into the substrate of straight society trying to find a reason to ostracize people and then houses ironically picked up on it until it finally faded out.

You're better off signaling by telling people you're gay. I tell people all the time exactly how gay I am (only on my mother's side [spoiler][I'm bi that's the joke]).[/spoiler]

Randy Travesty fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 22, 2024

Escape From Noise

nesamdoom posted:

Is that like spaghetti?

Not really. Eating spaghetti makes me feel sleepy. Somen is pretty light.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

I assumed that someone saw a gay person for the first time and for whatever reason that person only had a right earring in. EXPLOSION of blanketing and suddenly a dude with only his right ear pierced is gay.
Or, maybe there was a regional thing where some people did... that's like saying because I lace shoes with both white and black laces that I'm in a gang... What loving gang double laces with white and black so they get to tie a double bow that sorta looks checkered? Maybe I'll click up if we vibe.
I hate the entirety of 'looks gay' poo poo anyways. It's as bad as any stupid way of 'them/us'ing.
I had both of mine(super questionable in rural area) and the right one never whispered in my ear to be gay. Good looking dudes that I get on with have, but it never went anywhere and it really turns out that the dumbshits spouting dumb poo poo weren't on to anything.

B33rChiller

My bullshit detector was telling me from day one to suspect what y'alls just confirmed to me.
I'm not tuned in to the othering, and not tuned in to any possibly real signals closeted folks might employ. I was more wondering if my daughter might be inadvertently signaling anything with only her right ear pierced? Only to idiots who are prone to believing bs, if anything, so that's cool.

Not gay myself, but more of an enjoyer of gay friendships and gay cultural products.
I got to use "Dad gay, so what?" sincerely with my neighbor buddy the other day. Had a little esoteric chuckle to myself over that.

Eta: I've felt most comfortable drinking in lesbian bars, as a cishet cracker. The milieu seemed to make it easier for me to believed that my (honest) interest was platonic. I just wanted to meet people, and there was less tension, when people know that I know they won't have any sexual interest in me right from the get go.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 22, 2024

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Maybe she's a pirate and she has the earring so that if she goes overboard it will pay for her funeral

B33rChiller

Ominous Jazz posted:

Maybe she's a pirate and she has the earring so that if she goes overboard it will pay for her funeral
Makes sense she'd rebel and pick a profession I have a beef with.

Dr. Honked posted:

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I've seen relatively little of Curb Your Enthusiasm compared to what's out there but I've seen enough to have a favourite bit and that's Larry lending his friend money and that friend turning around and throwing himself a lavish birthday party but not inviting him (for I forget what reason either he wouldn't fit in with the other guests or there was a limit to the number of invitations or whatever). When called out on it the person being lent money doesn't budge and insists Larry doesn't get an automatic invite since he's not actually paying for the party, he's lending the money so the birthday boy or whatever can pay off other debts and pay his living expenses that month and because of this have enough of his own money left over to throw the party.

I love it because unlike the utterly bizarre situations on that show this is something that we've probably experienced in one form or another in terms of a friend having a ridiculous line of thinking.* And it's one of few cases where Larry seems like the reasonable one at least until iirc he tries to sneak into the party on principle.

*Not a friend but a boss I had and got along with when I was a student told me one day that they didn't bring enough cash to pay me that week and they'll pay me next week. They'd always been good to me so I had no problem with this. Then next week they said they're having trouble getting cash and will try to work it out by the end of the month. End of the month comes and goes and I bring it up at the start of the next one and they're confused. 'No. I couldn't pay you. I tried but I couldn't. So... that that. If I gave you the money for last month this month, I wouldn't have enough to pay you for this month. Or I wouldn't have enough to pay for supplies. We just didn't have enough money to pay everyone last month and now we have to move on, it's a different month.' I left that job and tried to fight for my paycheque but it didn't go anywhere. Head office apologized to me a few times over the phone and told me they'll mail a cheque but never did.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 22, 2024

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

https://www.mindistortion.tv/movies/sines
no way to inline this. just please if you like cool noise and maybe wanna watch lines move about. watch. it's awesome.

E:found the youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3TKA5-q9uI

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 23, 2024

Finger Prince

I used to watch Saturday kitchen on BBC when it was hosted by James Martin when I lived over there. I always found the stuff he cooked really inspiring in that I always felt there was something on there that I could make a fair approximation of after a trip to the market. I just discovered he has his own show now, similar sort of format, and the episodes get posted on YouTube. I watched the last episode, and it inspired me to make this.

Cook down thin sliced onions (used a couple of fresh bulb type spring onions and about half a Spanish onion) for about 5 minutes, plus a few squashed garlic cloves. I used about 5. Thinly slice some potato (I used 2 peeled medium sized Yukon golds) and layer them on the onions. Then give it a good glug glug glug or more of a sweet wine, Malaga if you can get it, I couldn't so I bought some sweet black muscat from California and used that. Add some stock or water to cover the potatoes, then some thick cream. Top with thinly sliced brown mushrooms and a bit more cream to cover, then just let it simmer uncovered until the potatoes are done. If it looks like it might be reducing too much, pop a lid on it. Spoon it out and serve it with some meat or whatever you like. Or just eat it from the pan and then lick the pan.
It is so loving goooood.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

broke my phone, won't have internet unless i sort poo poo out. maybe gone awhile. have a good time until I'm round to say hi

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Finger Prince

nesamdoom posted:

broke my phone, won't have internet unless i sort poo poo out. maybe gone awhile. have a good time until I'm round to say hi

Get well soon!

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

still works as a hotspot. gently caress it, that's what it mostly is anyways.
Good morning BYOB. I'm finishing a beer from last night then lots of coffee today.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

that suit is dope as gently caress.

Goons Are Gifts

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

My easiest to heal was definitely my septum piercing, it was pretty much get poked and then wait for it to stop being sore. If you go for more than one helix piercing at once get them in the same ear - I got one made in each ear at the same time and had to sleep on my back for 3 months afterwards.

and oh wow i'm sexy :blush:

Extremely sexy imo, I love exactly that kind of piercings and I dream of finally making that a reality for me, too, as soon as I'm able! :heysexy:

Goons Are Gifts

Also in regards to ear rings for gays, when I had my coming out as(s) teenager and I finally attended the obligatory gay school where we learn how to be gay and how to make our extremely conscious decision as effectful and lasting as possible, I learned that ear rings can be gay, if, in fact, they are on a gay. If a person does not have an ear ring, like myself for now, they still might be gay, but if they do have an ear ring, I can guarantee that the person in question might be gay, or not!

I hope that clears it up, I know we have so many gay rules and gay accessoires, it's confusing, but at least in this case it's very clear

Goons Are Gifts

Everyone asks about the wearer of ear rings to be gay, but I rather wonder if the ear ring itself might be gay, and if it wants to go out with my hopefully soon to come septum... :gay:

B33rChiller

My nipple ring and nipple are supportive of your piercing, regardless of the piercing's orientation and/or preferences.

Why didn't anybody tell me about gay school?
I mean, in my younger days, while learning more about who I am, I had questions and curiosity. If I'm honest, I still do, but have a better understanding of my own sexuality than in earlier days. Some schooling might have helped. Had to friggin learn this through denial and error.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 23, 2024

Dr. Honked posted:

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Does gay school allow auditing classes?

Twenty Four

Goons Are Gifts posted:

I learned that ear rings can be gay, if, in fact, they are on a gay. If a person does not have an ear ring, like myself for now, they still might be gay, but if they do have an ear ring, I can guarantee that the person in question might be gay, or not!

Goons Are Gifts posted:

Everyone asks about the wearer of ear rings to be gay, but I rather wonder if the ear ring itself might be gay, and if it wants to go out with my hopefully soon to come septum... :gay:

Also, someone can have a gay earing, like the gayest imaginable earing cranked up to 11, but they themselves not be gay. Just the earing, the person wearing it doesn't even have a choice in the matter or anything, it's just how it is.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I got an earring and went to pirate school instead. YARRR!

Finger Prince

Buttchocks posted:

Butt pirate school.

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Finger Prince posted:

Butt pirate school.

your dad is earning his phd* at butt pirate school. i'm the professor and he's putting in the work

*pretty huge di

Twenty Four

Buttchocks posted:

Signing your kid up for private school, accidentally sending them to pirate school instead.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
great, now we have to sing a patter song

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!

nesamdoom posted:

that suit is dope as gently caress.

Gray is such a nice color

I am a patient they.

baka of lathspell

emSparkly posted:

Gray is such a nice color

its the best

though *checks increasingly complicated notes on how to spell things because of which country i'm in* i have to spell it grey. Oh god. well anyway its not british spelling its totally just spelling made up by brits.

(i like grey better though sometimes it's a severe e)

i don't feel i normally need to talk about this because language is like nationalism and every time i throw down a u i feel like im standing up for whatever our heritage is here which is like being the you but not you of the world. because america is the world and we think so. but it seemed interesting to me & i will never refer to it again

but half my outfits are grey

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

xcheopis

Nice show of force on the Harbor Seal haul-out beach! Pups are getting bigger but still hang about with mom and the males are starting to sidle over for occasional attempts at picking up a female. She's napping while her baby nurses, buddy, back off.
It's fun to watch the pups as the waves move in and out, as they aren't yet used to tides ('help me! oh"). Not as fun as watching 2+-ton marine mammals start up from their sleep and bellow at the sky in outrage because of a sudden downpour, of course, but still amusing.

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 23, 2024

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

baka of lathspell

that sounds dope. seals are great.

i tried to go outside today but panic attack/went home before i made it anywhere interesting

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Finger Prince

Why tf are plant pots so goddamned expensive? It's just an injection molded piece of plastic it should not cost $15+ for a single one. I got a lot of tomatoes to transplant!

Finger Prince

Meanwhile, 5 gallon buckets in the paint section are 5 bucks a pop.

RavenousScoot

baka of lathspell posted:

its the best

though *checks increasingly complicated notes on how to spell things because of which country i'm in* i have to spell it grey. Oh god. well anyway its not british spelling its totally just spelling made up by brits.

(i like grey better though sometimes it's a severe e)

i don't feel i normally need to talk about this because language is like nationalism and every time i throw down a u i feel like im standing up for whatever our heritage is here which is like being the you but not you of the world. because america is the world and we think so. but it seemed interesting to me & i will never refer to it again

but half my outfits are grey

looked through my texts, apparently I use grey even though I'm in americaland but don't think about it
I use theatre or centre on purpose bc they look more fun (if I remember to)
colour is just wrong though

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
Twenty Four

Finger Prince posted:

Why tf are plant pots so goddamned expensive? It's just an injection molded piece of plastic it should not cost $15+ for a single one. I got a lot of tomatoes to transplant!

Finger Prince posted:

Meanwhile, 5 gallon buckets in the paint section are 5 bucks a pop.

Imagine using plant pots as paint buckets just because like some kind of rich rear end in a top hat.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

I like Brit spelling. Litre looks better than liter. And U belongs in everythiung.

RavenousScoot

that sounds dope. seals are great.

i tried to go outside today but panic attack/went home before i made it anywhere interesting

also panic attacks aren't fun, I hope you're feeling better, homie

RavenousScoot fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 23, 2024

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
baka of lathspell

im better but i had to go home and get stoned first

i'm interested in whatever we're doing that differentiates us from brit spelling as that would be the only thing that gives substance to :canada: english or like irish english or whatever english being an actual setting on my keyboard

but not that interested usually but i wonder if it influences how we think about things as well

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

im better but i had to go home and get stoned first

i'm interested in whatever we're doing that differentiates us from brit spelling as that would be the only thing that gives substance to :canada: english or like irish english or whatever english being an actual setting on my keyboard

but not that interested usually but i wonder if it influences how we think about things as well
I think the keyboard layouts differ and not necessarily the characters you might type. British English does have some legit differences too (currency-pound-sign on the 3, so then the # ends up somewhere else), but for Canada I would expect it's just some sort of slightly difference convention like displacing some of the symbols on the key to the left of 1 to somewhere else, but all the available characters are the same.