Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Hello BYOB, I like to chill. I don't like the taste of coffee but I like how it keeps me awake for work so I drink it anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Was The Fury

cute anime girl posted:

thanks

in hindsight I spelled brakes wrong but hey you're right im gonna get back on you regarding coffee breaks

I just took a coffee break and some jerk turned off the pot warmer for the company machine. I had a room temperature cup of coffee because of this. On one hand I was upset because I depend on not being able to taste the coffee from how much it burns, but on the other hand I am thankful because now I will be able to taste dinner. I think it's supposed to be meatloaf tonight :fork:

I Was The Fury

Hi!

I Was The Fury

I Was The Fury

So I know we just cleaned house a little and got rid of some threads but I've found that I really enjoy posting pictures of my dog here. Is there already a "pets of byob" thread or can I just make one?

I Was The Fury

JaneError posted:

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new(ish) to SA; my boyfriend is an active/longtime user, passes along links and commentary regularly, and now bought me a membership as part of my birthday gift. It's been a few months, but now seems as good a time as any to jump in.

To grease the wheels, here is a picture of cats that allow me to live with them in exchange for housekeeping:

:wave:

Welcome to the forum! Those cats sure do look catlike, which I've heard is a good thing for cats

I Was The Fury

It's like I'm on DMT

I Was The Fury

My Friday is swell. Just finished up one of the weekly gaming sessions and now I'm chilling in my backyard having some kind bud and watching my dog walk around trying to decide where to piss

I Was The Fury

And for what it's worth I think your effort posting is good posting. That other person needs to try chilling sometime

I Was The Fury

*wipes sweat off brow and refreshes "cool app" thread waiting for someone to suggest a dumb app, sees high quality informative post instead*
"Well this is just unacceptable. Someone needs to tell this guy to cool his jets!"
*suppresses jealous rage and doesn't flame person in thread. Releases jealous rage and contacts them on icq*
*farts, pathetically*

I Was The Fury

Hey guys I've been feeling lately like I should change my username and get an avatar. I never bothered before because I rarely posted but I feel like my video gaming username from 5 years ago doesn't really reflect who I am as a poster anymore. The stupid newbie avatar does reflect who i am deep down, but I'd like to change it anyways. Any recommendations?

Like I haven't even been furious at anyone for almost 6 months, let alone ever embodied the concept of fury itself.

I Was The Fury

Although I have been spiteful and rude to the fat woman who broke the toilet seat in my bathroom and decided not to tell me or my girlfriend. Did she think we wouldn't notice? What's up with that?

I Was The Fury

DraconicImpulse posted:

No advice on usernames, but for avs there's always the the av workshop

That was my next stop after deciding on a username, if nothing came out at me here.

HighwireAct posted:

What are your hobbies? What kind of movies/music/books do you like? Could probably glean something from that

I like to take care of my dog and also play with my dog. I enjoy drinking, plaing board games, smoking weed when I have it, playing tennis as long as ive got a partner, and eating. Trying new food is always a fun treat, even if I don't like the taste. I also enjoy video games, but I can't sit there and play for hours on end like I used to. I have recently been listening to audiobooks because I can do that while driving or walking my dog, but so far it's all science fiction or modern fantasy stuff by Peter Clines. I really really liked John Dies at the End and This Book is Full of Spiders, but they also happen to be the most recent physical books I've read/purchased

I Was The Fury

Zyla posted:

I got really mad at someone today and yelled at them and now i feel super bad and guilty.

:((

It's okay, everyone has a snapping point. Just make sure to apologize to them the next time you see them, but you must first forgive yourself before you can ask for them to forgive you. If you don't mind me asking, what did they do?

I Was The Fury

Zyla posted:

it was really stupid i was playing a game that this person was moderating and they didn't properly follow the rules and I blew up at them

It can be very frustrating when a game moderator is ignorant of the rules they are supposed to be enforcing. Have you tried speaking to their manager? You might be able to get like some coupons or something I don't know how this works

I Was The Fury

Zyla posted:

i just lost my byob chill!

getting it back :3:

glad people liked my frog

It was a great frog, and I'm sad that it ripped in half. But that's just the curse of Thursday eve interfering with the blessing of Wednesday present. Anyways I'm sure your chill will return to you, but if you have trouble getting it back just look to the horizon and remember that all your byobrothers are out there looking at a similar horizon, if not the same one.

I Was The Fury

TWIST FIST posted:

yeah i made one anyway it wasnt too much of a hassle

im probably going to forget my password immediately but im only going to download this once so maybe thats not a big deal???

If it weren't for the forgot password option on every service ever, I'd be locked out of my email accounts, banking accounts, SA account, work computer, and basically everything I've signed up for since getting on the internet.

I Was The Fury

City of Glompton posted:

you need lastpass, it's a big help.

fury, your name and av update are super good!

Thank you! I'm very happy with it and hope it leads to a successful posting career here in BYOB

I Was The Fury

symbolic posted:

my primary monitor is 1920x1080 and it's so nice :3:

Doesn't BYOB already have a dedicated thread for resolutions?

I Was The Fury

To actually contribute though, I have a Samsung rose black 27 inch monitor. I keep it at 1920x1080

I got it for free from my old job when we declared it unrepairable and then I repaired it with my own money.

I Was The Fury

shinmai posted:

gently caress I had an accidental nap during the day and now I can't sleep and I have to be up in six hours help

Good news: you're already up, so you're prepared for six hours from now. Bad news: you're going to get real sleepy around 8 hours from now so I recommend drinking lots of coffee

I Was The Fury

Oh in that case chug some nyquil right before and you can nap through the whole scary process

I Was The Fury

shinmai posted:

considering I'm getting the tattoo go commemorate five years of being sober, that would be some class A irony

Oh then don't chug nyquil. And congratulations on spending half a decade above the influence! That's some strength right there

I Was The Fury

Thank you for sharing Yobgoblin, that can't be easy to bare your soul like that. It does help sometimes to just let loose though. I know I've done it on SA before, though my situation was a little different. I for one hope you aren't permabanned if it happens again.

And congratulations on your fresh ink shinmai! Here's to another 5 years of sobriety, and many more sets of 5 years afterwards!

I Was The Fury

Sometimes my back gets sore because I have bad posture. That's about it. Many hugs sent your way though, pal! I hope the pain passes soon and your neurologist can help

I Was The Fury

CrazyLittle posted:

hello i make computers go beep boop irl

I troubleshoot the ones that go boop beep.

I Was The Fury

VideoGames posted:

Hello BYOB. I have definitely posted once or twice in here in the past but not nearly enough so I am going to change this and post more!

Sometimes I would like to discuss other things. For example, my favourite animals in the world are bees and ducklings.

Hello videogames! Bees are radical and ducklings are adorbs, but my favorite animal will always be the noble puppy. Second favorite animal is dogs. Do you have any pet bees or ducks?

I Was The Fury

Zyla posted:

What's it like to tell a doctor you want to try weed to help? I live in a state where that is possible and have been thinking about it a lot recently. I'd rather be on something safer than the huge amount of opioids I am given.

I used to have an MMJ card, so I can tell you the California experience as of about a year ago. Find a clinic that specifically gives the medical cards, go there and fill out the form. You can be honest or lie, they won't really check. I was always honest though. Anyways you fill out the form, they call you in back to weigh you and get your blood pressure, then you skype with a doctor for 10 minutes and then pay a fee ranging from $30-$75 depending on the place you chose and then boom you are legal. You can go to a dispensary that day and go home with several ounces of weed as long as you've got the money for it. Many dispensaries also have bonuses for people when first joining so if there's enough around your area you can go several months always getting steep discounts and free papers/grinders/joints/grams/whatever their special deal is. Typical prices are about 12-20 bucks a gram for top shelf bud. Several of the places I went to also gave free dabs with any purchase so you can go home stoned as hell before even cracking open the goodie bag you just got.

I Was The Fury

I live in a large city that is notorious for having nothing to do. There were 4 dispensaries within half a mile of my old apartment.

I Was The Fury

FluffieDuckie posted:

bonus technological improvement - now in cali you can "see" your "doctor" online by filling out an online form and paying and your card arrives in the mail

i mean we're not even pretending anymore

Haha I never even bothered looking into that I just Googled "medical marijuana card" one bored afternoon and 4 hours later I was home with slightly more than a half ounce of weed, several grams of which were free. They also have delivery services in case you don't feel like going to a dispensary so you can just have your weed driven to your front door. It's ridiculous.

I Was The Fury

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Do you just cough into an envelope or what?

A cough is probably less likely to get you the card though it only drops your chances from 100% to 99%. Go with "soreness" as your reason.

I Was The Fury

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm sick of not smoking weed, that's my ailment.

Accepted. Here is your card and a list of local dispensaries. Have some brochures, the top five have coupons to their dispensaries for 42.0% off any purchase.

E: oh and of course tons of dispensaries have facebook pages so if you leave a review on either their Facebook or weedmaps profile then the next time you come in you get two free grams or three free caviar joints your choice.

I Was The Fury

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Wish that worked here!! We just this year got our first wave of dispensaries and I hear it's nigh impossible to get a card!

A dispenary one town over and had an open house to commemorate it's grand opening but I missed it cause' I had no car! :(

On April 20th all the dispensaries around here have midnight specials and then when their actual opening hours start the first however many customers get free poo poo. I didnt get in any of the lines but i made a run to 4 different dispensaries to take advantage of the day-long discounts.
When I first got my card I was baffled at how much primo weed they were just giving away when my old street dealer charged 25 a gram for scratch garbage.

I Was The Fury

Zyla posted:

All this sounds good but I want to work with my current doctors and such but scared of bringing it up

Okay well just tell them you're curious about the possible benefits of medical marijuana. Doctors are there to help and the absolute worst that will happen is they will tell you "it isn't a good idea because this reason and that reason"

They won't call the cops on you and I guarantee they get asked about it all the time since medical marijuana is a thing in your state. Hell I work at a major medical center that focuses mostly on the elderly and we recently began prescribing and dispensing Marinol, which is just weed in a pill. "Adverse effects include feeling high" lol

I Was The Fury

On a semi related note, charlie and I came across this on our walk

Someone had a good time on sidewalk creation day.

E: lol I just realized how hard that is to read. It says "marijuana is nature's way of staying high"

I Was The Fury

tao of lmao posted:

Happy birthday, me. Just completely soaked in sweat contemplating taking my 2nd shower today waiting for guests to arrive.

Happy birthday you! Go ahead and take that shower, it will help pass the time while guests are on their way. I hope you have a wonderful party!

I Was The Fury

Scathach posted:

This man is sleeping where I park my butt to use the computer gosh darn it. I even brought him a bag of chips and he still won't get up.

Also just tried this plant extract and hoo boy was it bitter. My night is off to a weird start.

Uh

I Was The Fury

Scathach posted:

This man is sleeping where I park my butt to use the computer gosh darn it. I even brought him a bag of chips and he still won't get up.

Also just tried this plant extract and hoo boy was it bitter. My night is off to a weird start.

Okay so I guess my phone is misinterpreting that link cause here's whatI'm getting

E:

I Was The Fury

Lizard Wizard posted:

for gently caress's sake

Scathach did you mean to post a shirtless dude chopping down a tree, and if so why

That's exactly what I'm talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Was The Fury

I like pictures of snakes