Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic

hi, i'm new to BYOB but i like that everyone is very friendly and it's pretty laidback and slow-paced. i would love to stay and become part of the community. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic

City of Glompton posted:

welcome :glomp: to byob

Adiabatic posted:

wowza that's a great attitude good to meet ya bro
thank you, glad to meet you guys as well

symbolic

Yobgoblin posted:

Welcome, Symbolic! You have a really good avatar!
thank you. you seem to have had several good avs yourself based on your sig.

Celluloid Sam posted:

We'll you've seen what I'm like I'm mostly kidding I'm super excited about it actually
congrats sid/sam!

symbolic

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Maybe the kid will pop out of his forehead, like Athena did to Zeus?

It might give him a... splitting headache.
i initially thought zeus had a child born out of his thigh and not his forehead. turns out those are two separate stories of zeus giving birth.

greek mythology is weird

symbolic

one of my top 5 favorite movies for sure

symbolic

Ninja Dan posted:

my name is chuck and i like to [party]
what's up, chuck?

symbolic

MrWillsauce posted:

guys I want to go see the melvins tonight but I can't get someone to cover my shift at work and it's a huge bummer
i'll go in your place, it's ok

symbolic

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i am but i keep it bottled up
i let all my hatred and anger out through GBS. i'm really just a big ol' teddy bear. :)

symbolic

FluffieDuckie posted:

it is no longer mandatory to be high to post in byob. in fact the weed jokes got a bit stale so we're branching out into trying to be funny in other areas
nice, so i can still be straightedge4lyfe and a nascent 'yobber

symbolic

Iron Prince posted:

i think this is gonna be my new poo poo. maybe.
hi Prince! :wave:

byob is a great place to get away from the hectic and sometimes volatile environment of GBS

symbolic

9hotonic posted:

i haven't been here recently sorry guys :c exams suck and so does revision for them
don't remind me. i have finals in three weeks myself. :cry:

symbolic

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

My biochem lecture is 3 hours once a week and we always have to sit through 2 hours of lecture after our exams so i getchu on the having-things-after-exam pain :( feels bad man
:stare:

god drat am i glad i haven't taken a core science class yet

symbolic

MrWillsauce posted:

irokia your avatar is very distracting when I'm trying to post
worship the booty

symbolic

the finest works of percy bysshe shelley cannot compare

symbolic

I usually enjoy GBS and GBS is not good at the moment. BYOB is a good place to stop lurking.
although 2016 GBS has been looking better than 2015 GBS so far. the Shmorky/fast food thread, "f-fingerblast this little turd", Dare's spam accounts and subsequent 367-page manifesto, TUH getting perma'd for credit card fraud, and now Caro getting released.

anyhow, welcome Bacon! :wave:

symbolic

Luvcow posted:

the one thing i miss about GBS is that a lot of the creative people were driven out and its rare to find good creative type threads anymore. I didn't mind having the goofy christmas threads or zoo fights threads there even if i wasn't a fan or didn't read them because those goofy types of threads made other people feel like it was ok to go out on a limb and try something different. I can understand why a lot of people just don't feel comfortable even trying to post there anymore but i am thankful for those who do still produce good content and who weathered the storm.
i only started posting on GBS towards the tail end of "no-rules-no-masters" era between GBS 2.0 and 1.9, so i wasn't around for all the creative, artsy threads, which is quite a shame for i do love that sort of content. at least Applewhite consistently makes some pretty great threads.

symbolic

MrWillsauce posted:

one day I want to be the applewhite of byob
make cool drawings

symbolic

Hi newbies please let us know which ad brought you here so we can know which ones to keep buying :) thank you!!! :)
i don't think i came here because of an ad. i actually forgot why i first ventured here a week or so ago in the first place. i just remember it was 3 am and i was definitely procrastinating on something.

symbolic

That's fine welcome to the yob! You seem like a good fella, and I love your av! Ttyd is one of my favorite games, doopliss is a good char, and ghosts in general are something I'm a fan of believe it or not. So I hope you enjoy the yob! And If there happens to be an ad you really like anyways let us know!
TTYD is the greatest game of all time and Doopliss one of the best villains as far as i'm concerned, hahah. i'm loving the 'yob so far.

symbolic

9hotonic posted:

so homestuck officially wrapped up last night
i know it gets poo poo on by pretty much 95% (138æ?) of the internet but drat its hard to think of it just not being here anymore
huh, i didn't even realize it was still going on. i spent most of 2012 reading up to something like page 1000. i can't imagine what it's at now.

symbolic

MrWillsauce posted:

they should call it homesuck imo
hey, it was good at the beginning

symbolic

MrWillsauce posted:

I went to a nerd convention once and there were so many teenagers in grey makeup to look like the homestuck things and it traumatized me forever so please be mindful of me
so which one were you?

symbolic

alnilam posted:

Help my bike commute home is going to take me right by a drumpf rally right as it begins and there's really no way around it as it's kind of at a choke point :/
equip bicycle with a mounted gatling gun

you will be unstoppable

symbolic

new av, who dis

symbolic

MrWillsauce posted:

we redistribute the cool equally here in the byob. If you need a cup of cool a neighbor is always willing to lend you some. The coolest people know that cool isn't a competition.
yeah, it's coolmunism

symbolic

Luvcow posted:

the marriot hotel is however very angry about what happened in the ballroom and evidently a couple of the rooms we rented got trashed :(
look, i can't help it if repeating "wow, there's no balls in here!" is the funniest thing in the world to me, but there was no reason for will to pull down his pants and prove me wrong

symbolic

symbolic

if you don't smoke, what do you do with your hands all the time?
i flail them around like one of those wacky tube men

symbolic

bacalou posted:

skeletons don't need clothes
excuse you

symbolic

Yobgoblin posted:

[in beavis voice] ha ha diarrhea
[in butthead voice] shut up beavis, uh huh huh

symbolic

Ostentatious posted:

whenever I try to text someone my phone assumes I only want to post "lol" and nothing else. unsure of what that means exactly
your phone is making fun of you, punish it accordingly

symbolic

didn't realize so many people watched anime in BYOB. interesting.

symbolic

finally, an exercise i can get behind

symbolic

Iron Prince posted:

hey, just checkin in again. really digging the vibe here. i really feel like i can post on my own terms here and not have to deal with the oppressive GBS atmosphere that forces my hand into posting some dumb bullshit into every single thread i see. thanks, guys.
yeah, it's a nice change of pace

symbolic

my plans are go to class and then work on my final photoshop project

fun

symbolic

this original is better IMO

symbolic

shinmai posted:

Brand spanking new lurqeuette here, just popping in to say hi.

Hi!

I've been meaning to see that piece of cinema for the last twelve years but never got around to it :(
hey there!

i highly recommend watching the Big Lebowski. it's a fantastic movie.

symbolic

MrWillsauce posted:

dude I want some blueberry pancakes
i want Prince

symbolic

i got Titan Souls from the Humble Bundle yesterday and it's pretty good. top-down boss rushing, but an equal amount of strategizing as well as action. i usually dislike games like that, but i'm having good fun with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic

alnilam posted:

what does the go stand for, i haven't played since cs: source
Global Offensive

it's good