Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Visions of Valerie

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Zoya posted:

anyway for curiosity's sake and also cuz it whips rear end here's the knife i made:

... accidentally drafted this post rather than posting it several hours ago, whoops ...

that's a cool knife!

I took an intro blacksmithing class yesterday and it was pretty fun. just made an S-hook though - nothing as ambitious as a knife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Lol. My dad is listening to bluegrass.

He just prepared a bunch of pork shoulder for al pastor for a BBQ tomorrow.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

B33rChiller

Good points, Zoya.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
cruft

Escape From Noise posted:

Lol. My dad is listening to bluegrass.

Ms Cruft is coming with me on a work trip to Knoxville. We discovered last night that Nickel Creek happens to be performing while we're there. :iia:

cruft

B33rChiller posted:

Good points, Zoya.

I see what you did there

Escape From Noise posted:

He just prepared a bunch of pork shoulder for al pastor for a BBQ tomorrow.

Pork Al Pastor? Or did you typo "for a pastor"? Or is it for a pastor named Albert? :ohdear:

cruft

Yesterday's gift card rant has caused me to finally go through this pile of gift cards by the front door. The idea was, I think, that we'd grab them on the way out, thinking "yes, I will take this card with somewhere between $1 and $500 as I go to this establishment". In reality, it's the place gift cards go to be forgotten.

Step 1: check the balance. You go to target.com/checkbalance and a little form pops up asking you to enter the card number and access number. About 2 seconds later, it auto-redirects to a login page. Apparently I have to create an account in order to check the balance on this card. Grr.

Step 2: Now that I've signed in, they want me to join something called "Target Circle". I'm pretty sure I just want to check my balance, so I click the small nearly-gray "don't join" button

Step 3: They want me to set up a passkey. As a computer security person, I'm okay with this one. I did it.

Step 4: I can finally enter something into the form! Hooray! There is money on this card, still. Looks like it's never been used.

Now I have to buy something from Target. Any suggestions? I think the last time I've been in a Target was 4 years ago.

cruft

Ooh they have a nice looking point and shoot camera for $6,849.95

cruft

Not to beat a dead horse about this, but I've been eyeing a camera upgrade for a few months now, and the amount of this gift card is something I would honestly love putting toward a nice point-and-shoot at B&H, it would cut enough off the price that I'd be happy to spend the rest. Right now, it's priced out of reach.

Target doesn't have a camera I'm interested in, but I'm locked into spending this money at their store, so I have to keep hunting around for some stupid crap that wouldn't be just pissing money away.

Sigh.

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
whatcha looking for crufty

cruft

I asked if I could donate it to the GBS goon fund. Tooling around target.com with the goal of pissing away money feels horrible.

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
target has groceries and a several thousand dollar gift card can go a LONG way

cruft

Ominous Jazz posted:

target has groceries and a several thousand dollar gift card can go a LONG way

It's nowhere near several thousand dollars, LOL. We're in like plush stuffed animal territory here.

If someone gave me a $6,849.95 Target gift card, I might literally yell at them.

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
i've been tricked :(

cruft

So how's everybody doing today?

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
good my cats were very affectionate this and it made leaving for work difficult. it's dead quiet today so i'm just COMFY

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

The Assassination of Jesse Cruft by the Coward Robert $6,849.95 Gift Card

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

more falafel please

forums poster

Zoya posted:

these are neat as a concept, but if you give this to someone with lovely executive function skills, be aware of the very real possibility that they stick the certificate on their fridge and then it sits there for 2 years and ends up never used or invalid

my mom sent me a similar thing for a knife-forging class, which i went and did and it was very cool! so she took that as encouragement and proceeded to gift both my partner and i certificates for a glass-blowing class ... which, yeah, they were still on the fridge when we last moved, long gone now, rip

anyway for curiosity's sake and also cuz it whips rear end here's the knife i made:

... accidentally drafted this post rather than posting it several hours ago, whoops ...

sick knife

i've "made" a knife from a kit before, but basically that's just assembling a knife and making/shaping the scales

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Zoya posted:

The Assassination of Jesse Cruft by the Coward Robert $6,849.95 Gift Card

I don't know why this is the funniest thing I've read all day, but it is, and no I will not stop witch cackling in the lobby of this Four Seasons and I do not care which rich person it pisses off.

Escape From Noise

I asked the people at the weed store what weed would be good for a BBQ at my dad's. They suggested Green Crack of Flipper. Obviously, I went with Flipper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpUufEMnU3w

sb hermit

cruft posted:

It's nowhere near several thousand dollars, LOL. We're in like plush stuffed animal territory here.

If someone gave me a $6,849.95 Target gift card, I might literally yell at them.

maybe see if you can mail it to a local food bank and then write it off on your taxes?

I am not a tax expert.

cruft

sb hermit posted:

local food bank

this is precisely what I did with it.

Great minds think alike! And so do ours!

sb hermit

cruft posted:

this is precisely what I did with it.

Great minds think alike! And so do ours!

:hfive:

Finger Prince

Sick day. Nearly had to go in to work, but thankfully boss found cover. Spent half of last night coughing my lungs out. Two covid tests negative, so it's some other lurgie. Going to go back to bed and try to nap for a bit, then hydrate, eat some soup for lunch and play final fantasy all day.

B33rChiller

Finger Prince posted:

Sick day. Nearly had to go in to work, but thankfully boss found cover. Spent half of last night coughing my lungs out. Two covid tests negative, so it's some other lurgie. Going to go back to bed and try to nap for a bit, then hydrate, eat some soup for lunch and play final fantasy all day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MuMYT4oFco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfcllcQoJDU

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 30, 2024

Dr. Honked posted:

Ass-penny

Zoya posted:

these are neat as a concept, but if you give this to someone with lovely executive function skills, be aware of the very real possibility that they stick the certificate on their fridge and then it sits there for 2 years and ends up never used or invalid

my mom sent me a similar thing for a knife-forging class, which i went and did and it was very cool! so she took that as encouragement and proceeded to gift both my partner and i certificates for a glass-blowing class ... which, yeah, they were still on the fridge when we last moved, long gone now, rip

this is awesome. thank you for posting.

cruft, my target story is that I bought a Mr. Coffee and a floor lamp there when my roommate moved out, they asked if I wanted to get some kind of coverage plan in place to replace them if something happened. who in the gently caress is insuring a >30$ coffee pot?

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
In my experience, Target gift cards are most useful for people with babies and/or toddlers. They've got the big boxes of diapers and clothes that are just cheap enough you won't mind the inevitable stains.

Escape From Noise

B33rChiller posted:

Throw in a couple fingers of nintendo games, and it's a deal

Lol. It's also the only industry where I've seen the unit hectalitres used. Legit SI unit, but weird nonetheless. No, not cubic meters or straight litres. It needs a hecta prefix to be special.

Weirdly enough, I don't hear hectoliter often in Japanese. Most just say 500, 1,000

baka of lathspell

Finger Prince posted:

final fantasy is amazing rn. i cant wait to get a chance to play it more

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I’ve been alternating between suzerain and baldurs gate 3 lately

B33rChiller

Snowrunner all the way. Chill truckin in the mud and snow. Going for a drive in the mountains, and lol, oops, rolling down a cliff face.

And a bunch of shoot em ups. I am mediocre at best when it comes to shmups, but I've been hooked since I was little. I freaking love flying little spaceships / witches / dogs / cats / whatever the theme is, and shooting lots of other spaceships.
No plot necessary. Just pure gaming.

Dr. Honked posted:

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

I haven't tried Snowrunner yet, but I'm a veteran at failing missions in Spintires and Mudrunner. I can get anything stuck somewhere.

I just found out about Goat Simulator 3 and bought a copy to play with my kid. We put half a day into it yesterday and it was quite a lot of fun. He's super happy we can play together now.

Speaking of the little jerk, I told him I love him and he replied "Blah blah blah, pththth you farted" and I'm so proud of him.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
B33rChiller

Ppppffft, you farted too pal.
:glomp:

Dr. Honked posted:

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

B33rChiller posted:

Snowrunner all the way. Chill truckin in the mud and snow. Going for a drive in the mountains, and lol, oops, rolling down a cliff face.

And a bunch of shoot em ups. I am mediocre at best when it comes to shmups, but I've been hooked since I was little. I freaking love flying little spaceships / witches / dogs / cats / whatever the theme is, and shooting lots of other spaceships.
No plot necessary. Just pure gaming.

try ZeroRanger if you've never played it

so... so loving good

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Zeroranger owns
I also like crimzonclover

Some of the touhou games from like 15 years ago are pretty trance inducing but I haven't played newer ones

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

B33rChiller

https://www.youtube.com/live/LzjYugN2ajE?si=487AXy1GTNeZYvSh

I clicked a live button in youtube and it showed me baby monkeys getting a bath!

Dr. Honked posted:

RavenousScoot

doodies

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Sarah Cenia posted:

Zeroranger owns
I also like crimzonclover

Some of the touhou games from like 15 years ago are pretty trance inducing but I haven't played newer ones

only tangentially related but i got this stuck in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFQ1nrlCtyY

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Ass-penny

always good to see another Oddworld fan :respek:

baka of lathspell

cool poo poo :)

rear end-penny posted:

always good to see another Oddworld fan :respek:

never played looks like a cool series though