Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller

roomforthetuna posted:

I think the keyboard layouts differ and not necessarily the characters you might type. British English does have some legit differences too (currency-pound-sign on the 3, so then the # ends up somewhere else), but for Canada I would expect it's just some sort of slightly difference convention like displacing some of the symbols on the key to the left of 1 to somewhere else, but all the available characters are the same.
More the dictionary than keyboard layout, really. Spell check doesn't trip up on cheque or toque or colour if set to canuck

We do a hybrid setup
Go to the tire centre and get some new rubber.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

B33rChiller posted:

More the dictionary than keyboard layout, really. Spell check doesn't trip up on cheque or toque or colour if set to canuck
Ah, I'm an old man with an actual computer so when someone says keyboard setup I think it's about configuring the behavior of an actual keyboard, but I guess these days keyboard setup probably means a phone thing that encompasses the whole language mess and autocomplete settings and all that.

sb hermit

B33rChiller posted:

We do a hybrid setup
Go to the tire centre and get some new rubber.

there’s another spelling for toque???

B33rChiller

Yeah, "beanie"

Dr. Honked posted:

alnilam

Since learning a few years ago about the word toque I've wondered how it's pronounced, is it french-ish like "toke" or spanish-ish like "to-kay" or english-ish like "toe-kway" or wat

ty manifisto

Escape From Noise

To que or not to que...

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Finger Prince

alnilam posted:

Since learning a few years ago about the word toque I've wondered how it's pronounced, is it french-ish like "toke" or spanish-ish like "to-kay" or english-ish like "toe-kway" or wat

Imagine Gandalf saying "fool of a Took", only he's Canadian.

more falafel please

forums poster

roomforthetuna posted:

Ah, I'm an old man with an actual computer so when someone says keyboard setup I think it's about configuring the behavior of an actual keyboard, but I guess these days keyboard setup probably means a phone thing that encompasses the whole language mess and autocomplete settings and all that.

there very much are different keyboard layouts for PCs. both in terms of the labels on the keycaps and the way they're interpreted in software. you could change your layout to UK english and see for yourself

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

alnilam posted:

It's pronounced like quiche, but with a 'T' at the front.

Escape From Noise

Buttchocks posted:

It's pronounced like quiche, but with a 'T' at the front.

Crazy Tiche?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbZAAr1NHFU

B33rChiller

alnilam posted:

The syllable "2" with a k consonant sound to finish. Only one syllable in total.
https://voca.ro/1fqDLRJCCNPh

Dr. Honked posted:

Finger Prince

See also: the first syllable of the last name of former Olympic gold medal winning swimmer and host of the popular TV show 'How It's Made', Mark Tewksbury.

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

See also: the first syllable of the last name of former Olympic gold medal winning swimmer and host of the popular TV show 'How It's Made', Mark Tewksbury.

I'd like to see the Canadian version!

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Goons Are Gifts

Tomorrow morning I'm gonna go to the hospital again, I've been told it might be longer this time, maybe up to six or seven weeks if stuff doesn't work out well, but it could as well just be three or four weeks at most, but that's also around the minimum

So, once again, for to paaaaaack and it's very exhausting and annoying but ultimately it will help, I assume, we also have a probably to happen surgery scheduled which, again, is a rather dangerous one. Not because it's that unusual, but because the last three surgeries I had major complications and ended up in a multi-day coma for no visible or solvable reason, but I also woke up from that equally surprisingly.

Soooo, lots of question marks and hopes and "let's see"s, and I'm not super thrilled about any of this, but I also don't really have a choice, so, welp!
I'm gonna be posting still and got my phone and my drawing tablet with me and I'm taking a ton of paint and brushes and pencils, too, so I plan to create a LOT of art again, maybe even more than usual!
Hospital time traditionally is a very artistic productive time for me, and I want to keep that up, now with all my new fancy stuff to create amazing stuffs and I'm excited!

I won't be able to play video games with my goon friends for a while and that makes me extremely sad, but I hope I can keep in touch anyways. If you like, wish me luck, friends, I'm gonna need it this time maybe a bit more than before! :glomp:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Good luck, GAG. Keep arting and posting when you can. Also :butts:

B33rChiller

Subscribed for good vibes and arts while this hospital trip sets you up for success, Herr Great!

Dr. Honked posted:

xcheopis

Best wishes for you, GaG!

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Goons Are Gifts posted:

If you like, wish me luck, friends, I'm gonna need it this time maybe a bit more than before! :glomp:

I do wish you luck, but I also know you got this. You're a survivor. :hai:

Best wishes!

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

alnilam

Best wishes GaG :glomp:

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Wishing you the best. Don't forget your customer loyalty punch card for a free bag of saline.

RavenousScoot

Cheering you on, sooner than we know you'll be back and better and bootier than ever

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
sb hermit

Goons Are Gifts posted:

If you like, wish me luck, friends, I'm gonna need it this time maybe a bit more than before! :glomp:

Good luck!

Twenty Four

Best of luck my friend, I wish the best for you!

Ass-penny

yoooo I wish you the best of luck in your ongoing medical crisis GaG

Ass-penny

hey friends, I'm going to a wedding Saturday, that suggests wearing cocktail attire. I am an uncultured philistine, what does that actually mean? can I just wear jeans and maybe like a button up shirt with nothing printed on it?

Finger Prince

rear end-penny posted:

hey friends, I'm going to a wedding Saturday, that suggests wearing cocktail attire. I am an uncultured philistine, what does that actually mean? can I just wear jeans and maybe like a button up shirt with nothing printed on it?

Play it safe and dress for a Tiki bar.

Ass-penny

can't speak for the happy couple but I'm not super into cultural appropriation fp

Finger Prince

rear end-penny posted:

can't speak for the happy couple but I'm not super into cultural appropriation fp

Californian culture isn't sacrosanct, unless I missed the memo.

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

Californian culture isn't sacrosanct, unless I missed the memo.

Check your spam folder. Went out last week.

deep dish peat moss

Cocktail attire is when you dress like a shrimp

B33rChiller

In any case, you should probably make yourself a comically tall top hat out of construction paper. Class the joint up a little. Maybe a silk sash and a cape?

Don't forget your dapper cane and monocle.

Dr. Honked posted:

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

more falafel please posted:

there very much are different keyboard layouts for PCs. both in terms of the labels on the keycaps and the way they're interpreted in software. you could change your layout to UK english and see for yourself
Lol yes I know that's what I was saying in the first place then someone else was like "nah the regional setting is about spellings and poo poo" and I realized I might have been talking at cross-purposes with what the original person I had been responding to meant.

B33rChiller

I was also thinking Canadian vs US English. There really isn't much difference in the actual key layout in that case. The England English layout has different stuff like currency symbols, and quotation marks.

Dr. Honked posted:

baka of lathspell

gl GAG

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I have faith in you GaG you got this

Escape From Noise

Best of luck GaG. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Prof. Crocodile

Goons Are Gifts posted:

All the best vibes to you GaG. :glomp:

Finger Prince

I woke up at like 4:30 twisting my sheets in knots and couldn't get back to sleep, and now it's 20 minutes until my alarm, so I might as well get up and turn on the coffee and have a shower. Today is gonna draaaaaaag.

Finger Prince

The other week I ran out of Q-tips, so I went to the store and bought another 500 count box of them. It occurred to me that I might actually end up moving with this box. I don't have plans to move, but I know I'll be making them in the next year or two. If I use one a day, and I spend a good third+ of a year not at home, yeah, probably. I wonder if you get to an age eventually where you run out of Q-tips and are like... Do I just get the 200 pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
i don't want to get to an age where i have to think that i have less than 200 days to live that's scary