Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

COMMUNITY BADGE POLICY

Everyone is abuzz about gang tags community badges, the latest trend in forums posting. What are they? They are small images you can put underneath your avatar by putting it in img tags in the title text part of your av. The trick is you can do that only with images hosted on the SA server.

Anyway some places that have made badges over the years consider them kind of a protected entity like it would be rude to use it if you weren't part of some special thing in that subforum. Idk which ones. Anyway it's Not the case in byob, you can use our badges freely! :) :w2byob: here are some byob made community badges for your avving pleasure

Two exceptions are the Hog Dawg tag and the Mx BYOB tag, both of which were reserved for the winners of specific contests
Edit: A small additional rule would be that you please make sure that your total community badges don't make more than ~200px in height. That means it's cool to have 10 badges à 20px as well as one big one at 200px, but in total it's good if not everyone has to scroll for an hour to read a page. :sun:

Enjoy! We are all buds and pals here.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Off-site Chat?? "This chord" :confused: Wat???

Yes there is an unofficial off-site chat full of a lot of fun byob posters, based on the popular Discord® chat system. It is fun and fast paced / chatty and you, yes you, are welcome to it. Please post in the Welcome, Hello, & Chat thread to ask for an invite.

Let me stress that it is unofficial and not part of SomethingAwful and it is run and moderated separately, but you will see many of the same people there as you do here, because it was started by posters here. Go and have fun there!

I just ask that, in the highly unlikely event that drama occurs in the discord, that you do not import it here. The mods of BYOB and the admins of SA act based on what is posted on the forums, not based on what is said in an off-site chat room, so please don't bring discord drama here. I wish that were hypothetical but it has happened in the past. I really don't think it is likely to happen with the BYOB discord but I feel the need to put that out there just in case.

ty manifisto