Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Edgar posted:

I drove to phoenix and it reminds me of Utah but without the stuff.

Yeah, whenever I see pictures of Utah I think it looks like Phoenix, but infinitely more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Snatch Duster posted:

Look, everyone sells. You sell, your mom sells, and a 7 year old kids sells.

She sold something to me last night for $20 at the local Motel 6.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Edgar posted:

I drove to phoenix and it reminds me of Utah but without the stuff.

what stuff? smog? cultists?

:nsa:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

phoenix is a boil on the rear end of america

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

what stuff? smog? cultists?

:nsa:

We have both. For smog, on clear days I can see downtown Phoenix from where I live over 45 minutes away, but most of the time the city is covered in smog.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

etalian posted:

She sold something to me last night for $20 at the local Motel 6.

If it wasn't free, you're paying too much.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Snatch Duster posted:

You are selling when you convince your GF to go watch Deadpool with you. You are selling when you try to get out of a speeding ticket. That 7/11 clerk is selling when he tells you about 2 cokes for $2. Your nephew is selling when he tells you about his day at school.

We all sell. If you can talk to other people, you can sell.

Wow you've really sold me on this.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

You are selling when you convince your GF to go watch Deadpool with you. You are selling when you try to get out of a speeding ticket. That 7/11 clerk is selling when he tells you about 2 cokes for $2. Your nephew is selling when he tells you about his day at school.

We all sell. If you can talk to other people, you can sell.

we should all become salespeople, then nobody will be poor and we can all live in paradise!

sounds like Amway

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

runupon cracker posted:

we should all become salespeople, then nobody will be poor and we can all live in paradise!

sounds like Amway

The money's out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I've got no sympathy for you.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
You can't eat the orange and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Oh no I moved to the most expensive areas in one of the highest cost countries in the world with a lovely job then I did something dumb and got fired, how could this happen to me?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Stocks, bonds, objects of art, real estate. What are they? An opportunity.

To what? To make money? Perhaps.

To lose money? Perhaps.

To 'indulge' and to 'learn' about ourselves? Perhaps. So loving what?

What isn't? They're an opportunity. That's all they are. They're an event.

A guy comes to you, you make a call, you send in a card. 'I have these properties I would like for you to see.' What does it mean? What do you want it to mean.

Do you see what I'm saying? Things happen to you.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

Stocks, bonds, objects of art, real estate. What are they? An opportunity.

To what? To make money? Perhaps.

To lose money? Perhaps.

To 'indulge' and to 'learn' about ourselves? Perhaps. So loving what?

What isn't? They're an opportunity. That's all they are. They're an event.

A guy comes to you, you make a call, you send in a card. 'I have these properties I would like for you to see.' What does it mean? What do you want it to mean.

Do you see what I'm saying? Things happen to you.

ok there cheech

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
So gently caress reading this whole thread but is it not common advice/knowledge that you shouldn't spend more than 1/3 of your gross income on housing?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

radiatinglines posted:

ok there cheech

Let me have your attention for a moment! 'Cause you're talking about what? You're talking about, bitching about that interview you shot, some son of a bitch don't wanna buy your bullshit degree, somebody don't want what you're selling, some broad you're trying to screw, so forth.

Let's talk about something important, money.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Snatch Duster posted:

I'm a loving idiot i guess

Agreed.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GopherFlats posted:

So gently caress reading this whole thread but is it not common advice/knowledge that you shouldn't spend more than 1/3 of your gross income on housing?

Yes, she even mentions that in her whine post. But she wanted to work for yelp for the chance to someday be promoted to professional tweeter and meme creator (seriously). She also wanted to have her own nice apartment with no roommates in a not-too-sketchy part of town. The apartment she wanted is 80% of her income, therefore . . . ? Well, therefore her boss should tripple her pay so she isn't spending too much on housing. Obviously.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Snatch Duster posted:

Let's talk about something important, money.

Your Iraqi Dinars are as valuable as your posts.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

chemosh6969 posted:

Your Iraqi Dinars are as valuable as your posts.

I made $970,000 last year. How much'd you make? You see, pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing.

Nice guy? I don't give a poo poo. Good father? gently caress you, go home and play with your kids.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

I made $970,000 last year. How much'd you make? You see, pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing.

Nice guy? I don't give a poo poo. Good father? gently caress you, go home and play with your kids.

God I loving love that scene.

"What's my name? gently caress YOU, that's my name!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

God I loving love that scene.

"What's my name? gently caress YOU, that's my name!"

We want winners here, not pikers. A piker walks at the bell. A piker asks how much vacation time you get in the first year.

Vacation time? People come and work at this firm for one reason: to become filthy rich. That's it.

We're not here to make friends. We're not savin' the fuckin' manatees here, guys. You want vacation time? Go teach third grade, public school.

• Locked thread