Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

Welcome to BYOB 8.2! :w2byob:

If you are a lurker, please post ITT and say hello.
You can evven post your own whole new thread if you want. We're not as strict as some of the grey forums, you won't get in trouble if you post a new thread that isn't good. It might get gassed though. Don't take it personally if it gets gassed, it happens all the time even to good threads and good posters!

e: see duckie's rules thread

well I think that's it let the procession of byob regulars pretending to be lurkers begin!

e2: this is in the rules thread too (whichi you should read!!) but in case you miss it, here is a thing to enhance your byobrowsing experience, if you want :)

Jaded Burnout posted:

My good friends.

The loss of the Rotating Images from BYOB triggered a bout of introspection in the chat thread, among other emotions. Various suggestions for Alternate Fun Modifications appeared, along with some plaintive cries for the return of The Spin.

Well wait no more. I have created a Chrome extension/Firefox addon which can provide a configurable set of CSS mods to the bee why oh bee, so you can choose how to personalise your own Chill Experience.

Rules: same as rules thread, also be chill lest u be probed

Somebody fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

why hello there stranger, nice to see you here, welcome! let me know if you have any questions

ty manifisto

alnilam

cats vs dogs is a trick question to which the only correct answer is "both"

alnilam

bog pixie posted:

i found out yesterday that a big paranormal thing is finding toads inside rocks lol

Honestly I'd be pretty spooked if I broke open a rock and there was a toad inside

alnilam

Please do not post baby pictures of me without permission ty

alnilam

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

i don't have many talents except i cook food ok, i made this for a lady on saturday:

it is digby scallops seared in brown butter in a maple bacon cup on lemon risotto.

also i am good at both spoiling and harassing my cats if that counts.

status_surge your cat is an adorable floof

yumm

and hello!!

alnilam

I can help you with the first part :evilbuddy:

alnilam

byob 8.2: SA's open mic night

alnilam

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

your story is good but i am not posting in your thread so as not to lower the tone. looking forward to more stories.

alnilam

Hi! You've got a really good name :3:

just hang around and make fun posts or enjoy the fun posts of others, and be nice to people. it really is that simple!

alnilam

I coffee :regd09: on

alnilam

electronic music teddy bears are the top issue in this year's election

alnilam

Doc Friday posted:

I suppose I ought to be posting more often.

Bad Seafood posted:

What are the haps.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Does the thread rule apply to mod lurkers? Murkers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkFM7CRMHXY

hi new freinds!

alhazred, i should point out that not liking physics is a permabannable offense, but i'll assume that some meanie bought that av for you

ty manifisto

alnilam

that's a ban

alnilam

I make big 3d maps of tiny porous materials

alnilam

ChairmanMeow posted:

I have nice hair

it's true

alnilam

super mario batali posted:

as a general rule its a bad idea to back seat mod

this, especially when you do it multiple times in multiple threads

You have been heard, now please leave it, you're making some good posts out there

alnilam

Don't worry, when they die google will host the email servers out of charity

alnilam

does anyone have the ultra high def hammock catte on hand? I think treasure bear originally posted and then transparemted it?

alnilam

Don't do this pedantra

alnilam

okay

alnilam

an astute observation

alnilam

alnilam posted:

does anyone have the ultra high def hammock catte on hand? I think treasure bear originally posted and then transparemted it?

alnilam

We have major posting quotas to meet and while this isn't a drug free workplace per se there are limits that we ask you observe moving forward for the good of the company and creative collaborative synergy

alnilam

Post about it in the movies you recently saw thread e: if you want

alnilam

there's one somewhere around here, i sorta invented it

alnilam

Lurkers please tell us about your cool pets, or one interesting hobby you do

alnilam

Shampoo posted:

I'm a terrible photographer! That's how I got my red text, I "won" a contest in the Dorkroom. I might be terrible, but I still have fun.

It's most important to enjoy yourself, and also photography (even bad) is a great excuse to go explore new places and things

alnilam

omg it's like when the scooby doo gang peeks their heads around a corner all in a row :kimchi:

alnilam

treasure bear posted:

minth is the name of the new idea im working on

i minth this

alnilam

tao of lmao posted:

cool double post

absolutely

alnilam

I'm fading out... I feel weak.....

alnilam

With my IK power crystal gone, this thread is my last link to the mortal realm... please come help me restore my vitality, lurkers

Restore alnilam's VITALITY score by activating your "Posting" skill

alnilam

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

(for your skeleton that is)

I was saving this for Halloween but maybe it's time...

alnilam

MrWillsauce posted:

By the power of the wednesday frog meme I shall summon back alnilam from the dark abyss to which he has been cast. When the stars align in that wednesday sky, with the arcane force of the meme geometer shall I rend the veil asunder and from the stygian pits our lord will arise again. And we shall all know the wrath of the true idiot king.

tfw

from the darkening sky, you hear a booming voice

IT'S WEDNESDAY, MY DUDES

alnilam

MrWillsauce posted:

the world ends not with a bang, but with a wednesday

alnilam

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I have a Bichon who I think has some terrier mixed in his genetics. Hobbies include CSGO, posting on SomethingAwful, Goontube, and going to the bar and socializing.

What's your fave bevvie?

alnilam

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I like craft IPAs like Rheingheist Truth, Dogfish 60 Minute IPA, and my favorite Bourbon Whiskey is Woodford Reserve. I like to drink tallboys of PBR if I'm just trying to get drunk.

I like this guy/gal

alnilam

Piso Mojado posted:

hey alnilam are you going to make a thread or at least bring up your cool, recent trip. it looked rad af, and I want to hear more about it.

I'm still on it but yeah, puerto rico is v cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

MrWillsauce posted:

but that's like four hundred times you don't have to wander aimlessly through the world and get depressed and eventually wither and die. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

It's like rerolling your character a bunch instead of playing 400 games with bad stats