Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

Aralan posted:

Actually, while the computer science part of my degree has certainly gotten me most of my work, every time I apply for a job they always comment on and sound impressed about the physics double major I had with it. I'm pretty sure it's a big part of the reason I've gotten job offers. Also lots of math majors I knew were doing it to make bank as insurance actuaries.

The thing about math degrees is that there are alot of jobs like actuaries, that it is a strict necessity you have a very strong understanding of math to do the job. I.e you cant just make do with a top graduate in management from Harvard, if when you give them their first assignment to model insurance risk on a portfolio it becomes clear that there is 4 years of missing math education before they have any hope of completing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread