Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freezepops
Aug 21, 2007
witty title not included
Fun Shoe

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Are they impressed because you double-majored, or are they specifically in need of someone with a degree in Physics? Because that's where I lose the plot: what do you do with a BS in Physics? Or Biology? I know there's a need for people with degrees in Science, but I've always seen ads looking for people in specific fields, like Food Science. The only people I know with Science degrees all pursued graduate degrees of some sort, either to supplement their BS with a Master's in a related field, or to earn a Ph.D.

A physics degree shows that your competent in math and building models. Every sector of engineering is built upon physics and models so it would be rather easy to turn a physics degree into an engineering job with a little networking or the proper extra curricular activities. Math is similar although it would probably apply more in the software industry. From a quick google it appears that median wages for Physics grads is actually higher than EE and math had a similar pay rate.

I can't give much input on stuff like biology or other life science degrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread