Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Posting on the company Twitter was part of my job a few years ago. But it was something I was supposed to do along side answering phones, managing complaints, troubleshooting and redirecting forms to the proper departments, troubleshooting and testing the software used to create business, among other things. No one is going to pay thousands of dollars a year for you to download and pre stock tweet deck each Monday then sit through the rest of the week just making sure the program posted when you scheduled it to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I can second the "get a degree" thing that was pushed a lot. In fact, people who worked with their hands were looked down upon quite often "oh yeah they just weren't good at school". It's pretty dumb. Really it should be about playing to your strengths. Not every kid is going to excel at math at the same time not every kid is going to excel at building things. I know I would have never been able to work a trade. I failed every single project in shop class, not a drat thing I made worked or fit specifications. Thought I was handicap for the longest time growing up.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
The reason why she is becoming the voice because they can relate to a person who is Caucasian and female wanting more than their education is worth wanting to make a living doing what they already do as their hobby. It's the same thing as when dudes think they can make a living lets playing. It related to them more than all the middle aged and different background men who lost their jobs and health due to the same trends cause it isn't something they can photoshop their own face onto. It's not so much about her and her being screwed over more so the fear that they will be screwed over too thus the entire process becomes a madturbatory cry in the wind. Sort of how poor republicans tend to have on any tax or economic restraint on the wealthy cause they think they will be noticed in their middle management job and strike rich or win the lottery and it will then affect them too.

Just wait a bit and some other person will say or do something stupid and everyone will perch that person over their #collectiveshouldersofsolidarity until the next little guy trend.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
You can't eat the orange and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.

• Locked thread