Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commie NedFlanders

um.....:ohdear:

hi?

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders

i want a baby :3:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Tusen Takk posted:

here is my dog getting scratches

this dog is in heaven and has a face similar to my dog who also likes getting scratches

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

i just traveled about 70 miles to visit a university campus, hoping i could visit the sweet library and draw some cool trees and architecture

only to discover everything is closed on account of spring break so no library, no chick fil a, nothing

i was really geeking out about the library :sigh:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Hello BYOB!!!

what a joy it is to post with you once again, I've missed this wonderful forum

:megaman:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I don't recognize you without your sexy flanders av

whose leg do i gotta draw to get an av around here???

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Renegret posted:

help

im at work

and work is bad

this.

i feel this.

but then again, work is good?

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

HighwireAct posted:

welcome back!

:holy::slick:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Renegret posted:

wrong

especially on sundays

touché

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

City of Glompton posted:

the other thing you could do, renegret, is you could write up a character for FAU's rpg thread.

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

thepiratebae.se posted:

hi friend. i noticed you have no avatar so i made one for you. no pressure to use it, because i did it for fun, but i hope you enjoy it none-the-less :)

:aaa:

that is awesome!!

thank you friend that's so cool!

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

FluffieDuckie posted:

unless ned has had a major life changing philosophical change he shouldn't invest more money that would be lost if he gets banned again

i don't intend to get banned, ma'am.

i respect the mods, admins, and rules of the forum and my christian faith compels me to respect established authority figures acting justly, they earned their place.

i have no problems with anyone or any reason to break any rules or cause any problems.

I recognize I am in danger of being banned for having or voicing the wrong views or opinions or actual historical facts so in that regard I will tread carefully , i've learned the limits of what is permissible and want to be a member of this community so I will try to honor the official and unofficial boundaries so long as they don't violate my core principles.

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

i mean i have my card ready to go and buy that av, but i agree i don't want to invest any money into the site if i can expect to be banned because someone doesn't like me

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

that's all I want to do, friend

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

hamjobs posted:

hello byob, today i went to the city with the dog and my husband. we had fancy donuts with our friends, and the dog made friends with other dogs. it was nice.

i hope you all had a nice weekend, too.

dog friends are good. my dogs aren't very sociable :dogge:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, yeah, it has nothing to do with your abilities as a poster or how much I like you. I'm pretty sure Commie Ned Flanders is some sort of nazi nutjob, but he submitted a really good character application. Like it's 100 percent tied to the needs of the thread and story I'm trying to tell with it. Nobody should feel judged if they don't get in, I'm just doing things a particular way because I think the added effort from everyone at the start will pay off.

for the record i'm 110% anti-nazi and anti-fascist, communists and nazis were historically the worst of enemies and the most brutal and ugly fighting during WWII was between the Nazi Germany and the USSR.

i don't appreciate being associated with nazi scum, and i would gladly expound on the historical basis for Nazism and Communism being totally anti-thetical to each other but last time i did that I was banned so i would rather avoid that hornets nest.

thank you though for your positive feedback on my character, i do appreciate it as i'm very self-conscious and self-critical about my writing and really sort of put myself out there on that one with an effort post.

/

Commie NedFlanders fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 19, 2016

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

whetbutt

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

FluffieDuckie posted:

i'd be very sad if my forum disappeared so i'm sorry you're having a bad night

it happened before, and it was very sad

twas a dark chapter in BYOB history

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

as a 10-year BYOB veteran I want to tell the newcomers that BYOB is a great place to chill and make friends

a good way to get yourself established in byob is by making forum purchases since BYOB generates a lot of revenue for the site.

a recommended purchase is an av or platinum cert for your favorite communist neighborino

:buddy:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

FluffieDuckie posted:

thank you all for saying nice words to me. i'm also thrilled that we're keeping the same vibe with more than half the current traffic being newbies

:duckie::goon:

:ocelot::smugbird:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

alnilam posted:

I think it's worth telling all our new friends that i got married this weekend

all the yobbers were invited, wish my new gbs pals could have come but i didn't know u yet!

!!!!!!!

:toot:

congrats!!

what a glorious occasion!

:holy: :slick: :woop:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

loquacius posted:

Hello BYOB, I am posting from work. I like to post from work when I am waiting for something to happen or just when I find work boring. I am not the world's greatest employee, BYOB. A previous job I had blocked somethingawful.com for a while for some reason (I think their blocker software classified it as "tasteless" lmao) so I used remote-desktop software to connect to my home computer so I could keep browsing SA at work. Ok that's my story about my hopeless addiction and horrible work ethic. Thanks BYOB!

love the dedication

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Wendigee posted:

I've been told that this forum is no longer about "just posting" nooner read the rules and some of the threads I used to post here when it was just post and GBS was controlled by SJWs... but when they got the boot i moved back to GBS. I dunno much about this new BYOB except that it seems to be kinda dead :( but it is also really nice and accepting and cool :)

BYOB has become in blood what it always was in spirit

such a place is not possible without mods or rules it seems,
which was the old skeleton of byob

but it seems the spirit has overcome the bone wherein it once hid

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Piso Mojado posted:

that doesn't make sense

well you see, byob's old motto used to be

"BYOB is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In BYOB you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the BYOB motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends."

~*the spirit*~

but then it was also

"No Mods, No Masters"

~*the skeleton*~

unfortunately, these two principles came into conflict with one another, which caused a great unsettling, because it was generally understood, as the (very) unofficial BYOB philosopher Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel wrote about the old phrase """""" The Spirit Is a Bone """""""

***this is where you pretend i wrote a 10,000 incomprehensible wall of text vomit ***

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

FluffieDuckie posted:

i think what ned's trying to say is you can either have no rules or you can be chill. you can't be both.

if you don't have rules, people will always come in and mess with your chill

we tried to be both for a long time

now we have rules

:mmmhmm:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Welp it's officially my birthday now,

my wife is super excited and chipper and wants to have lots of fun but this celebration of my birth feels more to me like a reminder of my age and i can't help but have a background feeling of angst

i sort of want to stand in the dark and stare at a field smoking a cigarette or something, i wish it were cold enough for a scarf

maybe i'll eat some crab for lunch in 12 hours

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Munchables posted:

That's pretty much what I did on my birthday :sigh:

:sigh::hf::sigh:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

i need to get my ego in check, i used to let people who hate me do that, it was rather useful, but i don't think that's good or proper for them to do. God does it much better anyway. I'm looking forward to spending this year doing a comparative Torah study from the Messianic and Orthodox Jewish perspectives

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

HangRoose posted:

if everything that's going great in my life suddenly tanks and goes to poo poo i'll do that for my next birthday too ~solidarity~

i spent a little time praying and looking up at the night sky, the angst has subsided for now. i feel purposeful again.

idk what i will spend the day doing, maybe hanging out with animals, maybe visiting museums, maybe seeing some art, maybe a movie, maybe walking around and taking pictures of things, who knows. i might just make a list of possible things and just winnie-the-pooh my way through the day :unsmith:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

RedTonic posted:

this sounds pretty awesome tbh

(also at first i read that as competitive Torah study and i was like dang that's probably intense)

lol combat theology set to music with extra krumping :slick:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Lastgirl posted:

aww thanks munchables~

it was pretty fun with the c-spam thread, and i was a little bit hung over earlier but im feeling much better

it was a good one for clinton but we'll see

i'm not a clinton fan, i've spent the year being extremely critical of her, but she did very well in that debate

she was like :coal: and i could see Trump's hands shrinking every time she nailed him

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

HangRoose posted:

what the hell is plantar faciitis and how can i fix it or what is the most efficient way of ignoring it

it's gardening fascism

farmers slowly stop rotating their crops, insisting on creating pure fields of corn and eliminating "weeds" like delicious quinoa and kale

the best way to beat it is a soviet style agricultural program guaranteed to erase any trace that a problem ever existed

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

does someone else have a birthday?

i know i share my birthdate and year with Hillary Duff, we are the exact same age

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

i wonder when the first hominid creature laughed at another farting

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Palisader posted:

Post dog pics pls

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

i was about one foot-step or half a second away from being mauled by this dog, who was hiding until i was just within his range. i was working and had to walk onto someone's property and i wasn't carrying my defensive bamboo stick like usual and i was looking at my phone because my wife texted me and i heard a rushing noise behind me and turned/back pedaled just in time to avoid being chomped by this monster

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ53C1rjOIl/?taken-by=commie_ned_flanders

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

oh man i need to chill.

byob is so chill. gotta love the yob

i've been sincerely arguing with educated neo-nazi's on twitter, while trying to be cool like Fonz- i mean Flanders

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

I just did an uber drive for some party bros from New York City, they just flew into San Antonio and wanted to get crazy

I've never felt more like Hank Hill in my life

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders

if you're in the storm's path, please take all necessary precautions and then Periscope the dang thing so we can watch it live

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭