Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bloodychill posted:

The main thing that annoys me is the P3 PERSONA3 thing but designers putting both the title and abbreviated title on covers and promotional art has been a pet peeve of mine since Independence Day aka ID4.

In the same vein is this cover:

It's actually a great cover but FIVE written over the roman numeral always makes me chuckle. They definitely did not want dumb gamers calling it "GTA Vee."

i think that one guy is jack nicholson and im never gonna play this game so i can keep the illusion real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shadow Hog posted:

To be fair, IIRC this is what the CGI actually looked like in the film, too. It was intended to be off-putting, since the character here has kind of gone full-psycopath by the point depicted.

Does beg the question of why you'd advertise the game with it front-and-center. Maybe it's a horror game! (It probably isn't a horror game.)
What, you don't like Bill Clinton Baseball? It's just a counterpart to Willem Dafoe Basketball:

dats pat reilly

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

This is like putting some 70's footballer on the cover of whatever the gently caress version of FIFA we're at now.

(For Americans who don't get it - the guy on the cover was active from 1928-1948.)

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Not so much the quality of the art as the fact that they couldn't get the rights to the actual likenesses of the stars and had to work around it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sleeveless posted:

Not so much the quality of the art as the fact that they couldn't get the rights to the actual likenesses of the stars and had to work around it.

You cannot be this stupid.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

mandatory lesbian posted:

i think that one guy is jack nicholson and im never gonna play this game so i can keep the illusion real

He looks a bunch like him, and acts like him and his most unhinged. It's great.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lurdiak posted:

If you actually read comic books you're not in any position to be insulting people's intelligence. Especially if you're reading The Walking Dead: :regd08: For 13 Years And Counting.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
There was no way you were not going to get called out on that. I recognized the characters and don't read The Walking Dead.

Smart people read comics by the way.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sleeveless posted:

If you actually read comic books you're not in any position to be insulting people's intelligence. Especially if you're reading The Walking Dead: :regd08: For 13 Years And Counting.

This is my favorite kind of huge baby reaction to being horribly wrong about nerd poo poo.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

I hope this post gets you laid bro

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

This one's OK too but they couldn't get the rights to the actual likeness of Christian Bale and had to work around it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

These were two entirely different games, by entirely different developers, based on the same novel.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Kins posted:

These were two entirely different games, by entirely different developers, based on the same novel.

Of course. The first one is Shogun with a short "o" sound and the second is Shōgun with a long "o" sound. It's right there in the title :v:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is a short o Shogun like a baby Shoggoth?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
What's wrong with this one? I like it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sleeveless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhmuPKe6w4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

if not reading comics makes me stupid then declare me brain dead and bury me in the ground

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

ALFbrot posted:

What's wrong with this one? I like it.

Yeah if this isn't pure uncut The Prisoner level surrealism I'll be pissed. There's a difference between 'non-representational' and 'bad'.

I can't find any info online about this. Better start trying to track it down before finding out its all pictures of my family coveted in blood or something and slowly going insane.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

The Kins posted:

I'm more alarmed that there is a Shogun video game... what!?

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Lotish posted:

Is a short o Shogun like a baby Shoggoth?

Yeah with a short 'o' you would pronounce it like Shoggoth.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

God the nineties were insane.

Also this monstrosity

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I was always confused by this one.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Also this monstrosity

It certainly looks impressive.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Golem II posted:

I was always confused by this one.

I believe all those elements are in the game but they most definitely aren't that metal :black101:

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Also this monstrosity

Am I the only one getting some Bioshock Infinite vibes from this?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Malek posted:

They have a lot in common, plotwise, but Lighthouse does it better.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Wamdoodle posted:

I believe all those elements are in the game but they most definitely aren't that metal :black101:

Kid Niki doesn't have a sword, does he?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

raditts posted:

Kid Niki doesn't have a sword, does he?

He does but the attack is some spinning thing he does with it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Malek posted:

It certainly looks-

John Murdoch posted:

It certainly looks impressive.

drat it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

metricchip posted:

I'm more alarmed that there is a Shogun video game... what!?

From my research, it's just a text adventure with some illustrations and a lot of parts verbatim from the book. It's also bad.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Count Chocula posted:

Yeah if this isn't pure uncut The Prisoner level surrealism I'll be pissed. There's a difference between 'non-representational' and 'bad'.

I can't find any info online about this. Better start trying to track it down before finding out its all pictures of my family coveted in blood or something and slowly going insane.

Well, I thought the cover was at least peculiar :shrug: It's a puzzle game where you need to counter your alter ego's actions. Decent idea, really bad execution due to controls.

amstrad disco :dance:

actually had to double-check if this was the real cover and not just some lazily made image for a torrent or something

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Dream of the Fisherman's Stuntman

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Compared to the game itself, the ultimate stuntman cover is actually really good.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

laserghost posted:

Well, I thought the cover was at least peculiar :shrug: It's a puzzle game where you need to counter your alter ego's actions. Decent idea, really bad execution due to controls.

amstrad disco :dance:

actually had to double-check if this was the real cover and not just some lazily made image for a torrent or something

007 looks like Eddie Redmayne here.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This Bond looks like an amalgamation of all Bonds, which very fitting considering the game in question.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
007 starring Odo from DS9.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

bloodychill posted:

007 starring Odo from DS9.
Not Bashir and Garak?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Shadow Hog posted:

Not Bashir and Garak?

I'd buy that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Starring Dannel Crag as Jams Bunt.

• Locked thread