Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Front Pge
This poll is closed.
Congrats! 42 50.60%
It was a good thread 41 49.40%
Total: 53 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
alnilam

front page*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

lol thanks al :glomp:

everyone move along. there's nothing to see here

eonwe

good job everyone

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
4 out of the last 5 Comedy Goldmine posts were byob threads
v proud of you guys

Piso Mojado

there's a goldmine?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

when i die i'm puting byob in the will

keep up the good work

hi how are you ♥

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

when i die i'm puting byob in the chill

Android Blues

i like luvcow but i think he should get a probie. and that qwerinty shouldnt have been probied. but thats just my opinion

Android Blues

Piso Mojado posted:

Holy crap! We just made it for the second time in one week!!! Great job, great thread. Still lolling.

http://www.somethingawful.com/comed...swish/1/

also ye i loved this thread

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

HighwireAct posted:

4 out of the last 5 Comedy Goldmine posts were byob threads
v proud of you guys

it's more than that. 8 of the last 10 were byob

FluffieDuckie

Android Blues posted:

i like luvcow but i think he should get a probie. and that qwerinty shouldnt have been probied. but thats just my opinion

ok in the interest of transparency i'll explain my choices. then we're going to shut this down and if anyone else wants to talk about it i will be happy to talk about it in pms. this kind of ongoing debate is never good for the forum

(1) weird and qwerinty have a long history of making GBS threads up threads and then when someone gets mad and reacts they complain about the way they're treated. this isn't an isolated incident. they knew they were trying to antagonize people and it's completely disingenuous for them to act surprised or hurt that people get mad.

(2) when i give someone a warning that's me giving them an opportunity to stop what they're doing. easily 95% of people who get those kinds of warnings from me are thoughtful and then there's no further consequence. it's important to note that there's nothing that says that i have to give warnings. i just like to give people an opportunity to make better choices because i don't like to just walk around smacking people all the time and i really believe that most people want to do the right thing. i also prefer to treat people with respect no matter how badly they're treating me. weird and qwerinty came into a feel good thread and poo poo it up. I gave them a warning but instead of stopping they kept it up. in contrast, luvcow immediately apologized

(3) i've sat here for a minute and thought about whether i should probe luvcow, but i've never before probed someone for insulting someone the first time without giving them a warning first so to do it now wouldn't be consistent with how i've treated people in the past.

i hope that you believe that i do the best i can to be as fair as possible to everyone despite their history here, but i'm human so it's literally impossible for me to be perfect in every situation.

if weird and qwerinty choose to return and contribute in a positive manner they are welcome, but given their choices, if they continue to behave this way i will continue to shut them down. anyone who wants to talk to me about it please feel free to message me. i definitely want to know if i'm making bad choices

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

also rip this thread. someone can start another one when we hit the front page again

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

• Locked thread