Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
why does every idiot bitch millennial think that everyone wants to read them write lots of words about they life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Shaquin posted:

Why would you want a degree in anything that wasn't mathematically or technology focused?

Well one reason would be so you could not make your entire argument based on stupidity like

Shaquin posted:

20% cheaper and with 60-70% of the quality.

congrats on your English degree, hopefully it was 60% cheaper and only 20% worse than the other options

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Wait she MOVED to San Fran for a minimum wage job? :psyduck:

Oh my god this fuckin girl

Coming out of college without much more than freelancing and tutoring under my belt, I felt it was fair that I start out working in the customer support section of Yelp/Eat24 before I’d be qualified to transfer to media. Then, after I had moved and got firmly stuck in this apartment with this debt, I was told I’d have to work in support for an entire year before I would be able to move to a different department. A whole year answering calls and talking to customers just for the hope that someday I’d be able to make memes and twitter jokes about food. If you follow me on twitter, which you don’t, you’d know that these are things I already do. But that’s neither here nor there. Let’s get back to the situation at hand, shall we?

holy gently caress is the whole article like that

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
do slaves actually get wages? This thread is a lie

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
i like making decent money but right out of college i didnt

huh

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Cartouche posted:

Literally starving on rice alone. Has at least 3 full size chef knives, one appears to be ceramic.

jesus christ clean that loving shithole kitchen

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Moltke posted:

Plenty of job openings at my dick sucking factory for anyone who's interested. Pay isn't good, but it's honest work.

job requirement: must be able to lift 50 pound gut off of flaccid dilz

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

tuyop posted:

*creates trillions out of thin air to keep rich peoples' businesses from folding*

dude how much money have you created out of thin air with your credit card

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

tuyop posted:

Many moneys. Like when we split pizza with the roommate and he promises to pay 20 bucks later. Bam, 20 bucks created. I'm adding value this way apparently give me a banking jerb.

lol way to dodge the credit card question

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Solice Kirsk posted:

Credit cards actually pay your bills and then you pay them back with interest. They don't magic money from anywhere. It's a series of small loans taken from a financial institution.

lol do u have an english lit degree

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Liquid Penguins posted:

lmao if you have consumer debt ahahahahah

:agreed:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Solice Kirsk posted:

Banks don't print/create money. Loans generate interest which is paid by the people taking the loans. The bank is making money off the interest it takes from people paying back their loans and gives interest to people that leave money with them so they can cover the loans they make.

ty for explaining my comment

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
if u can only maker minimum wage u are maybe not qualified to talk about macroeconomics, that is my thought

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Shaquin posted:

Nobody is paying for a house. Everybody just gets a house :)

u should get a real job then u can havea house

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Shaquin posted:

That's a great misappropriation of the Buddha's words I'm sure that he indeed meant we should conform to the ideology of misery as the default state that is at the core of all this poo poo and perpetuate it by inaction or apathy against our fellow man

hm, yes, a brand new college graduate should make 100k for making tweets abouit food

this is sustainable because

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Shaquin posted:

I'm not really fired up about whatever her nonjob dream job was. Just trying to suggest things really really really never will change if we forsake idealism and looking forward entirely for the chains all around us in the present. Of course you have to work within the now you are born into, and find your way within it. But you can disparage what's happening and advocate for something different along the way.

You understand that globalized capitalism is unsustainable right???

dude i dont pretend to understand global economics, i just know that stuff that is easy to get doesnt cost much and stuff that is harder to get costs more

makings tweets is easy, houses in san fran are hard

soooooo

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Shaquin posted:

If there is an afterlife I will look down upon you stomach germs

cool, but maybe u should care about this life?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

fyodor posted:

An Open Letter to My Boss from fyodor:

Hey suck my dick!

UPDATE: I've been fired.

whats yuour paypal???

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Chomp8645 posted:

Forums poster discovers one weird job millennials don't want!

*zero details follow*

one that involves work is my guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Applebee123 posted:

The thing about math degrees is that there are alot of jobs like actuaries, that it is a strict necessity you have a very strong understanding of math to do the job. I.e you cant just make do with a top graduate in management from Harvard, if when you give them their first assignment to model insurance risk on a portfolio it becomes clear that there is 4 years of missing math education before they have any hope of completing it.

sttistics yeah, not math

• Locked thread