Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
I much prefer this to, say, Resident Evil, which is ostensibly a horror series about zombies but is in fact a slapstick comedy about an inept pharmaceutical company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Captain Bravo posted:

Mine is just speculation, I saw everyone else with black bars and felt left out. :v:

That reminds me, I have to post my wild speculation.

It's all a giant conspiracy by a time-traveling pharmaceutical company to research the effects of stress. The submarine, the triangles, all of it. This won't be made apparent or even hinted at until the very end, at which time it will be brought up very briefly and will not make any sense or even explain anything.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
What happens if you fail the quiz? Do you fill out the hangman and get a death/game over?

The reason I ask is that failing the quiz would be an easy way to tell the overall disposition of the Reverse Dimensionals. If you fail and nothing happens, or they just make you take the test over again, they're probably not especially malevolent. If you fail and they kill you, they definitely are.

Also, minor nitpick with the game, but no submarine has ever been crewed entirely by officers. That submarine probably had more like 12 officers/73 enlisted or something, not 85 officers.

Fake edit: Actually, if I'm correctly remembering when it sunk, it would probably have had more like 6 officers, 54 enlisted.

I think it's important and mysterious that they mention "12 passengers" among the dead, as in 12 extra people people in addition to the crew, whom they do not identify. It would be rare for a submarine to have non-crew on it.

Real edit: The submarine schematic/crew numbers are anachronistic and probably not intended to be scrutinized too closely beyond the important red square around "COMMS". The submarine in question sank during or just after WWII, right?

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 27, 2016

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
There's none like Nona

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I just finished #4, and I don't think Alex and Jonas are giving Ren a fair shake. For all we know, his heroic marijuana consumption shielded his mind from Clarissa-type zombification/possession. Ren understands the importance of keeping his mind limber in these trying times, and we could all learn a lot from him :colbert:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Take the deal

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Bacter posted:

I'm proud of you, goons.

We reject the deal, and save Clarissa

Are you implying that you are not proud of the goons who advocated taking the deal? Because I can assure you, we Take Dealers are all the best kind of people who have only the purest and best thought out motivations

For example, I advocated taking the deal because:

1) I prefer Possessed Clarissa to Normal Clarissa
2) These ghosts are technically war veterans. Support our troops, guys, c'mon.

(Spoiler tags in case someone has read through the thread without watching the videos yet which I do sometimes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Can you go through a number of times in New Game+ mode and eventually get a "you broke out of the loop" ending if you say the right things in the right order in the mirror, and then follow your own advice in the subsequent play through?

• Locked thread