Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Big City Drinkin posted:

I don't see how Yelp in particular is to blame for that

A call center can be place literally anywhere, why put it in the most expensive city in America if you are going to pay poo poo wages. Put it Bumfuck, Arizona or wherever that $10/hour is livable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

crabcakes66 posted:

Isn't that exactly what they are doing?

They should have done that first, before they had this PR nightmare on their hands, even if the girl is naive and made some mistakes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I worked a call center job in an expensive city (Los Angeles) but they had the decency to pay $16/hour and offer amazing benefits, plus I got promoted in 6 months and made even more money.

gently caress Yelp and their penny pincher ways, but goons have to hate on this girl because she dared to speak up and she didn't make all the perfect decisions.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

I made $970,000 last year. How much'd you make? You see, pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing.

Nice guy? I don't give a poo poo. Good father? gently caress you, go home and play with your kids.

God I loving love that scene.

"What's my name? gently caress YOU, that's my name!"

• Locked thread