Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pentyne posted:

Being paid $12/hr at 40 hours a week is roughly $840 a paycheck after taxes

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Wicker Man posted:

CEO comes into the office doors with a million dollar smile & cigar, and says "This woman here, she is the future. Come into my office, and I'll show you the ropes!'

this, except about all the people in this thread taking the opportunity to post about how much harder they had it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pentyne posted:

Minimum wage people don't pay 30% in taxes despite what Fox News loves to claim. I know it's hard to believe but at that income level you only pay about 15% in taxes.

12 x 40 = 480 you retard

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

Now multiply that by 2 and subtract taxes, and you get what they make in a paycheck (paychecks are bi-weekly, you mega retard)

I don't know what would be more retarded, the dude thinking that 12hr weekly would be 840 dollars, or the dude thinking that 420 weekly is a living wage

Both display about the level of detachment from reality goons have

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pentyne posted:

Considering you seem to be completely unaware that a "paycheck" refers to every 2 weeks of paid hours, also stated in the article, you're not really in a position to claim you know anything about income/salary/living wages.

I get paid every week and it's called a paycheck lol

All I did was not read the lovely article in the gbs thread, you're the guy who said 420 a week isn't that bad

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Eames36 posted:

someone wrote an open letter response

http://www.businessinsider.com/stefanie-williams-response-to-yelp-employee-talia-jane-2016-2

she only seems to mention the bourbon, I guess she wasn't aware of the other pictures.

This is just an article she wrote about herself, nobody gives a poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that article totally reads like it was written by a humble person who has swallowed their pride

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Wizchine posted:

I guess she can't look back in pride at what she achieved after the fact?

pride is a sin, didn't you go to church?

You seriously read that article and didn't get annoyed?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Someone who writes an "open letter" to some schmuck kid who made Twitter news and turns it into a wankpiece about herself is hosed in the head

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I hate yankees posted:

so which minimum wage job are you currently filling?

imo as someone who also graduated at the height of the financial collapse i want to give her a high five because that's the poo poo i had to do to get where i am today. everything she said is correct and that needs to be rammed down kids throats. you will get nowhere in life without hard work and determination.

lol jesus loving christ

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's pretty funny seeing all these sputtering angry posts and the true life anecdotal bootstrap stories of goons nobody gives a poo poo about, but there is already a millennial thread for that so :gas:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

NObodiesGeek posted:

Everyone likes me. :)

It's because they're lazy. I understand though. Why work when you can vote for someone to steal money for you?

howamericaendedupwithtrump.txt

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Aasimov is spinning in his grave at the idea of giving AI the capability to do the things salesmen do

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

INITIATING SMILE FUNCTION!

HOW ARE YOU SIR?! GOOD DAY. THIS WEATHER, EH?

INITIATING HANDSHAKE MODE
whrrrrrrrr-click

Imagine a world full of robots lying, cheating, and trying to gently caress each other both literally and figuratively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

Stocks, bonds, objects of art, real estate. What are they? An opportunity.

To what? To make money? Perhaps.

To lose money? Perhaps.

To 'indulge' and to 'learn' about ourselves? Perhaps. So loving what?

What isn't? They're an opportunity. That's all they are. They're an event.

A guy comes to you, you make a call, you send in a card. 'I have these properties I would like for you to see.' What does it mean? What do you want it to mean.

Do you see what I'm saying? Things happen to you.

ok there cheech

• Locked thread