Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

Best wishes GaG :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Finger Prince posted:

The other week I ran out of Q-tips, so I went to the store and bought another 500 count box of them. It occurred to me that I might actually end up moving with this box. I don't have plans to move, but I know I'll be making them in the next year or two. If I use one a day, and I spend a good third+ of a year not at home, yeah, probably. I wonder if you get to an age eventually where you run out of Q-tips and are like... Do I just get the 200 pack?

I use a q-tip like maybe... once a month? and many (10+) years ago i could only find a 500 pack so i have in fact moved with it many times. It's still half full.

alnilam

B33rChiller posted:

Just bought my second box since the turn of the century. Dr. wasn't happy when I mentioned using one in my ears, so they get used more for applying small amounts of ointment, detail cleaning/oiling small firearm parts, or using isopropyl on electronics.

yeah same i do not use them in my ears just for general cotton swab use like cleaning or oiling small things

alnilam

I'm glad to be posting with you GaG :glomp:

alnilam

Finger Prince posted:

This is the first time I've watched TV with commercials in forever. There's a bank ad where this zookeeper/animal educator type character is standing next to a blue and gold macaw, and in his little intro he refers to it as a parrot, like he's explaining to a small crowd of people about parrots. How do they get this poo poo wrong. This is the second largest bank in Canada.

I've gone on a couple work trips recently for the first time in years and it was my first time watching cable TV in like, 20 years? it was very strange, seems everything is a multi hour marathon now, every other channel is infomercials with titles in the little guide menu thing that sound straight out of clickbait fake headline stuff, like "Former marine gets big payout from camp lejeune settlement" or "16 signs of big kidney problems"

the good part is there's usually some movie channels with some agreeable movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

cruft posted:

Rock doves, which are probably the only doves you're ever going to see,

The mourning dove is one of the most widespread birds in north america