Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clone on the phone

Hello long time lurker first time poster. I like nice happy places with little pressure so I think this might be for me. I don't understand GBS anymore and I never understood fyad. I guess I post mainly in games but want to broaden my horizons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone

Thank you, feels good.

clone on the phone

City of Glompton posted:

welcome, new friend. glad you are joining the challenge with us!

I thought why not, I need some help with it that is for sure.

It's funny I always thought the 'yob was ironically friendly until I saw duckie's rules post the other day and it made me realise I am just really jaded toward people on the internet.

You guys seem nice, thanks for the welcome.

clone on the phone

FluffieDuckie posted:

I'm super excited someone read the rules

I'm pretty big on respect and being mindful about how my actions affect others so it rung a bell for me.

I've been mellowing as I grow older, like a fine wine.

clone on the phone

I like your posts in games eonwe. I think people's emotions run a bit wild over there but you are on the level.

clone on the phone

I just found out my best friend in another state lost his job because he just can't stop smoking crack. If anyone has any experience helping someone go through this sort of thing I have PMs. I am sad.

I am in Australia.

clone on the phone

My 90lb pooch keeps me warm in the winter in bed, it's the best.

clone on the phone

A sausage dog?

clone on the phone

DeadlyFembotWWIII posted:

It's telling me I must post but I was hesitant because I don't want to be eaten. But ... here I am!

Maybe just a nibble. Hello!

clone on the phone

MrWillsauce posted:

are you guys doing nice things for your moms tomorrow?

I'll be blowing her a kiss up in the stars. She's the really bright one that's never too far away. :unsmith:

clone on the phone

Celluloid Sam posted:

Happy mothers day fluffieduckie

clone on the phone

Slugnoid posted:

I got my mum a block of chocolate she likes that you can only get in new zealand. ill give it to her on tuesday when she comes over to my place to wash my clothes and do my vacuuming

Is it Whittaker's chocolate? I'm from NZ originally and that stuff is soemtimes hard to find in Australia.

clone on the phone

misty mountaintop posted:

I can't very well not post threads "like this" when there's no way to know what "like this" means.

What does 'roop a femp' mean? I think threads generally have to make sense and be in a language people can understand, I'm not a mod or anything so don't quote me though. I wish you luck friend.

clone on the phone

A4 Steak Sauce posted:

I Love It! How do I get it applied? I am short on change at the moment.

Fun Fact: I come from the group of folks that play/code the Goonstation version of Space Station 13. I kinda am here because of them.

I read all the SS13 threads because the stories are just amazing. Never played it though!

Hello hi welcome Steaky.

clone on the phone

hi hello welcome highwireact hi.

clone on the phone

HighwireAct posted:

Yeah, the issue with that post particularly was less about humor and more about setting up an OP with a good jumping-off point for discussion. He didn't have to be a knob about it though

I don't worry a whole lot about my humor here though; I don't remember ever being an egregious shitposter on any of the other forums I've been a part of, so it shouldn't be a problem here

I think my advice would be, just be honest and be true to yourself and don't take anything personally, especially from people on the internet.

Lately I try to post like if I was saying the words to a person standing in front of me.

Love and respect everyone even if you disagree!

clone on the phone

That's probably why I don't understand a lot of the forums here anymore, but the yob is cozy and warm.

Hi friends, I got to go home from work early today and I'm just super happy about it. Gonna pet my dog and give him treats. He's gonna love that poo poo.

clone on the phone

hexenmexen posted:

Let's see if I can quote properly, hello to you too.

I read an article about two years ago and it really made it seem, at least for liberal arts, that getting a PHD was basically paying to work, but it is good to hear that research is getting done that you feel like is a contribution to the world. There is always negativity surrounding academic pursuits, so I like to hear good stories, or at least people feeling their work is of value.

I'm gonna call you hexy mexy if that's okay.

clone on the phone

I had a great coffee today, which makes or breaks me some days and the coffee girl remembered my name and I was happy.

clone on the phone

Doctor Dogballs posted:

ever had those reese's peanut butter cup oreos? they're super good. super duper good.

I need this in me.

clone on the phone

Splatmaster posted:

Every Yobber Down in Yobville Liked BYOB a lot,
But the Litany of Gulps most certainly Did NOT!
They hated the Yob! With tons of malfeasance!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be their head wasn't screwed on just right.
It could be, perhaps, that their shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all,
May have been that their heart was two sizes too small.
Whatever the reason, their heart or their shoes,
The Gulp loitered at the Yob, seeing who's who,
Staring down from their cave with a sour troll frown,
At the warm well-meaning posts they'd written down.
For the troll knew that the Yobbers were nice ,
The Gulp had a heart that was cold as ice.
"And they're complimenting each other" the troll snarled with a sneer,
"I must give these Yobbers something to fear!"
The Gulp read through the threads and ransacked posts
And soiled the writings of the Gulp's good-natured hosts!
Then they growled with troll fingers drumming,
"I must find a way to stop more Yobbers from coming!"
So they posted a post filled with hatred and fear,
"There's no way after that new Yobbers will appear!"
The Gulp stared down at Yobville, the troll popped his eyes
Then they shook, what they saw was a shocking surprise!
Every Yobber in Yobville, big sig files and small
Was still posting new threads without any care at all!
And the troll who stood with their feet in the cold
Looked upon the forum and said "how could it be so?"
Maybe good posts can't be bought in a store
And a Gulp like you can't give us the what for!
So the new posts continued, and lurkers still came
Seeking out their fortune and looking for fame
If you listen closely you can hear the sobs
Of an unwanted poster shunned by the Yob!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone

I'm moving house on the weekend and the net is already turned on at the new place which is great but they turned it off here at my old place which is not so great. Oh well at least I can still phone post.