Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm gonna have my second Pfizer jab on Saturday. Hopefully that will help reduce my anxiety when I'm outside.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant

Hi, hello! I'm fairly new to chilling in BYOB as you may have noticed, but I rather like the place.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

someone brought a dog into the office today and it has a bow in its hair and it is very cute!!!

Do you have a picture of this cutey for the internet archives of all things cute? Inquiring minds would like to see!

Saoshyant

rear end-penny posted:

The link 404'd for me but I would like to know more about Charles and what kind of experiment they were performing.

Found a mirror

Saoshyant

rear end-penny posted:

Do you have any pets or crimes you would like to share with us?

No crimes to confess other than harboring the cutest of puppers, my darling Ema:

Saoshyant

xcheopis posted:

How old is the small cutie?

She was about 2 in those pictures if I recall. She is now approaching 9, but you can barely tell.

Saoshyant

Morning, friend

Saoshyant

Mormon Nailer posted:

How do we know they're not just Dr. Eldarion alts trying to recruit us to buy the Amazon deal of the day :tinfoil:

That doesn't sound chill, but there's possibly an amusing story here?

Saoshyant

You are what you eat

...or so they say.

Saoshyant

Just received my second jab a couple of hours ago. Hopefully I won't get any annoying side effects to ruin my Sunday, but so far so good.

Get your family and yourself vaccinated if you can fellow yobber.

Saoshyant

hbag posted:

trying to find that byob sig of lowtax trying to post here and getting immediately perma'd
This one?

Saoshyant

What's a good dessert recipe that isn't too hard to make and takes no sugar (either replaced with something else or not requiring it in the first place)? I want to try something new for the New Year party.

Saoshyant

Escape From Noise posted:

Maybe I've been in Japan for WAY too long but fresh fruit is really nice. I know it's very basic but it can be presented nicely.

That could be a nice option, though the selection will be limited what with being winter. No strawberries, watermelons, etc. Do share what you have seen, though, please.

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

Let's start with what flavors you do and do not like.

Oh I like both sweet and sour. Not into spicy stuff, but I'm not picky so that could work too.

Saoshyant

Is honey an option?

Manifisto posted:

is honey an acceptable sugar substitute

Definitively. Got enough pure honey here from a local friend with a farm.

Manifisto posted:

you could try making your own baklava sweetened with honey

I think I'll try this. I have no clue where to find blue cheese and Kataifi pastry, so I'll file that for something to try on another occasion.

I'll also try to make a fruit platter with whatever I can source on my local supermarkets.

Thanks for the ideas, friends!

Saoshyant

Hello! I asked here for ideas for New Year's Eve desserts and I'm sorry I didn't report back. Pumpkin baklavas were a success. I made so much filling I ended up baking a new batch today and took a pic:

I tried to fill these with all the leftover so a couple of them ended up bursting, which doesn't make them look professionally beautiful, but that doesn't affect taste in any way.

Delicious and not too sweet (I wanted to avoid sugar). Filling is made of walnuts, pecan nuts, pumpkin, a bit of honey (to replace sugar), and a ton of cinnamon. Pretty easy to make all things said. I followed this recipe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd8Qkw2CmDE

Saoshyant

Where my burro's at?? I came here to get my $20

Also, hello

Saoshyant

cruft posted:

I hope you enjoyed that! :)

You were the one who put up the ad? I had a fit of laughter when I clicked and ended up here

Saoshyant

cruft posted:

Ms cruft just got accepted to the Nurse Practitioner program! :peanut:

We both drank a whole can of Sadie's margarita to celebrate!

Congrats, friend.

I've never had a Sadie's margarita, what's it like?

Saoshyant

cruft posted:

I'm having to watch Barbie Spy Squad. Say a prayer for me, yobbers.

Try Bluey next time? 10 minutes long episodes, super charming, great with both kids and parents.

Saoshyant

cruft posted:

Sounded a lot like "oh gently caress" to me

Bah!

Saoshyant

Surrounded by culture, I am dog your god.

Saoshyant

Heather Papps posted:

i am sipping a coffee and eating some apple/peach/quinoa baby food i found in my cupboard and watching this and life, you know, life is pretty okay.

If you aren't bored as hell, check this one too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o1ieehttdA

It's my favorite explanation of Kingdom Hearts ever done, the whole thing, in 4m.

98% is true and by the end you won't even been able to tell which 2% was fake.

Edit: And this one I forgot, absolutely hilarious, especially the ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ7IxXN9hm0

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 27, 2022

Saoshyant

FPzero posted:

happy evening thread, let me share some music with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My5DApVCK0M

enjoy jazz and good night!

This was good stuff, friend. Thanks for sharing.

Saoshyant

Dr. Honked posted:

a very useful chip

cruft posted:

Nerrrrrrrrd

No of course I don't know exactly what this is and where you might use it, why do you ask

One of you teach me your nerd ways because I don't understand the significance of this particular chip, even though I'm aware of the basics of what a NAND gate is. I wanna be in the know!

Saoshyant

FPzero posted:

and i'm the warmer. :kimchi:

Can you imagine when one's gender would dictate what comfy clothing one could wear? Thankfully an outdated form of thinking. Also, the good thing about not being anything in particular is that we can wear everything with abandon if we feel like it. :hfive:

Saoshyant

xcheopis posted:

I was once sent home to change because I came to work in flats instead of high heels.

What the gently caress. WHAT. THE. gently caress.

I can only hope you told them to shove off and eventually found a more dignified place to work in.

Saoshyant

From the office of the Mandatory Happiness Committee

Saoshyant

pixaal posted:

Your 2nd wordle guess is invalid

Don't flung that!

Saoshyant

I will never use an AI assistant until they make a Bonzi buddy themed one.

Bonzi was my friend.

Zil posted:

That way in the future AI uprising I am at least remembered as a friend to them.

I don't know how to tell you this, but AI already knows your every post you have ever typed in this dead gay comedy forum. They know, Zil. They know.

Saoshyant

more falafel please posted:

i think today I'm gonna be demoing some landscaping. rip my body

As a non-native speaker, I don't know what those expressions mean together. Demoing landscaping? It's a gardening class sort of thing?

Saoshyant

more falafel please posted:

yeah that's a confusing one if you've never heard it before, my apologies. in this context demo is short for demolition, so I'm gonna be tearing out some of my landscaping. mostly using a crowbar and sledgehammer to pry retaining wall bricks apart and then putting those bricks Somewhere Else

Ah, got it. Always happy to learn more, much appreciated.

Also, hope you're a young spry, otherwise that will be hell on your body and probably leave actual damage.

Saoshyant

Dr. Honked posted:

i gots the babby raccoons

also reflection of my foot

They are your raccoons now. They are never leaving. Congrats, Raccoon Dad :allears:

Saoshyant

Farecoal posted:

I was trying to replace the thermal paste on my CPU, but when I pulled out the cooler the whole CPU came with it :cripes:
Plus a pin on the CPU bent coming out and now it's basically an expensive paperweight.

Yikes. RIP ye ol' mobo.

Saoshyant

I met up with someone yesterday who just informed me they tested positive for COVID, so I guess I'll be heading to the testing location when they open in like an hour.

Yeah, you probably got it, Omicron is ridiculously infectious. If you have your vaccines updated plus get some garlic capsule supplements from a health shop you should be fine, don't worry. Just sleep as much as possible.

Saoshyant

xcheopis posted:

Transferring nearly 9gigs of music to my phone. Should cover pretty much every genre I might want to listen to at any given moment, yeah?

I dunno. Prove you have good music taste by naming one of the songs and I will judge you for it.

Saoshyant

xcheopis posted:

Le Manu by Shepherds Reign

We approve :hmmyes:

Saoshyant

baka fwocka fwame posted:

im gonna post on BYOB

Hi and welcome. Post a picture of your cute pet? Or tell us how you cook your version of spaghetti and soyballs / meatballs.

Saoshyant

This cute fellow knows what's up.

Saoshyant

Drinkslinger posted:

What's a good cooking/food-related TV show to watch? I've pretty much run the gamut of Hell's Kitchen Nightmares and Masterchef episodes

Iron Chef!

quote:

Starting around 1997, Iron Chef was shown, on KTSF in San Francisco, KSCI in Long Beach, as well as stations in Hawaii and the New York City area, in its original Japanese version with English subtitles, and quickly became a cult hit. In summer of 1998, the show stopped using subtitles

While always a success in Japan, Iron Chef became a surprise hit in the United States when it was picked up by the Food Network in 1999 and dubbed into English. Part of the U.S. appeal was due to the dubbing, which gave the show a campy charm that evoked English-dubbed Chinese kung fu movies of the 1970s. Audiences also found amusing some of the over-the-top culinary concoctions regularly featured on the show, eventually leading to a spoof on Saturday Night Live.

Drinkslinger posted:

Also here's my cat

Cool cat. Welcome to BYOB

Saoshyant

RIP that game controller, taken too soon by Hound the Destroyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant

Warning, a bit unchill post below.

cruft posted:

I'm now on day 13. Still coughing like crazy, runny nose, feeling worn out all the time. It helps when I lie down. And I actually have enough sick leave that I can take off. Unfortunately, we have some dumb-rear end rule that I need to be physically present for the summer school I run, consisting of four adults between the ages of 21 and 25. Apparently they can't be trusted to safely use computers without supervision.

So I'm just sitting in here in my office coughing all day. Nobody wants to come visit because coughing is not a sign of good health. Can't say I blame them. Maybe I have tuberculosis.

If you don't have a chronic lung disease you'll probably recover more quickly than this.

Yeah, I wish I could tell you it will get better, but sadly next time you are hit with it again there's a chance it will hit worse due to accumulated damage. And that window will open in two or three months from now as that's how long immunity now works (used to be 6 months but this is a rapidly mutating virus). I'm counting the days myself as my reinfection window is approaching and I really bloody hate this disease. Even wearing masks all day outside is not enough like I learned (because other people aren't wearing them anymore).