Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

rear end-penny posted:

hey friends, I'm going to a wedding Saturday, that suggests wearing cocktail attire. I am an uncultured philistine, what does that actually mean? can I just wear jeans and maybe like a button up shirt with nothing printed on it?

Play it safe and dress for a Tiki bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

rear end-penny posted:

can't speak for the happy couple but I'm not super into cultural appropriation fp

Californian culture isn't sacrosanct, unless I missed the memo.

Finger Prince

I woke up at like 4:30 twisting my sheets in knots and couldn't get back to sleep, and now it's 20 minutes until my alarm, so I might as well get up and turn on the coffee and have a shower. Today is gonna draaaaaaag.

Finger Prince

The other week I ran out of Q-tips, so I went to the store and bought another 500 count box of them. It occurred to me that I might actually end up moving with this box. I don't have plans to move, but I know I'll be making them in the next year or two. If I use one a day, and I spend a good third+ of a year not at home, yeah, probably. I wonder if you get to an age eventually where you run out of Q-tips and are like... Do I just get the 200 pack?

Finger Prince

Measuring your mortality in cotton swabs.

Finger Prince

Rosenquacks and Billdenstern

Finger Prince

They get so worked up about cleaning your earholes with a cotton swab, but hey go ahead and poke yourself in the eyeball with this floppy bit of plastic every day so you can see a bit better. Go ahead and stuff a giant Q-tip in your vag every month. Shove a dildo up your rear end? Sure, just wash it after. Pierce whatever you like, make new earholes and stick metal in them. But we don't trust you to be able to gently clean your ears without accidentally stabbing your brain.

Finger Prince

You just gotta live your life one q-tip at a time.

Finger Prince

https://i.imgur.com/aaEX8OZ.mp4

Finger Prince

Goons Are Gifts posted:

While dealing with my health stuff in hospital, I inevitably have to also deal with rather unusual things for people my age, like my last will and such. Funnily, I have found a service that offers to yeet your ashen remains as high as the loving moon, or to become a little shooting star of debris one day or even become an pretty much eternal memorial in deep space for prices that are high, but, like, not beyond imagination, weirdly.

I get the idea of becoming part of space and for all eternity to stumble through the infinite void, but I do not understand what the hell a fun short space flight experience where you end up back on earth after your corpse had some fun is for tbh

Either way, there's fun ways to take care of your remains, but this is certainly something.
Space trash in low orbit is a huge problem btw thanks to people like Musk making GBS threads up the orbit with trash, so better don't become part of that

drat, that's cool! I always dreamed that when my time is up, there'd be a way to fire my corpse into the sun, or launch it to space and have the ashes burn up in the atmosphere. Life to me is like one of those signs in natural parks and such. Take only pictures, leave only posts on dead gay forums. Crime spoiler: (sometimes I steal small rocks though)

Finger Prince

rear end-penny posted:

the gently caress is a massage apartment?

A happy end-unit

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 28, 2024

Finger Prince

How come ounces can be a measure of weight and a measure of volume? Why aren't there fluid pounds then?

Finger Prince

I've caught myself, and others, saying 'guh-noo' as a contraction of 'going to' lately. I'm guessing this is a Canadian accent thing. Anyway it's something I noticed, because you typically write it as 'gonna', but in practice it turns out we actually pronounce it as guhnoo (sort of like canoe). The 'oo' sound is made with the tongue and comes from more the back of the mouth, rather than making an 'oo' shape with your lips. It kind of makes sense, because it retains the oo sound of to.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 28, 2024

Finger Prince

baka of lathspell posted:

havent heard this in ontario yet, unironically cant wait for it to be all around me and then to have my voice be subsumed within yet another canadian accent trend as i start saying it that way also

e: in ontario we see a cool way of saying something that probably the maritimes or quebec made up and are like, no we should be saying it that way

It could be a west coast thing that I picked up since moving here that hasn't made it past the rockies yet. People do tend to have stronger accents out here than in Ontario.

https://voca.ro/1g0sMClc9ceq

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 28, 2024

Finger Prince

I'm more a fan of the coarser arts.

Finger Prince

nesamdoom posted:

Do curved monitors actually matter? I can't understand how they would unless its a really wide screen.

I think they're kind of gimmicky until you get to the really really wide ones that are like 34-48"

Finger Prince

Goons Are Gifts posted:

It's weird how much a silly gay dead community can make life better, isn't it!

How are your plans for the day? What's for the next meal?? Lunch, dinner, what are your plans, tell me!! :peanut:

Good to hear from you! I think everyone could benefit from a few days of anesthetized sleep, myself included. I'm visiting my mom rn and the spare room doesn't really get dark, and I didn't bring an eye mask, so when the sun wakes up at 6am, so do I. I'm not sure what I'm having for lunch or dinner yet.

Finger Prince

I keep seeing those honey dijon flavor kettle chips in the store. Is it just me or does Honey Dijon sound like a drag name?

Finger Prince

I'm thinking of getting some Indian for dinner. Question is what do I want.
Maybe some Dal makhani and some onion bhajis?
A prawn biryani? They have goat, but it's bone-in, and in not big on the bone tbh.
Madras? I haven't had a Rogan josh in a while...

Finger Prince

more falafel please posted:

BUH-TTER CHICK-EN 👏👏 👏👏👏

Chicken in rosé sauce? Nah, not in the mood for Italian.

Finger Prince

🤔

They have aloo gobi and aloo mutter, and eggplant bharta which looks good but is more like mashed eggplant, but not potato and eggplant. But that does sound good.

Finger Prince

Escape From Noise posted:

It's also pretty easy to make IME

I'm visiting my mom rn, so I'm pretty limited on what I can cook myself.

Finger Prince

I'm gonna try that eggplant dish. It sounds really good. Getting it with some rice and paratha.

Finger Prince

Trip report: eggplant was a bit one-note. Not bad, but could be better.

Finger Prince

I could kill for a slice of pizza, but it's not pizza o'clock yet.

Finger Prince

By the time I get my poo poo together it'll be getting close.

Finger Prince

nesamdoom posted:

Better than getting your poo poo together too late. I could prob go for some stuffed crust pepp for dinner, might need to get that figured out.

🍕:respek:🍕

Finger Prince

Capers
Roasted garlic
Fennel sausage
Pepperoni
Arugula

Finger Prince

Now that is a treat for the mouth.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 3, 2024

Finger Prince

I'm kind of surprised more people don't steal yachts. It's not like there's boat cops checking boat registrations.

Finger Prince

Hello and chat, I was watching Seinfeld and now am watching the Simpsons in a hotel room. This is the first time I've been back to Toronto since I left over 2 years ago. Strong feelings flying in and seeing the familiar scenery but feeling so good now I'm here. Walked up to my hotel from the train station with a smile on my face. Nearly got driven over crossing the street and thought God I missed this place. Beautiful spring evening.

Finger Prince

This is the first time I've watched TV with commercials in forever. There's a bank ad where this zookeeper/animal educator type character is standing next to a blue and gold macaw, and in his little intro he refers to it as a parrot, like he's explaining to a small crowd of people about parrots. How do they get this poo poo wrong. This is the second largest bank in Canada.

Finger Prince

Crows are cool, but also will eat other bird's eggs and/or babies, which is a bit rude. So smaller birds don't like crows much, but all birds will chase hawks like they owe them money.

Finger Prince

B33rChiller posted:

Nah, these ones go dahdooot doot, not coo coo.

The most annoying of dove species. They also go Fneeeaahhh when they land.
I don't remember seeing mourning doves much out here. I'm guessing they aren't as common like they are back east.

Finger Prince

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i'll take these guys over the common wood pigeon every day

I won't hear a bad word spoken about the humble wood pigeon.

Finger Prince

xcheopis posted:

Humble? I've heard they're pretty cocky.

Never! They are gentle denizens of the wood.

Finger Prince

Goons Are Gifts posted:

So Hawks are the bankers of the birb world??

No, crows are the debt collectors and hawks are the deadbeats who borrowed money to bet at the dog track.

Finger Prince

Pelicans are the bankers, I think. Let me check my Sibleys guide.

Finger Prince

Apparently there's some really awesome space weather happening in Europe right now. Hoping it stays being awesome for another 5-6 hours, and is visible on this side or the world, so I can go check it out when it gets dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince